300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
    A friend broke his leg at the K9 academy and was sent home 3 days before graduation. He has to do it ALL over again. Not sure if FLETC is the same way, but I am assuming so!
    Yes FLETC is the same. One of our instructors at pre-academy gave us a few examples and you basically get sent back to port for light duty until you are cleared medically and sent back to start it all over again.
    CBPO
    GEO Pref: SWB
    App Date: 8/2/11
    Written Exam: 9/1/11
    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
    PFT2: 3/16/12
    EOD: 4/9/12
    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• buis02, i see you just EOD'd, congrats! Looking at your timeline, looks like things went quick for you! What port are you at?

Comment

• Originally posted by eric269 View Post
        buis02, i see you just EOD'd, congrats! Looking at your timeline, looks like things went quick for you! What port are you at?
        Yes it went by quick for me. I'm at San Ysidro. You spend from what it looks like one day there and then shipped to Otay Mesa for training since there is no space there. Rite now it's death by vlc's
        CBPO
        GEO Pref: SWB
        App Date: 8/2/11
        Written Exam: 9/1/11
        NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
        TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
        E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
        SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
        PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
        Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
        BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
        VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
        DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
        Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
        Call Rec.: 3/2/12
        PFT2: 3/16/12
        EOD: 4/9/12
        FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
          Yes FLETC is the same. One of our instructors at pre-academy gave us a few examples and you basically get sent back to port for light duty until you are cleared medically and sent back to start it all over again.
          Well... That will depend on a few different factors. Mainly on how well you were doing at the academy. High scores on tests, great attitude, good standing with your Trainers will get you a "second" chance if anything happens and you get sent home. Most cases people simply loose the job. There are other factors as well that play into this. Probation period might be over and done with by the time you get back and finish FLETC and they will never know if they kept a "problem" officer since they never got to see you in action. Also, you would be drawing a check for doing nothing at the port...

You guys need to keep in mind that getting the job, and going through FLETC is still no guarantee that you will keep your job. You still have to pass your probationary period where they can fire you for any reason no matter how bad they need officers at such POE.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I was a bopper back in the 80's after getting out of the Army. If my memory serves me correctly, the journeyman grade was a 7. I had to test for the 8. Unless a lot has changed, the pay wasn't that great. Coming over to Customs in 92 was the best move I made. The new officers get journeyman 12 pay and the enhanced retirement, so I just dont see the comparison. Hit my 20 years next month with 10 to go

Comment

• Question for everyone that has taken the poly: Does the poly show up in CASS at all or is it just scheduled randomly?
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• does IA have an email I can use to contact them? I've been calling and leaving messages every other week since february and have not been called back. All I want to know is if there are any problems with my bi so that i can fix them. I had my drug test today and all I need left on CASS is for my bi to begin.
                GEO: SWB
                Written: 07/11
                NOR: 08/11
                TSL: 10/11
                Med/PFT1: 12/11
                VBT/SI: 01/12
                Drug Test: 05/12
                BI: met with investigator
                Poly: 10/04/12 (passed)
                PFT2: 12/27/12 (passed)
                EOD: 12/31/12

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtro09 View Post
                  does IA have an email I can use to contact them? I've been calling and leaving messages every other week since february and have not been called back. All I want to know is if there are any problems with my bi so that i can fix them. I had my drug test today and all I need left on CASS is for my bi to begin.
                  Did you try [email protected]? I emailed them yesterday and got a reply from somebody today saying they just reviewed my file and forwarded it to IA to begin the process. Like somebody else said a few posts back, i think MHC is getting swamped, and sometimes maybe you just gotta keep prodding to get someones attention to actually look for your stuff and process it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                    They've got to be kidding me,I checked my CASS today and my preemployment forms from green have been switched back to pending,does anybody else ever experienced such BS?
                    I had the same thing happen to me when they realized that my forms had a black line through them so they were unable to use them. You should contact them.
                    Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                    Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                    TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                    PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                    Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                    VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                    B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                    Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                    Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                    PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                      Quick question guys. I just saw that CUSTOMS has pulled my credit a couple of weeks ago .. Does that mean I ll be contacted soon by the BI ?
                      I had my credit pulled 2/1/12. My BI contacted me until 3/19/12 and we met that same day.
                      Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                      Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                      TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                      PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                      Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                      VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                      B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                      Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                      Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                      PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by eric269 View Post
                        Did you try [email protected]? I emailed them yesterday and got a reply from somebody today saying they just reviewed my file and forwarded it to IA to begin the process. Like somebody else said a few posts back, i think MHC is getting swamped, and sometimes maybe you just gotta keep prodding to get someones attention to actually look for your stuff and process it.
                        yeah i emailed them back in november and they told me my file was sent to IA, and that's when my status changed to "in security office" in CASS. I emailed them again in february when IA wouldn't return my calls and their response sounded a little annoyed and said they couldn't tell me anything about it.
                        GEO: SWB
                        Written: 07/11
                        NOR: 08/11
                        TSL: 10/11
                        Med/PFT1: 12/11
                        VBT/SI: 01/12
                        Drug Test: 05/12
                        BI: met with investigator
                        Poly: 10/04/12 (passed)
                        PFT2: 12/27/12 (passed)
                        EOD: 12/31/12

Comment

• Hey guys I am new to this site. I just took a polygraph yesterday and the examiner told me that I was not telling the truth and will fail me if I don't tell him the truth. I told him I was being honest and truthful to all my answers and my forms were perfectly fine. He kept on using his tactics and said that if you don't tell me anything, you will not being moving on through the process because I still feel like you're holding back on something. I told him that I was truthful and have nothing to hide. He said that if you don't tell me then you're going to fail, but he said he's going to send the information to Quality Control to get more results. I'm like uhhh in my head. He also said that I would receive something in the mail in a week or two. What the heck does that mean? I was so anxious and nervous because that was my first polygraph exam

Comment

• Has anyone got less than a 75 and still got a TO?

Comment

• I had my credit pulled on January 10,2012 and I haven't been contacted yet by an investigator, maybe I should email or call them to make sure no forms is missing.
                              Exam: 03/2012
                              NOR: 04/2012 81
                              Qualified for: GS 7
                              TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                              Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                              VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                              Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                              BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                              Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                              EOD:
                              PFT 2:

Comment

• Can anyone advise how much math is on the test?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11365 users online. 388 members and 10977 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X