300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sealteam View Post
    Man run later! Start practicing on a step like you're going to do in the PFT1. also do pushups and situps. That step is serious! Don't try to place your foot flat on the step because it takes more effort to get up. Just place the ball of your foot on the corner of the step and use your arms to force yourself up and touch the corner of the step with your other foot. Hell you'll figure it out once you start to get tired. lol

The best tip I can give for the step is try to keep a cadence in your head. It helps alot with the pacing.

Comment

• I have to upload some papers that they send me but I am not clear if they want me to upload a resume or not....

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
        The best tip I can give for the step is try to keep a cadence in your head. It helps alot with the pacing.
        So, they just want you to go up and down the stepper for five minutes? Is it safe to assume they are just testing your endurance with the exercise, kind of how the AF used to do for the "PT" test where they would get their Airmen on a stationary bike for x amount of time and then see where their heart rate was at? Lmbb, I do not see how re-sending your resume would be a bad idea since you have the doubt. I take it you are further along in the process than I am, but they are requesting I submit everything again.

Comment

• Originally posted by goosemountains33 View Post
          So, they just want you to go up and down the stepper for five minutes? Is it safe to assume they are just testing your endurance with the exercise, kind of how the AF used to do for the "PT" test where they would get their Airmen on a stationary bike for x amount of time and then see where their heart rate was at? Lmbb, I do not see how re-sending your resume would be a bad idea since you have the doubt. I take it you are further along in the process than I am, but they are requesting I submit everything again.
          They just need to not think about it and just do it. RUN, STEP and throw up if you have to... LOL
          CBPO:
          GEO Pref: SWB
          App Date: 19 MAR 2012
          Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
          NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
          TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
          E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
          PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
          Med:11 June 2012
          BI: In Security Office
          VBT/SI: Pending
          Drug Test: Pending
          Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
          Call Rec: Pending
          PFT2: Pending
          EOD: Pending
          FLETC: Pending

Comment

• JAVY. have u heard anything from BP ?
            CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
            NOR: 08/30/11
            TSL1: 12/12/11
            MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
            VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
            TSL2: 02/17/12
            BI: in security office 03/06/12
            QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
            DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
            BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
            NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
              JAVY. have u heard anything from BP ?
              Border Patrol nothing, i got my NOR and thats it. i scored 87 so i dont think i have a shot this year..
              CBPO:
              GEO Pref: SWB
              App Date: 19 MAR 2012
              Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
              NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
              TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
              E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
              PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
              Med:11 June 2012
              BI: In Security Office
              VBT/SI: Pending
              Drug Test: Pending
              Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
              Call Rec: Pending
              PFT2: Pending
              EOD: Pending
              FLETC: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by goosemountains33 View Post
                They want to see you perform and they wanto you to keep up with a recorder that tells you "up, up, down" for five minutes. Its doable. Just dont think about it. And about the procces the first time I applied was in 2008 then again in 2010 and still going at it. Lots of hurdles but what am i supposed to do. My friend applied at the same time I did an he will be reporting to FLETC next week...

Comment

• Originally posted by javy03 View Post
                  Border Patrol nothing, i got my NOR and thats it. i scored 87 so i dont think i have a shot this year..
                  I saw a guy that tested in August and scored 85 and received his TSL1 in December. So I think we have apretty good chance just not enough spots available right now. Let me know if you hear anything I scored and 82.
                  CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                  NOR: 08/30/11
                  TSL1: 12/12/11
                  MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                  VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                  TSL2: 02/17/12
                  BI: in security office 03/06/12
                  QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                  DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
                  BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                  NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Just received my NOR this morning, scored an 80. Took the exam on the 27th of March at Fort Bragg. Applied to the Southeast, hoping to work in or close to NC.

Comment

• I'm sure this is pretty obvious, but are your veteran preference points already added into your score when you receive your NOR or is the rating in there your score without the extra 5/10 points?
                      CBPO:
                      Test Date: 3/26/2012
                      NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                      NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                      TSL: 4/27/2012
                      PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                      Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                      VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                      Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                      Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• hate to burst bubbles but anyone in the 70's or 80's wanting to get a TO should transfer their selection to the SWB.

Comment

• As for the step test...I'd rather do the PFT2 than the PFT1 again. up up down down up up down down.

Comment

• I didn't think the step test was hard at all. I'd much rather do that than crank out as many push ups and sit ups as possible. I did great on those, but I was really relieved when the step test came on because the cadence was waaaayyy slower than I thought it would be. And I'm 5'1", the taller you are, the easier it should be for you because they use a 12 inch for everyone!
                            GEO: Midwest
                            Written Exam: 12/10/10
                            NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                            TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                            VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                            PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                            Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                            BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                            Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                            Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                            Polygraph: 5/11/12
                            Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                            Met with BI: 7/27/12
                            Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                            PFT2: 9/4/12
                            EOD: 9/24/12
                            FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• I just got scheduled for the vbt and interview for the same day, apparently they are back to back. What kind of questions should I expect? Meaning will the questions be situational, integrity related...? Trying to prepare for what they will throw at me.

Comment

• The VBT and the SI are designed for spontaneous and unrehearsed reactions. Preparing for what they will throw at you skews the results, largely to a person's disadvantage, and results in many an unnecessary failure.

Take them cold...the way they were intended to be taken.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3758 users online. 244 members and 3514 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X