300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
    4 years of waiting and I got the call guys...

EOD: May 21st
    FLETC: June 20th
    Where?
    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
      Where?
      Boston

Comment

Boston
        That's a long wait man congrats!!! When and where is your pft2?
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

4 years of waiting and I got the call guys...

EOD: May 21st
          FLETC: June 20th
          Congrats! long wait, but it's worth it. Now; start running everyday until your pft 2 and you will be fine. Have all the fun while at the academy because its a one time experience you will never forget.
          Exam: 03/2012
          NOR: 04/2012 81
          Qualified for: GS 7
          TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
          Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
          VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
          Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
          BI: Security Office 01/02/13
          Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
          EOD:
          PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
            Does everyone's medical on CASS give this message at first after you have your medical done or no?

"Your medical has been sent to our Medical Review Office for a determination. We normally receive a determination approximately four weeks after your exam date."
            For me it did. A couple weeks later it changed to completed and I received the date of my VBT in the mail. Hold fast, your time may be at hand!
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
              Whatever you do please make sure you dress properly and look presentable . Thats a big plus! I went for the hand shake and stare into the eyes greeting I didnt wait for them to stand out the hand. The VBT is just common sense and for the SI be honest and THINK about the questions they are asking before you answer them. They rather you think about the question than just blurring out the first thing in mind. If you log in to CASS and click on the upper right hand FAQ's (FAQ'S for this position) and scroll down to the VBT/SI section it has some really good info regarding this . Hope this helps Good luck to you sir
              Thanks for the advice. Even if they give me the googlie eye, I'm going for a stare down and firm handshake! :P And I will try not to answer all questions by the same uniform rambling.
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• I have a question about the training at FLETC. I see a lot of posts about people having to get in shape and lose weight and sometimes struggling to meet the physical requirements. I really have had no problem with the physical stuff... I can do the all of the push-ups, running, sprinting, etc. without much of a problem... the problem I have is that I'm kinda on the small side. I'm about 5'6" and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm just wondering if at the academy, if I'm going to be expected to be able to physically take down people who are 2-3 times my weight and size? Is my smaller size going to be a problem for me? Obviously, I've been cleared twice for this position (I've been waiting 4 years) but any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                  I have a question about the training at FLETC. I see a lot of posts about people having to get in shape and lose weight and sometimes struggling to meet the physical requirements. I really have had no problem with the physical stuff... I can do the all of the push-ups, running, sprinting, etc. without much of a problem... the problem I have is that I'm kinda on the small side. I'm about 5'6" and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm just wondering if at the academy, if I'm going to be expected to be able to physically take down people who are 2-3 times my weight and size? Is my smaller size going to be a problem for me? Obviously, I've been cleared twice for this position (I've been waiting 4 years) but any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                  Probably be held to the same standard across the board to show you can hang and keep up should the need ever arise.

Comment

• Sometimes I just log in to CASS for fun to look at all my green checks. Two more to go!
                    GEO: Midwest
                    Written Exam: 12/10/10
                    NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                    TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                    VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                    PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                    Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                    BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                    Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                    Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                    Polygraph: 5/11/12
                    Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                    Met with BI: 7/27/12
                    Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                    PFT2: 9/4/12
                    EOD: 9/24/12
                    FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

I have a question about the training at FLETC. I see a lot of posts about people having to get in shape and lose weight and sometimes struggling to meet the physical requirements. I really have had no problem with the physical stuff... I can do the all of the push-ups, running, sprinting, etc. without much of a problem... the problem I have is that I'm kinda on the small side. I'm about 5'6" and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm just wondering if at the academy, if I'm going to be expected to be able to physically take down people who are 2-3 times my weight and size? Is my smaller size going to be a problem for me? Obviously, I've been cleared twice for this position (I've been waiting 4 years) but any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Learn the techniques and procedures taught to you at the academy and apply them to the defensive tactics scenarios. Do that well and your size, big or small, shouldn't be much of an issue while in training...if an issue at all.

Comment

• "For me it did. A couple weeks later it changed to completed and I received the date of my VBT in the mail. Hold fast, your time may be at hand!"

Thank You IamWolf !

Are you in the process for SWB as well or Miami ?
                        Last edited by rambo123; 04-15-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• I know someone who received a 72 and was hired...

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                            Thank you for your input!! and thats exactly why I was wondering if I should go at lest once to the range and just try it out . I wouldnt want to arrive at FLETC holding the gun sideways...
                            Pre-FLETC includes a trip to the local range to shoot at least 1 magazine from the H&K you will be using at FLETC. No worries. I was in the same situation as you are now.

Comment

Concurring with Merlin...no worries. I have seen much smaller than that here (currently at FLETC).

Comment

• Can anyone explain how the spanish class is if your selected a SWB location? Is it basic, I cant see a person knowing spanish in 6 weeks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12992 users online. 491 members and 12501 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X