Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would anyone know the OT situation in the virginia and Baltimore POEs? I know some ports have plenty and other ports don't. I hope to get a port with a good amount of OT.
    Don't tase me bro!!

    Comment


    • Well two of my friends are complete with everything. Both tested in May of 2006. Just waiting on HQ now.

      The other two are still waiting. The two that are done had test scores of 109 and 86. The two waiting still on drug tests/bg interviews etc had scores of 98 and 107.

      On a positive note, two more friends of mine took the test at the beginning of the month and had their test scores back in a week or so. Very quick turnaround.

      Comment


      • recent backgrounds

        Hey, just wondering if anyone has recently or knows anyone who has recently had their background investigation completed. Ive passed all the steps and am just waiting for my b.i. to get finished, and was curious if anyone with a knowledge of experience can give me a ball park time frame.
        Thanks and good luck!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CBPOwannabee
          Can anyone help with the work schedule for a CBPO working at JFK? Is everyone schedule to work weekends, even officers with more than 5 years of service. Thanks
          Everyone works weekends. We work 6 on 2 off every 5th and 6th week we have a 3 day weekend (f-s-s and s-s-m). There are different shifts 0001-0800 mornings i think are 0500-1300, 0600-1400, 0800-1600...i think i work nights. PM shifts 1300-2100, and 1600-2400. If ur midnights u stay midnights. If ur mornings u switch btwn am shifts weekly. If ur pm same thing but u stay in ur shift.
          When in doubt prone em' out!

          Comment


          • Any idea when the next round of hiring may be? If I apply, I'd love to apply for the Baltimore Port, or Virginia Port (not sure if they are similar 'areas' or not). Also, I was wondering if the FLETC training for CBP is transferable to any other FLE agencies? I know its not the 'Uniformed LEO training', but are parts of it lateral-able or are portions of training potentially waiverable? Say a CBP Officer decides after a few years to transfer, what would happen if he wanted to go to the Capitol Police or something along those lines.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MisterSU
              Any idea when the next round of hiring may be? If I apply, I'd love to apply for the Baltimore Port, or Virginia Port (not sure if they are similar 'areas' or not). Also, I was wondering if the FLETC training for CBP is transferable to any other FLE agencies? I know its not the 'Uniformed LEO training', but are parts of it lateral-able or are portions of training potentially waiverable? Say a CBP Officer decides after a few years to transfer, what would happen if he wanted to go to the Capitol Police or something along those lines.

              Nope. Not transferable for anything except CBP. If you get into something that requires the basic police training program from FLETC and transfer to another position of the same type then that training would transfer. In short, if you go through the academy for CBP and then get hired for any other federal LE type position you'll have to re-attend FLETC.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by formerNOPD
                Nope. Not transferable for anything except CBP. If you get into something that requires the basic police training program from FLETC and transfer to another position of the same type then that training would transfer. In short, if you go through the academy for CBP and then get hired for any other federal LE type position you'll have to re-attend FLETC.
                You dont happen to know if the training is acceptable in any state then? I know the CBP training is very tailored to the CBP Officer's duties, but I do know they do learn a great law about general law enforcement, etc. - at least thats what I thought. I'd like to apply, but would love it if I could utilize the training (at least the basic) elsewhere if it ever came down to me wanting to change LE fields.

                Comment


                • well, checked CASS yesterday along with the telephone hring update, and my background is finished. Not sure what the means in terms of if and/or when i'll get in offer, but happy none the less that my final process has been completed. Anyone tell me how long it took to get an offer after their last hiring step was completed?
                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MisterSU
                    You dont happen to know if the training is acceptable in any state then? I know the CBP training is very tailored to the CBP Officer's duties, but I do know they do learn a great law about general law enforcement, etc. - at least thats what I thought. I'd like to apply, but would love it if I could utilize the training (at least the basic) elsewhere if it ever came down to me wanting to change LE fields.

                    States like Texas and Florida you can tranfer your training to. Instead of going to a full academy you only have to go to a 2 week course and boom you are certified in that state.
                    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NavCop22
                      States like Texas and Florida you can tranfer your training to. Instead of going to a full academy you only have to go to a 2 week course and boom you are certified in that state.
                      So FL and TX do except the CBP training? Thats good to hear. Thanks for the information. I always like FL and TX.

                      Comment


                      • CBP may be getting coverage FY 2008
                        http://www.federaltimes.com/index.php?S=2656303
                        CHECK IT OUT!!!
                        Not etched in stone yet but looks good to me.
                        When in doubt prone em' out!

                        Comment


                        • Personally, I hope it stalls this year. CBP is my last hope for a well paying federal LE job, that I want to do. If that is passed this year I'll be stuck else where until I finish my third degree for high pay. Man it sux getting old.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                          For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bigblue8081
                            CBP may be getting coverage FY 2008
                            http://www.federaltimes.com/index.php?S=2656303
                            CHECK IT OUT!!!
                            Not etched in stone yet but looks good to me.
                            I posted the full text here: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64379

                            We have the best chance yet of getting coverage. This time it's in the DHS 2008 funding bill.

                            Thank god!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kc12
                              Personally, I hope it stalls this year. CBP is my last hope for a well paying federal LE job, that I want to do. If that is passed this year I'll be stuck else where until I finish my third degree for high pay. Man it sux getting old.
                              Kc,
                              Are you in the process with CBP already? (i.e.- already tested and got scores?)

                              If so, I would not worry about it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MisterSU
                                You dont happen to know if the training is acceptable in any state then? I know the CBP training is very tailored to the CBP Officer's duties, but I do know they do learn a great law about general law enforcement, etc. - at least thats what I thought. I'd like to apply, but would love it if I could utilize the training (at least the basic) elsewhere if it ever came down to me wanting to change LE fields.
                                Some states recognise the training others do not. I know New Mexico will recognise it for lateral purposes. Its called certification by waiver, but you have to get all the information from them first to make sure you qualify.
                                Other states like Texas will not recognise the training for state certification, as they generally only accept other state certified individuals as equal, not federal training.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7796 users online. 374 members and 7422 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X