300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
    Fellas I'm new to this thread. I was wondering how hard this test is. I applied today and it gave me a schedule test date three weeks from now. This is kind of scary. Is it all basic questions? Is it harder then Border Patrol? Thanks for your time.
    Print out the study guide and review that. I took the ISO exam and did not pass. However, I did ok on the CBPO exam. Just make sure you review and understand the answers. Brushing up on math helps as well.

Comment

• I'm a CBPO, been in for 10 years and love my job. Take it from me, CBP has some really great opportunities. Yes, we have issues, but I would not jump to another agency, even for a gs13. I've been recruited by BIS and ICE and I'm not leaving. I love my job and not alot of people can say that.

Originally posted by 1895bombdog View Post
      A recent published government employee survey ranked and rated CBP extremely low.
      This position is not considered or classified by the government as a law enforcement position. Which means you have to work 30 yrs instead of 20 and you are not entitled to their pay or retirement.
      Morale is at an all time low!
      High turn over rate.
      Very little or no overtime presently available.
      New employees are not allowed to transfer for three years and even after that they are not easy to come by. Especially to the better locations.
      My advise to you (and this is my opinion) if you truly want a job in law enforcement keep looking. Something will turn up. If you just want a pay check then this is for you.

Comment

• 383897..Best of luck to you. Brush up on all math. Be sure you can do it without a calculator. Reading comprehension is also quite important. I'd go to the library and get a study guide. If they don't have one that seems appropriate, use the study guide for the military O.C.S. it is a good all around guide and most decent size librarys have it.

Comment

• I finally got my GREEN on the background investigation the only one left is the interview I'm still waiting for them to schedule me one.
          they use my CBP Agent stuff for the most part in the process.

Comment

• You do realize that you are replying to a post from July of 2006?

As you know, much has changed over the course of CBP's development.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serfloco View Post
              Mine is similar. Check my signature.
              Thanks
              CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
              NOR: 08/30/11
              TSL1: 12/12/11
              MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
              VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
              TSL2: 02/17/12
              BI: in security office 03/06/12
              QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
              DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
              BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
              NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                I finally got my GREEN on the background investigation the only one left is the interview I'm still waiting for them to schedule me one.
                they use my CBP Agent stuff for the most part in the process.
                Did you mean BP or are a current CBPO? Can we see your timeline please. And congrats!

------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                  Thanks
                  Posting a future date for your BP Exam and NOR...solid choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                    Posting a future date for your BP Exam and NOR...solid choice.
                    lol.. sorry about that ! made me LOL . Updated*

------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC162 View Post
                      If it is something taken legally/prescribed, the person should be alright as long as the person can provide proper proof. I would imagine they ask about prescribed medications before a drug test.
                      In my experience they never ask for what medications you are on and I have taken drug tests for the following in the past three months IEA, FBI, CBPO, and BPA.
                      I was told if something comes back fishy they will contact you and then you can provide what medications you were on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                        In my experience they never ask for what medications you are on and I have taken drug tests for the following in the past three months IEA, FBI, CBPO, and BPA.
                        I was told if something comes back fishy they will contact you and then you can provide what medications you were on.
                        If you dont mind me asking . What workout or what are you doing to prep for the PTF2? Thanks

------------------

Comment

• For current CBPOs, did anyone else put in for the FLETC TDY set to begin at the end of the month, and, if so, have you heard anything back regarding it?
                          ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew23 View Post
                            For current CBPOs, did anyone else put in for the FLETC TDY set to begin at the end of the month, and, if so, have you heard anything back regarding it?
                            What would current CBPO's do there? Show trainees the ropes?

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                              If you dont mind me asking . What workout or what are you doing to prep for the PTF2? Thanks
                              A normal workout day for me consists of this:
                              Treadmill – height setting set to 1, speed 6.5 to 7 (I usually finish my 1.5 in around 11.30 to 12), I usually bumb the speed up at the end to around 8.

Ladder pushups – if you’re not familiar with these it goes something like this. Start with a set of pushups then rest for 60 seconds then continue on. I use an app from rittr labs off the android market called push ups. My sets are usually something like this:
                              14,rest,13,rest,15,rest,13,rest,13,rest,12 = 80 push ups total.

Ladder sit-ups – same thing here as the push ups except the rest is 90 seconds and the quantity is higher; this is also an app from rittr labs called sit ups. My sets again look something like this:

22, rest, 22, rest, 26, rest, 22, rest, 22, 18 = 132 sit ups

I usually do the workout you see above 3 to 4 times a week.

I also incorporate at least two times a week an Insanity workout, these by far are the best cardio workouts I have ever done I love them and highly recommend them if cardio is something you want to improve.

If I do an insanity workout I usually do it in the morning and then my cardio workout in the evening (we use to call those 2 a day’s back in high school football)

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ms/insanity.do

For my other days I lift weights with light cardio; on these days my cardio is usually a 45 min jog or elliptical machine. I usually only take 1 day off a week from all my workouts but sometimes due to life happening I might miss two days a week in the gym.

Comment

• TDY to be an instructor for the academy.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10165 users online. 375 members and 9790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X