300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
    Does anyone know how long the medical fitness s good for? when do they expire?

Anyone know when BI expires?

thanks
    There are two fitness tests. PFT1 is good for a year, last I heard, the second one PFT2 is administered right before you go to FLETC. The second one includes the 220 yard dash, 1.5 mile run, situps and pushups.

BI is supposed to be valid for 5 years, but it is not. Look at my signature below. Regardless of when your first BI cleared during the hiring process, expect a second one either before you get hired or while you're at FLETC, or right after you've finished FLETC to increase your security clearance.
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
      Good Morning colleagues. Lets see if we get good news today.....
      Good Morning...+1
      CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
      NOR: 08/30/11
      TSL1: 12/12/11
      MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
      VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
      TSL2: 02/17/12
      BI: in security office 03/06/12
      QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
      DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
      BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
      NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
        two observations from here at FLETC

1. Bureau of Prisons are some large out of shape people. Typically partiers that are downright reckless on the weekends. Bottom of the totem pole and they embrace it LOL

2. Get in shape before FLETC. So many people don't pass the first physical test when you get here. The physical classes here won't get you in shape.

davidB. Could you feel us in on what a normal day at the academy is like please.

------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by skoonz View Post
          They get the boot if they don't pass the first PT.
          Wrong, the only PT test you HAVE to pass is the final one... Now if you pass the first two and you get injured, you would have something to fall back on if you don't pass the final (not a guarantee), but if you don't pass any of them and fail the final one (which usually falls on the last couple of weeks of your training) you will be sent home. If you get injured where you can't participate in physical training (past the time allowed) you will be sent home.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
            Instead of push ups, I work chest/triceps/shoulders twice a week. Four sets of flat bench, four sets of incline, four sets of decline (number of reps in each is usually 12, 10, 8, 6 doing the most weight with the least reps). After the bench, I'll do 3 sets of seated flies on one of those nautilus type machines (the one in which you form a 90 degree angle with each of your arms against the pads, and bring our elbows in front of you). For shoulders, I'm kinda lazy and just work the front ones. I'll use one of the smith machines that has the pulleys in it and whose frame is tilted a little. I'll put a flat bench in the middle of it, sit on the bench, put 25 lbs on each side, and try to do 3 sets with 10-12 reps, in each, bringing the bar down to the base of my neck or upper chest. For triceps, I'll just do pull downs with the rope on one of the cables, arms parallel with ground. Weight 1st rep, 60, 70, 80, 90 lbs with no set number of reps, basically til exhaustion with about a minute rest between each (with chest/shoulders I like to wait 2 min between sets).

I used to do crunches wedging my feet/toes under the bottom of one of the preacher curl machines, or whatever has enough clearance to do that with. Since about November, I've been doing my old ab routine of 4-5 sets of 25 reps on the ab bench 3x a week. (similar bench as the one on the decline chest bench without the part that holds the bar and the angle is adjustable on the ab one). Sometimes I'll get lazy with my reps and do 25, 25, 30, 20, or whatever way I get an outcome of 100, other times, when I have more energy and do whatever number equals 110, 120 reps (sometimes 30, 30, 30, 20 or 30, 30, 30, 30). With abs, same thing about a 1-2 minute rest between sets. I try not to use upper legs at all and try to do all the work with my actual abs.

Between the stuff listed above, that ends up translating roughly to PFT2 for me.

Running.. eh. Yeah. Need to start again. Finally got my road bike's chain cleaned, so I'll start riding again for extra cardio between running days. Was doing 14 miles in 45 minutes on the bicycle, and the 1.5 mile run in 13:00 something with my dog beside me. During runs, I like to whistle/hum the beginning of Eye of the Tiger and found that it helps tremendously.

Sounds like a great workout. To be honest Since half of last month and this month I havent been doing any workouts I just started yesterday. Since I havent hear anything recently regarding my background I been trying to forget about it. I will start to run today and will try your humming technique! Thanks for the info !
            Last edited by dadarknight06; 04-10-2012, 09:51 AM.

------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
              Will do! You'll probably hear before I do since your SWB! Let's keep on keepin' on...

yes sir !

------------------

Comment

Instead of push ups, I work chest/triceps/shoulders twice a week. Four sets of flat bench, four sets of incline, four sets of decline (number of reps in each is usually 12, 10, 8, 6 doing the most weight with the least reps). After the bench, I'll do 3 sets of seated flies on one of those nautilus type machines (the one in which you form a 90 degree angle with each of your arms against the pads, and bring our elbows in front of you). For shoulders, I'm kinda lazy and just work the front ones. I'll use one of the smith machines that has the pulleys in it and whose frame is tilted a little. I'll put a flat bench in the middle of it, sit on the bench, put 25 lbs on each side, and try to do 3 sets with 10-12 reps, in each, bringing the bar down to the base of my neck or upper chest. For triceps, I'll just do pull downs with the rope on one of the cables, arms parallel with ground. Weight 1st rep, 60, 70, 80, 90 lbs with no set number of reps, basically til exhaustion with about a minute rest between each (with chest/shoulders I like to wait 2 min between sets).

I used to do crunches wedging my feet/toes under the bottom of one of the preacher curl machines, or whatever has enough clearance to do that with. Since about November, I've been doing my old ab routine of 4-5 sets of 25 reps on the ab bench 3x a week. (similar bench as the one on the decline chest bench without the part that holds the bar and the angle is adjustable on the ab one). Sometimes I'll get lazy with my reps and do 25, 25, 30, 20, or whatever way I get an outcome of 100, other times, when I have more energy and do whatever number equals 110, 120 reps (sometimes 30, 30, 30, 20 or 30, 30, 30, 30). With abs, same thing about a 1-2 minute rest between sets. I try not to use upper legs at all and try to do all the work with my actual abs.

Between the stuff listed above, that ends up translating roughly to PFT2 for me.

Running.. eh. Yeah. Need to start again. Finally got my road bike's chain cleaned, so I'll start riding again for extra cardio between running days. Was doing 14 miles in 45 minutes on the bicycle, and the 1.5 mile run in 13:00 something with my dog beside me. During runs, I like to whistle/hum the beginning of Eye of the Tiger and found that it helps tremendously.
                How are you doing on the 220 yard dash ? I tested my speed about 2 months ago and I didnt do so good.

------------------

Comment

Not exactly. The hiring process changed in 2009 or 2010. Everyone is now subject to one, according to the FBI agent that administered mine.
                  As of right now it is at random who gets selected to take a poly. I believe I've heard something like 10 to 20% are being polyed right now. Don't hold me to that, it's something I've heard second hand through this forum. It only becomes mandatory after 2013. I've already seen a few EOD that haven't taken a poly this year. You are right about the hiring process changing in 2009 or 2010, that's when they decided that by 2013 all applicants will take a poly. Until then though I am under the impression it's random.

"As part of your background investigation, you will be scheduled for a polygraph examination. Federal law requires that, as of 2013, all BI’s for Federal law enforcement positions must include a polygraph examination. "
                  Got that from the CBPO newsletter they recently started.
                  Last edited by Rms16; 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Need help on how to contest a poly. Any suggestion would be considered

Comment

• Originally posted by endyg View Post
                      Need help on how to contest a poly. Any suggestion would be considered
                      Sorry, but from what I've heard their is no contesting a poly. If you fail your out unfortunately. Then again the poly is new to the process call MHC or IA see if they can do anything. Maybe write a letter to your congressman. I'd say give it a shot doesn't hurt to try, but I think once you have failed that's it. I'm sorry Endy.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                        How are you doing on the 220 yard dash ? I tested my speed about 2 months ago and I didnt do so good.
                        Not sure, but I've always been quick. A few years ago I almost got robbed by two socio-economically-oppressed-sleepiness-syndrome-having youths on bicycles but I outran them.

If I'd have to guess, I'd say I can do the 220 yards in under 30 seconds.
                        CBP written test Miami, FL
                        11/10/2007
                        NOR letter 01/16/2008
                        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                        9/4/2009
                        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                        never got first)
                        qualifications completed
                        BI interview 9/30/2009
                        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                        poly: Mar 2011
                        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• I'm sorry I didn't thoroughly read the post by david b. which was the one he was talking about. I was thinking the 1st pre-employment PT.

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          Wrong, the only PT test you HAVE to pass is the final one... Now if you pass the first two and you get injured, you would have something to fall back on if you don't pass the final (not a guarantee), but if you don't pass any of them and fail the final one (which usually falls on the last couple of weeks of your training) you will be sent home. If you get injured where you can't participate in physical training (past the time allowed) you will be sent home.

Comment

• Should you dress business attire for the exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raidergx View Post
                              BOP maybe over weight but they make more money then you do and have 20year LEO retirement......
                              BOP might make more money for the first couple of years...because of GL pay. There is little chance that a journeyman BOPer makes journeyman CBPO GS12 pay.

CBPO 20 year 12D retirement is virtually identical to LEO 12D 20 year retirement. I'm not sure what you're seeing as a difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                                Should you dress business attire for the exam?
                                You should wear whatever you feel most comfortable in while taking a test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6841 users online. 368 members and 6473 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X