300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by javy03 View Post
    If he is starting to get ready now, its going to be hard to be in a good shape for the test. I dont think i will have a problem with the tests, i am Active Army and we run and do physical training 3 times a day, and for me 1.5 Miles in 17:15 is not a hard thing to do thats almost a 10min or 11 min mile, thats almost a slow jog.. so get out and start jogging and dont hurt yourself...
    Thanks for the responses I have been running for the last 2 weeks. Of course I'm not worried about sit ups and push ups I do those 3 times a week. Like 50 push ups and 60 sit ups. Cardio is the only thing that scares me. But how big is the step? The only step like thing other than stairs I have at the house is wii fit lol.

Comment

• They've got to be kidding me,I checked my CASS today and my preemployment forms from green have been switched back to pending,does anybody else ever experienced such BS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine85 View Post
        Got my PFT1 coming up on the 17th and I am still out of shape. Any recommendations on getting ready in 12 days. I run 5 days a week now.
        Stay in shape! And I don't mean in the shape of a ball...
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

Thanks for the responses I have been running for the last 2 weeks. Of course I'm not worried about sit ups and push ups I do those 3 times a week. Like 50 push ups and 60 sit ups. Cardio is the only thing that scares me. But how big is the step? The only step like thing other than stairs I have at the house is wii fit lol.
          Its a 12 inch aerobic step. Like the ones in those aerobics classes at the gym. You will be fine ...im 6'1 / 240lbs and passed it ....its all about endurance.

Comment

• If you are really worried about the step up here is what you do. Download a metronome app to your phone, grab some headphones, a stop watch and go the gym. Set the metronome to 120 bpm, use their stepping blocks and time yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror while doing it if you have to. Do whatever it takes. To each his own but it worked for me. I knew that I was in decent shape but those step ups SUCK. Good luck. IamWOLF we are on the same timeline for everything. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by future007 View Post
              If you are really worried about the step up here is what you do. Download a metronome app to your phone, grab some headphones, a stop watch and go the gym. Set the metronome to 120 bpm, use their stepping blocks and time yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror while doing it if you have to. Do whatever it takes. To each his own but it worked for me. I knew that I was in decent shape but those step ups SUCK. Good luck. IamWOLF we are on the same timeline for everything. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Best of luck.
              God-willing. Is it normal to receive an email after the PFT1 telling you to stay in shape for the PFT2?
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Ploy 02/28/2012...still no word if failed...BI is about 2 weeks in...you guys think I'm good? They got me sittin' on pins and needles here!
                CPB OFFICER
                GEO – SW Border
                Exam - 08/13/2011
                TSL – 09/11/2011
                Medical – 09/28/2011
                PFT 1 – 11/07/2011
                VBT-SI – 12/12/2011
                Additional Medical Information, Personal Doctor Visits 12/2011-01/2012
                BI Forms Submitted - 01/09/2012
                Poly – 02/28/2012 (worst day ever)
                Met with BI – 03/24/2012
                BI Cleared in CASS – 06/12/2012
                Drug Test – 06/20/2012
                EOD – 07/30/2012, FLETC 08/31/12 - 01/15/13
                PFT 2 –

Comment

• I meant to say Poly*
                  CPB OFFICER
                  GEO – SW Border
                  Exam - 08/13/2011
                  TSL – 09/11/2011
                  Medical – 09/28/2011
                  PFT 1 – 11/07/2011
                  VBT-SI – 12/12/2011
                  Additional Medical Information, Personal Doctor Visits 12/2011-01/2012
                  BI Forms Submitted - 01/09/2012
                  Poly – 02/28/2012 (worst day ever)
                  Met with BI – 03/24/2012
                  BI Cleared in CASS – 06/12/2012
                  Drug Test – 06/20/2012
                  EOD – 07/30/2012, FLETC 08/31/12 - 01/15/13
                  PFT 2 –

Comment

• Originally posted by goosemountains33 View Post
                    Hello guys and gals,

I have a question. I just took the CBPO test in NYC on the 29 Marc 2012 and have already received an NOR with my passing score stating they need my supporting documents now. My question to you guys or gals who have already gone through the process, what is 'typically' the next step? I know that some threads it is said that the order is not set in stone, but I would like to know what is 'typically' the next step. Thank you so very much
                    For me, I did the VBT/SI first (because the port closest to me had a cancellation...he said I was on the list for the next month). Then I took the PFT1, and a week or so later, I did my medical exam. So, if everything happened in the order it was intended, it would have been: PFT1, medical, then VBT/SI. But as well all know, it can be different for everyone. Check out my timeline...
                    GEO: Midwest
                    Written Exam: 12/10/10
                    NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                    TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                    VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                    PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                    Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                    BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                    Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                    Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                    Polygraph: 5/11/12
                    Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                    Met with BI: 7/27/12
                    Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                    PFT2: 9/4/12
                    EOD: 9/24/12
                    FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• [QUOTE=Americoza;3027416]
                      Originally posted by texas-al View Post
                      I just wanted to share with some of the newer applicant that when taking the VBT, you should be asked to do the Structured Interview at the same time. From what I have been told, if you are not asked to do the structured interview, there is a high probability that you failed the VBT. I know of about 5 cases where this has happened recently. This information seems to be accurate at this time. As with everything else, this is subject to change. (Just my .02 cents)

I am wondering how one fails the VBT. I have a close friend that failed it, and he is a very smart guy, so it is difficult for me to understand how he could have failed

Are you trying to say that 30 min you have to wait ,they spending watching and evaluating the video? I thought the final decision makes only MHC after reviewing the video records,I don't know how it was for other applicants but I was told right away that there will be SI conducted in 30 min after VBT,then an officer told me that all records will be send to MHC .
                      I was told by a CBP supervisor that at his port the VBT is ALWAYS given before the SI...the videos are all sent to a second port for additional evaluators to review. Not sure if it works this way everywhere.
                      GEO: Midwest
                      Written Exam: 12/10/10
                      NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                      TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                      VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                      PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                      Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                      BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                      Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                      Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                      Polygraph: 5/11/12
                      Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                      Met with BI: 7/27/12
                      Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                      PFT2: 9/4/12
                      EOD: 9/24/12
                      FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                        Got a call back from IA earlier, my stuff cleared, they got all my paperwork (despite what CASS says), its just waiting for adjudication (someone to sign off on it). I was so excited about the news I forgot to ask how long the adjudication would take, but hopefully it won't be much longer.
                        Don't mean to bring you down but mine has been with an adjudicator since October. I called this morning to check again and they called me back maybe an hour later. Unfortunately same news it's with an adjudicator waiting to be signed off on. I called them two months ago and got the same info. Wish this adjudicator would just look at my file already haha. I'm sure it's not that simple haha.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I sent my Eqip (again). Can't wait to be contacted for a VBT/SI.

Comment

• Originally posted by javy03 View Post
                            I know... i email them before taking the test and told them i wanted to change my location, and a girl name Krissi email me, and asked me where, i email them from my work email (Army account) and she emailed me today telling me that she changed my location and that she uploaded the NOR today. thats was FAST!!! ill keep everyone posted to see how long it takes
                            Yes, she and I have been e-mailing back and forth. She also e-mailed me at my DHS e-mail notifying me that she changed my GEO locations. Being a Southern gal I originally picked the Southeast, but after reading all of the replies and suggestions I opted for the SWB. I just did not want to be stationed in El Paso again, but I guess Bliss was not THAT bad! The moment she heard I was a preference vet and a female she got all extra excited and explained how OPM had the 'go' for females, albeit the fact nothing is set in stone of course. You know, I am actually looking forward to San Ysidro and such, get some nice 'cases' under my belt Well I guess now is to continue on doing PT.

Sandwichman,

Thank you so very much for the reply. That really does give me a reference. While I have done an SF86 and SF85 I am so glad you reminded me of this seeing as how some information I have taken for granted has changed. Thank you!

Comment

if you can knock out a mile in less than 8:00 you are in good enough shape. They want 1.5 miles in 17:15 or something like that i have to do 2 miles in 17:00 and i did mine PT Test for the Army back in OCT and did it in 16:30, and i was 215lbs and i am 5'8", Height and weight are ok, but still i am not in the greatest of shape, its just you telling your mind to shut the F** up and just do it..
                              CBPO:
                              GEO Pref: SWB
                              App Date: 19 MAR 2012
                              Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
                              NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
                              TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
                              E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
                              PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
                              Med:11 June 2012
                              BI: In Security Office
                              VBT/SI: Pending
                              Drug Test: Pending
                              Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
                              Call Rec: Pending
                              PFT2: Pending
                              EOD: Pending
                              FLETC: Pending

Comment

• [QUOTE=goosemountains33;3027827]Yes, she and I have been e-mailing back and forth. She also e-mailed me at my DHS e-mail notifying me that she changed my GEO locations. Being a Southern gal I originally picked the Southeast, but after reading all of the replies and suggestions I opted for the SWB. I just did not want to be stationed in El Paso again, but I guess Bliss was not THAT bad! The moment she heard I was a preference vet and a female she got all extra excited and explained how OPM had the 'go' for females, albeit the fact nothing is set in stone of course. You know, I am actually looking forward to San Ysidro and such, get some nice 'cases' under my belt Well I guess now is to continue on doing PT.

She was pretty good. hey PM me, or email me @ [email]email] i will like to keep in touch to see how the process goes, who knows we might end up in the academy... i am a SGT currently on Active Duty in Florida for the Army G1...
                                Last edited by javy03; 04-06-2012, 09:01 AM. Reason: removing email
                                CBPO:
                                GEO Pref: SWB
                                App Date: 19 MAR 2012
                                Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
                                NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
                                TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
                                E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
                                PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
                                Med:11 June 2012
                                BI: In Security Office
                                VBT/SI: Pending
                                Drug Test: Pending
                                Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
                                Call Rec: Pending
                                PFT2: Pending
                                EOD: Pending
                                FLETC: Pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5066 users online. 231 members and 4835 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X