300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    So we are the last wave of non-mandatory polygraphs...
    It's still random selected, however, it's a even higher percentage that a person will take it. Last year they only conducted 22% of the applicants. Some people will not take the poly, depends if your selected. CBP mentioned in 2013 everyone will be taking one. I still dont see that happening, just depends on budget.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
      Hey guys, I need some help. I was scheduled for the VBT/SI. Can anyone give me some pointers? During the SI should I be very straight forward and go for a handshake? Should I wait on them? What kind of questions should I expect from the SI? I know you guys cannot speak much about the VBT but what do you suggest I be prepared for?
      Whatever you do please make sure you dress properly and look presentable . Thats a big plus! I went for the hand shake and stare into the eyes greeting I didnt wait for them to stand out the hand. The VBT is just common sense and for the SI be honest and THINK about the questions they are asking before you answer them. They rather you think about the question than just blurring out the first thing in mind. If you log in to CASS and click on the upper right hand FAQ's (FAQ'S for this position) and scroll down to the VBT/SI section it has some really good info regarding this . Hope this helps Good luck to you sir
      Last edited by dadarknight06; 04-13-2012, 10:11 AM.
      CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
      NOR: 08/30/11
      TSL1: 12/12/11
      MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
      VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
      TSL2: 02/17/12
      BI: in security office 03/06/12
      QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
      DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
      BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
      NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Questions for everyone,
        I have never fired a gun before..... Will this be a problem for me if I ever make it to the academy ? Should I go to my local shooting range to try it out? Thanks

------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
          Questions for everyone,
          I have never fired a gun before..... Will this be a problem for me if I ever make it to the academy ? Should I go to my local shooting range to try it out? Thanks
          A lot of people who get the job may not have fired a gun before. Experts suggest that they teach you at the academy the "right" way. Otherwise if you go to the range on your own, you could pick up bad habits that may be hard to lose. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
            A lot of people who get the job may not have fired a gun before. Experts suggest that they teach you at the academy the "right" way. Otherwise if you go to the range on your own, you could pick up bad habits that may be hard to lose. Just my 2 cents.
            good to know . thanks for the response . !

------------------

Comment

Questions for everyone,
              I have heard exactly the same as Waterpistola. My friend who is currently a CBP told me that its best to learn at Fletc. Bad habits definitely can be hard to break.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Questions for everyone,
                I'm a firearms instructor by profession. Do not try to teach yourself to shoot. Do not get a non-instructor to try to teach you to shoot, regardless of his skill level. Your FLETC firearms instructors know their jobs and they do them well.
                Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  I'm a firearms instructor by profession. Do not try to teach yourself to shoot. Do not get a non-instructor to try to teach you to shoot, regardless of his skill level. Your FLETC firearms instructors know their jobs and they do them well.
                  Thank you for the information . I am sure Ill do fine with a proper instructor at FLETC . Sir if you dont mind me asking what made you choose CBP over BP? I applied for CBP and BP hoping BP would be a lot faster since I am pretty young and would of loved the experience with BP , but I would love to become a CBPO. Thanks

------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    I have heard exactly the same as Waterpistola. My friend who is currently a CBP told me that its best to learn at Fletc. Bad habits definitely can be hard to break.
                    Thank you for the response . I hope its to my advantage to come in fresh and not knowing anything .

------------------

Comment

• Hey guys! Well, I have been absent from the forums for a couple of months now. The reason is simple; I failed my poly. I just didn't have the energy to come and post anything. How would I if all my excitement, positiveness, hopes and dreams were flushed down the toilet afterwards.

Needless to say, I didn't have anything to hide or lie about from my past during the examination. I felt good, comfortable, and calmed throughout the whole process. I thought I was there for the mere requisite. Afterwards, I felt like if it was a walk in the park... but it was not. According to that thing I'm hiding some type of criminal activity or behavior and what not. "Really?, (I thought) he's just being sarcastic...right?". He wasn't. Then, he told me to be honest with him (like if I wasn't), that it was the right moment to open myself up if something was bothering me (he was) and then my frustration appeared. I gave him this face and asked him "what do you want me to tell you? there's nothing else. Wanna drug-test me right here and now? Wanna walk through my hood' and chat with all the people that know me? Let's make it happen, I'll drive. Obviously, he declined my offer and told me HR would contact me to let me know what was next. I received the letter 3 weeks after and says they will be withdrawing my name and all that good stuff. What now? Should I give up? Is that the end of the road for me? No benefit of the doubt or second chances? What are my options?
                      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                      Written Test: 10/04/10
                      NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                      TSL 1: 11/17/10
                      OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                      Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                      TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                      e-QIP: 05/08/11
                      BI Interview: 07/26/11
                      Drug test: 08/05/11
                      Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                      CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                      Written Test: 12/09/10
                      NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                      TSL 1: 06/14/11
                      PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                      VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
                        I took my medical last week and it states on CASS that my medical was sent to the Medical Review Office for a determination. Does that mean that something came up negative that they need to review or is that where everyone's Medical goes first ?
                        It just means your documenst have been received and are under review, if you long into CASS and it says you need to provide more information then somethings wrong but don't worry MHC gives you plenty of time to provide information to get yourself medically cleared.

Comment

• They just wonna see that your telling the truth. The fact that you got flustered at him and said, " wonna walk through my hood?" could have been the the deciding factor of your withdrawel. Instead you should have asked him if you could provide some reccomendations to help.

Comment

Questions for everyone,
                            While I 100% agree with everyone that the Fletc instructors will teach you everything you need to know (and the right way) If you have never shot any type of weapon before I recommend you go to the range at least once.

I grew up in Oklahoma deer hunting and fishing so I was exposed to weapons and weapon safety pretty early on, so I had an idea of what happens when you shoot but for someone who has never pulled a trigger it can be quite a shock when that first BOOM goes off, I have seen people qualifying at ranges that have never shot before drop their weapon or get scared and sweep the whole range (that’s a terrifying moment) or once I even saw someone take the handgun hold it sideways and go all OG gangsta (range master almost tackled him, was pretty funny ).

As far as you developing bad habits I personally don’t think one time at the range is enough to pick up to many and as long as you don’t go into the academy with the John Wayne attitude that you know everything you shouldn’t have any problems when it comes time to qualify at Fletc.

Last thing I will leave you with is this, don’t worry about this gun thing to much I have also seen times where someone with no experience outside of MW2 goes to a range listens carefully and then outshoots everyone.

Personally I plan to go to the range at least once to shoot the P2000, I have never shot that handgun before and would like to fill the weight, recoil, etc at least once before I head to the academy. Good luck whatever you decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                              While I 100% agree with everyone that the Fletc instructors will teach you everything you need to know (and the right way) If you have never shot any type of weapon before I recommend you go to the range at least once.

I grew up in Oklahoma deer hunting and fishing so I was exposed to weapons and weapon safety pretty early on, so I had an idea of what happens when you shoot but for someone who has never pulled a trigger it can be quite a shock when that first BOOM goes off, I have seen people qualifying at ranges that have never shot before drop their weapon or get scared and sweep the whole range (that’s a terrifying moment) or once I even saw someone take the handgun hold it sideways and go all OG gangsta (range master almost tackled him, was pretty funny ).

As far as you developing bad habits I personally don’t think one time at the range is enough to pick up to many and as long as you don’t go into the academy with the John Wayne attitude that you know everything you shouldn’t have any problems when it comes time to qualify at Fletc.

Last thing I will leave you with is this, don’t worry about this gun thing to much I have also seen times where someone with no experience outside of MW2 goes to a range listens carefully and then outshoots everyone.

Personally I plan to go to the range at least once to shoot the P2000, I have never shot that handgun before and would like to fill the weight, recoil, etc at least once before I head to the academy. Good luck whatever you decide.
                              Thank you for your input!! and thats exactly why I was wondering if I should go at lest once to the range and just try it out . I wouldnt want to arrive at FLETC holding the gun sideways...

------------------

Comment

Thank you for your input!! and thats exactly why I was wondering if I should go at lest once to the range and just try it out . I wouldnt want to arrive at FLETC holding the gun sideways...
                                HAHAHAH, o god please don't do that, that situation happened when I was in the millitary and the range master was so ****ed off!!!
                                Last edited by Locke03; 04-13-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8640 users online. 475 members and 8165 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X