300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
    HAHAHAH, o god please don't do that, that situation happened when I was in the millitary and the range master was so ****ed off!!!

haha . I know the instructor would probably judo chop the gun off y hands.. lol!! No if I can I will try and shoot once. appreciate the info
    CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
    NOR: 08/30/11
    TSL1: 12/12/11
    MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
    VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
    TSL2: 02/17/12
    BI: in security office 03/06/12
    QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
    DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
    BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
    NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
      Thank you for the response . I hope its to my advantage to come in fresh and not knowing anything .
      I think it will be to our advantage, bc they do want you to learn their way and i have been told so. Don't get me wrong im sure having experience helps aswell I'm going in myself(when I get the call haha) with very limited firearm experience. I've gone shooting once maybe twice so I'm basically in the same boat.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
        I think it will be to our advantage, bc they do want you to learn their way and i have been told so. Don't get me wrong im sure having experience helps aswell I'm going in myself(when I get the call haha) with very limited firearm experience. I've gone shooting once maybe twice so I'm basically in the same boat.
        sure hope so . I see that you have everything done but BI . Have you heard anything from them ?Or are you in TSU already ? I cant imagine being patient with only one more thing pending. Hope you clear soon sir !

------------------

Comment

sure hope so . I see that you have everything done but BI . Have you heard anything from them ?Or are you in TSU already ? I cant imagine being patient with only one more thing pending. Hope you clear soon sir !
          Ya patiently waiting haha. My BI has been assigned to an adjudicator and is pending review. I called IA last week and got that same response I got two months ago. They have received everything its just kind of waiting on a desk. They said their are alot that haven't even been assigned to somebody yet. So i guess that's good news. But its been pending with the adjudicator since last Oct. Its driving me a little nuts haha. All you can do is sit and wait and hope that the next Tuesday or Thursday it finally goes green. I see you've got alot done aswell. So the process is moving along for you too. Have you met your BI yet?
          Last edited by Rms16; 04-13-2012, 02:37 PM.
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Thank you for your input!! and thats exactly why I was wondering if I should go at lest once to the range and just try it out . I wouldnt want to arrive at FLETC holding the gun sideways...
            He's giving you bad advice. You don't know how to shoot and if you try to teach yourself, you'll regret it.
            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
              Hey guys! Well, I have been absent from the forums for a couple of months now. The reason is simple; I failed my poly. I just didn't have the energy to come and post anything. How would I if all my excitement, positiveness, hopes and dreams were flushed down the toilet afterwards. O

Needless to say, I didn't have anything to hide or lie about from my past during the examination. I felt good, comfortable, and calmed throughout the whole process. I thought I was there for the mere requisite. Afterwards, I felt like if it was a walk in the park... but it was not. According to that thing I'm hiding some type of criminal activity or behavior and what not. "Really?, (I thought) he's just being sarcastic...right?". He wasn't. Then, he told me to be honest with him (like if I wasn't), that it was the right moment to open myself up if something was bothering me (he was) and then my frustration appeared. I gave him this face and asked him "what do you want me to tell you? there's nothing else. Wanna drug-test me right here and now? Wanna walk through my hood' and chat with all the people that know me? Let's make it happen, I'll drive. Obviously, he declined my offer and told me HR would contact me to let me know what was next. I received the letter 3 weeks after and says they will be withdrawing my name and all that good stuff. What now? Should I give up? Is that the end of the road for me? No benefit of the doubt or second chances? What are my options?
              Don't. Give up the same thing happened to me. Im trying to contact somebody from IA, I yet the run around , so I wrote a letter of appeal 3days ago, I'm waiting for a responce. In the meantime I call them every other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                Ya patiently waiting haha. My BI has been assigned to an adjudicator and is pending review. I called IA last week and got that same response I got two months ago. They have received everything its just kind of waiting on a desk. They said their are alot that haven't even been assigned to somebody yet. So i guess that's good news. But its been pending with the adjudicator since last Oct. Its driving me a little nuts haha. All you can do is sit and wait and hope that the next Tuesday or Thursday it finally goes green. I see you've got alot done aswell. So the process is moving along for you too. Have you met your BI yet?
                no I havent been contacted or anything .. we'll just have to wait and see . I am guessing that ill prob be hired in 2013 if I ever make it. Hope to see you out there some day !

------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  He's giving you bad advice. You don't know how to shoot and if you try to teach yourself, you'll regret it.
                  I dont think Ill have time to try it on my own .. I have a very busy schedule when Iam not at work and the closest range is about and hour away .. But I do appreciate your input!

------------------

Comment

It's not bad advice just because it's different from what you said, if he goes to a range there not just going to give him a gun and let him shoot he will be under instruction the whole time.

And like I said in my first post once your at Fletc all you have when it comes time to shoot is pay attention and do as your told everthing will be fine, the idea that him going to shoot one time is going to completely screw him over when it comes time to shoot is just ridiculous.

I'm not trying to start a P ***ing contest with you Drifting but the fact your saying I'm giving bad advice is just uncalled for. I simple gave input im sure DaDarknight is an adult and can make an educated decision whatever he decides to do.

I mean just because I didn't agree completly with what you said doesn't mean i clicked on your post and said "Drifting giving you terrible advice here is what you really should do", no I did the opposite I actually said I agreed with most of what you and others had to say.
                    Last edited by Locke03; 04-13-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

It's not bad advice just because it's different from what you said, if he goes to a range there not just going to give him a gun and let him shoot he will be under instruction the whole time.

And like I said in my post once your at Fletc all you have when it comes time to shoot is pay attention and do as your told everthing will be fine, the idea that him going one time to shoot one time is going to completely screw him over when it comes time to shoot is just ridiculous.
                      Heh. I've been shooting handguns for twenty years and have worked the past two years selling handguns and teaching people to shoot handguns. My worst students are the ones that try to teach themselves before they come to me. I have over 800 certified students under my belt.

Any range I've been to will have you fill out a waiver, hand you a handgun and ammo, and tell you to be safe and enjoy yourself. If you want instruction, you'll generally have to pay for it unless an instructor has the time to work pro bono. And working in a range or gun store doesn't make you an instructor, even if you know how to shoot. I've watched the guy I work for in the store anticipate the recoil on a dart gun.
                      Last edited by Drifting; 04-13-2012, 04:22 PM.
                      Gek.

Comment

• Any response is greatly appreciated . There is NO wrong or right answer. Again they are just suggestions.! have a good weekend people and lets hope for some green check marks next week !

------------------

Comment

Heh. I've been shooting handguns for twenty years and have worked the past two years selling handguns and teaching people to shoot handguns. My worst students are the ones that try to teach themselves before they come to me.

Any range I've been to will have you fill out a waiver, hand you a handgun and ammo, and tell you to be safe and enjoy yourself. If you want instruction, you'll generally have to pay for it unless an instructor has the time to work pro bono. And working in a range or gun store doesn't make you an instructor, even if you know how to shoot. I've watched the guy I work for in the store anticipate the recoil on a dart gun.
                          I’m not here to challenge your expertise the problem I have is you post what you believe and give advice and I respect that but when I post what my experience is and try to give my some honest advice as based on my experience you have the nerve to call me out and say I’m giving bad advice, which based on my experience is not true!

I have never been to any range where if you walk in and say “Hi I have never shot a gun before can I have one and go shoot”, and they simple say “Sure, fill this out and have fun”. It has always been my experience that after you say you have 0 experience they make you take a gun safety test and then give you at least some sort of hands on training and come on with all those years around guns are you really trying to tell me one time at the range is going to mess some buddy up for the rest of their life?

And I do agree with you the people that walk into a range, academy, or boot camp like John Wayne and don’t listen to instruction or think they know it all are always the hardest to train but DaDarknight heading to his local range one time isn’t going to do that.
                          Last edited by Locke03; 04-13-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Well, handguns are what I do for a living; I'm damn good at it. I disagree with you wholeheartedly. That's all I have to say about it.
                            Gek.

Comment

Well, handguns are what I do for a living; I'm damn good at it. I disagree with you wholeheartedly. That's all I have to say about it.
                              And I respect that, I would just like the same level of respect from you thats all. Thank you.

Comment

And I respect that, I would just like the same level of respect from you thats all. Thank you.
                                I respect you and everyone that hasn't demonstrated that he doesn't deserve my respect. I do not respect reckless statements contrary to the truth. But I'm not going to argue with you anymore about what is the truth.

That's seriously all this time.
                                Gek.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9915 users online. 379 members and 9536 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X