Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What branch where you in? So have you already been selected or waiting like all the other people I read about on here? Yeah, when I filled out the application it said I qual for a level 5... I guess that's the basic starting pay grade. Vet points are good though right? Damn.. so my clearance in the miltary doesn't really mean anything? Yeah, I just got out my old math book so I'll be looking over that as well as the study guide. Is it just basic math? Any other advice for the test? I would like to get a 90.. lol seems like a good number...
    Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Im ex military and i dont really think it speeds up anything. Its pretty good for qualifying a person for the entry level positions, but other than that and the vet points you may qualify for, its not that big of a deal. And they do a seperate BI since the military is normally a "secret", etc. clearance and for CBP its a law enforcement sensitive clearance, so its different. The test aint that tough, just brush up on your basic math skills since there is no calculators or anything allowed.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GTO23 View Post
      What branch where you in? So have you already been selected or waiting like all the other people I read about on here? Yeah, when I filled out the application it said I qual for a level 5... I guess that's the basic starting pay grade. Vet points are good though right? Damn.. so my clearance in the miltary doesn't really mean anything? Yeah, I just got out my old math book so I'll be looking over that as well as the study guide. Is it just basic math? Any other advice for the test? I would like to get a 90.. lol seems like a good number...
      funny you should say that because i got a 90. I got a t.o. for michigan like 2 weeks after my test score was honored. Well i went thru the whole process last year, got hired and went all the way thru FLETC but had to resign a week before graduation because something serious came up back home. So i reapplied in july and they honored my test score, vbt, medical, physical and drug test. Gotta email saying they got my pre-employment forms, so just waiting on my qualifications and BI. The quals should be cool because i qualified for gs-5 before. I was in the air force for 4 years. You dont get vet points just for being a vet, you gotta have served during certain times or have a purple heart, etc.

      Comment


      • That's awesome you got accepted, but sucks that something came up. Hopefully everything works out this time around. Your giving me some hope!! Yeah, gs-5 that's what it was saying I qual for in the app. I was stationed on a airforce base in Guam for 3 years.. pretty cool. You dont get vet points for serving, only at specific times? Damn. I joined in 2004, so I've been through the war on terrorism. I wonder if that counts? I'll have done 5 years when I get out...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GTO23 View Post
          That's awesome you got accepted, but sucks that something came up. Hopefully everything works out this time around. Your giving me some hope!! Yeah, gs-5 that's what it was saying I qual for in the app. I was stationed on a airforce base in Guam for 3 years.. pretty cool. You dont get vet points for serving, only at specific times? Damn. I joined in 2004, so I've been through the war on terrorism. I wonder if that counts? I'll have done 5 years when I get out...
          It only counts if you have an expeditionary campaign metal. GS-5/7, whatever, just getting qualified is the important thing. Yeah i hope it works out too. I assume you are testing for a washingtion location? If so, pass that test and you'll probably get a quick t.o. as they are hiring quick for that location. Good luck!

          Comment


          • hmm which one is that... I have the global war on terrorism service medal, and well the nation defense? So qualed is good!! Yay! Yeah, I'm testing at the seattle location. If I do get accepted, I'm open for where ever they would send me. Not to pickey... hell I'm used to it... gotta love the military!! Thank for the info by the way!
            Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            It only counts if you have an expeditionary campaign metal. GS-5/7, whatever, just getting qualified is the important thing. Yeah i hope it works out too. I assume you are testing for a washingtion location? If so, pass that test and you'll probably get a quick t.o. as they are hiring quick for that location. Good luck!

            Comment


            • Got some news for anybody who has applied for Miami, 7 out of 8 new hires that started just this week at Miami airport havent had their BI's done yet, so since MIA is pretty short handed I was told by the training dept, that they are basically just "shot-gunning" people through the process. Just a little FYI for those waiting for Miami, not to sure about other ports.
              Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
              Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
              Graduated Dec 18, 2008

              Its game on from here....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                Got some news for anybody who has applied for Miami, 7 out of 8 new hires that started just this week at Miami airport havent had their BI's done yet, so since MIA is pretty short handed I was told by the training dept, that they are basically just "shot-gunning" people through the process. Just a little FYI for those waiting for Miami, not to sure about other ports.
                That sounds like good news, I'm just waiting for QUALS: pending and BI: in the security office. I applied for MIA. I tested back on NOV 2007

                Comment


                • Anyone receive a TO yet from the July testing?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                    That sounds like good news, I'm just waiting for QUALS: pending and BI: in the security office. I applied for MIA. I tested back on NOV 2007

                    Good luck to you. Chances are when you get your call and report, Ill be in FLETC. (leave in 13 days) So I'll update you and everyone else of how its going there.
                    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

                    Its game on from here....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                      Good luck to you. Chances are when you get your call and report, Ill be in FLETC. (leave in 13 days) So I'll update you and everyone else of how its going there.
                      Good luck to you too at FLETC. And thank you for the info. hopefully I'll run into you sometime in the near future.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                        Good luck to you. Chances are when you get your call and report, Ill be in FLETC. (leave in 13 days) So I'll update you and everyone else of how its going there.
                        I hope you'll be able to post every few days while at FLETC since some of us will have questions. I start FLETC 30 days after you and I'll probably have a ton of questions...

                        Comment


                        • I'm going over the study guide now, however I doesn't mention anything about math. Is there different versions of the test? How far in depth do they go with the math section? Is it just algebra? Thanks!

                          Comment


                          • sorry guys I was posting in the wrong thread.... lol I'm special!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GTO23 View Post
                              hmm which one is that... I have the global war on terrorism service medal, and well the nation defense? So qualed is good!! Yay! Yeah, I'm testing at the seattle location. If I do get accepted, I'm open for where ever they would send me. Not to pickey... hell I'm used to it... gotta love the military!! Thank for the info by the way!
                              The global war on terrorism and the national defense ribbons do not count for the 5 vet pts. Everyone who serve in the military on and after 9/11 got these 2 pieces.
                              Last edited by sillyapple; 08-21-2008, 12:10 AM.
                              Integrity First
                              Service Before Self
                              Excellence In All We Do

                              Comment


                              • Really? I checked this website: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei3.asp and if you scroll down to the 5 point preferance, it lists the global war on terrorism as one of them. I hope that is correct?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9204 users online. 286 members and 8918 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X