300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by erivera
    I hear that as a CBPO it takes 30 years to retire. Is that true? I am almost 41 and been in the military for 16 if I have to work 30 years I'll be close to 71 before retirement.
    You can use up to 10 years of military service toward retirement.

Comment

• Actually, you can count it all, unless you have retired with the full 20+ from the military. Rule of thumb is it has to be active duty time, and you cannot be drawing a pension from it.
      We have several people with 12-14 years Active duty time that are able to count it all towards retirement and leave purposes.

Comment

• Can any CBP officers here tell me what is the pre-academy training like? I was told once hired and you report it could still be another 4 to 6 weeks before they send you to FLETC.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• blabla

took the test in boston friday. Hopefully everything goes good ,also took the C.O. cival service test today ,that was cake.One thing that ****ed me off was at the BP test a kid couldnt follow how to take the test and filled out the wrong spot and the proctor let him fill out a new sheet. now i dont think its right, i mean do the rest of us there get extra points for listening .Well i am in it to serve my country so all this talk about the job, suxs. if you think its that bad beat it so the ones that want to keep america safe can get on with it!
          Last edited by johnnyrocket; 03-24-2007, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436
            Methinks some of you are comparing apples to oranges.

Marfa is(I believe) a Border Patrol Station, not a CBP Port of Entry and compressed testing is a child of the BP also. I don't believe there is compressed testing for CBPO's.

Yeah, there is still compressed testing for CBPOs. I'm taking one next month for it. Supposely it reduces your hiring time by ALOT. I get my oral interview date or VBT which ever one they give now at the end of my compressed testing day. So all in all I think it shouldnt take me long to get hired because I got lucky and got a compressed session. Hope to join your ranks pretty soon.
            Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

• With regards to pre academy training...that all depends on your port. Some just stick you out on the line and when it's your time to go to Georgia, you go. Others keep you in a watch only capacity and all you do is shadow somone and learn the ropes, or sit in training classes about some stuff.

Honestly, going to academy first without going to your port is best. Your port will teach you things just to have it all contradicted in fletc. Then when you come back, you must "unlearn what you have learned." - Yoda

Comment

• Work on the Immigrantion stuff pre academy.

Erm

Comment

• The training in FLETC is pretty much immigration when i got back i knew no customs at all. Its not to physically demanding nothing like military or other leo academies. (depends on u if ur 5'7" 280 lbs of out of shape fat dont waste ur time)
                  When in doubt prone em' out!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue8081
                    The training in FLETC is pretty much immigration when i got back i knew no customs at all. Its not to physically demanding nothing like military or other leo academies. (depends on u if ur 5'7" 280 lbs of out of shape fat dont waste ur time)

+100 to that. Also, I would like to add that if you are going to be in this career field you HAVE TO BE IN SHAPE!!!!. It irratates the hell out of me whenever I go to try out for a sheriffs agency and I see all these lack of a better word obese people trying out. Sorry boys and girls this type of job isnt like they portray on TV. It's not just a fat guy in a uniform stuffing himself full of donuts and driving around with a crusier with cool lights and sirens. Its more than that. Nothing else lowers my respect for a LEO when theyre stomach sticks out infront of their belt at least a foot out. Sorry to vent like that it just bothers me like hell when I see people like that wanting to be in LE. This isnt meant for anyone and if you think its meant for you then you better start working out.

On another note, if you have to ask "how physical the training will be or how hard?" you better start getting into shape.
                    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

• has anyone out there gotten another COE after being medically rejected and losing your original COE? if so, what is the process for re-applying, etc.?

i was found 'not medically cleared' for vision, but i'm getting vision correction surgery soon. i don't want to give up on this job, i was so close.

thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by sierra164
                        has anyone out there gotten another COE after being medically rejected and losing your original COE? if so, what is the process for re-applying, etc.?

i was found 'not medically cleared' for vision, but i'm getting vision correction surgery soon. i don't want to give up on this job, i was so close.

thanks.

How long did it take you to get to that point?? from when you applied and took the test??. Did you take the test at a compressed location??. Im taking it at a compressed location so I'm looking to see how long the process is going to take.

Comment

• Another Update:

Assessment: 2/9/02 passed (87)
                          Medical: 3/21/07 passed
                          Fitness: 3/21/07 passed
                          Drug Test: not scheduled
                          VBT: 4/12/07
                          Background:
                          Assessment: Passed (89) 2/9/07
                          Qualifications: Pending
                          VBT: 4/12/07 rescheduled 6/5/07 Passed 6/21/07
                          Medical: Passed 3/21/07
                          Fitness Test: Passed 3/21/07
                          Background: In security office
                          Drug Test: Scheduled for 6/27/07

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenito
                            Another Update:

Assessment: 2/9/02 passed (87)
                            Medical: 3/21/07 passed
                            Fitness: 3/21/07 passed
                            VBT: 4/12/07
                            Background:
                            Almost same thing for me. Did you mean to put 2002 for the test or did you mean 07?

Assessment: 2/8/07 passed (96)
                            Medical: 3/12/07 passed
                            Fitness: 3/12/07 passed
                            VBT: 4/10/07
                            Background: Pending

Comment

• CBPO at JFK

Can anyone help with the work schedule for a CBPO working at JFK? Is everyone schedule to work weekends, even officers with more than 5 years of service. Thanks

Comment

• I meant to put 07, thanks for catching my mistake. What areas did you put down to work in? I think most of my co-workers that have applied haven't heard anything because a majority of them put in for NC, or SC only. One guy put down FL, and AZ but he hasn't heard anything yet. Anyone that has been through the VBT, Is it like a typical interview just without a panel and a video camera instead? Also if anyone has an EOD, How long did the entire process take you? Thanks.
                                Assessment: Passed (89) 2/9/07
                                Qualifications: Pending
                                VBT: 4/12/07 rescheduled 6/5/07 Passed 6/21/07
                                Medical: Passed 3/21/07
                                Fitness Test: Passed 3/21/07
                                Background: In security office
                                Drug Test: Scheduled for 6/27/07

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10708 users online. 459 members and 10249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X