BI: in security office 03/06/12
    QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
    DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
    BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
    NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by javy03 View Post
      Got my N.O.R for the test i took on the 30th... Rating of 90 w/o VA preference waiting for them to adjudicate them.. it will be 95... NICE
      In the past, vet points have always been included in the rating shown on your NOR, make sure you're not adding an additional 5 points. They have always added them without adjudicating them (Which just means they verify that you do indeed deserve the points).

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
        When did your BI clear?
        I just remember checking CASS and it was green; I believe it was around February or so. I already had a secret clearance from the Navy and my current job so that could have sped up my process(for the BI), but who really knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by goosemountains33 View Post
          .. what is 'typically' the next step. Thank you so very much
          congrats on passing the written

In my opinion the rest of the process is easy, just time consuming.

Next step: potentially lots of waiting to hear about the next step, and the rest of the process. Keep your phone number current. They'll call you to schedule medical and email you about VBT/panel interview (aka structured interview). You'll also get a call about the drug test, not an email.

The best advise anyone on here can probably give you while you're waiting, is to write down your life's details in the past 10 years, such as:

Selective service number & registration date (you can look that up online, google it)
          Employer(s) (names of supervisors, address of work, phone number, years employed, why you left),
          Residences for past 10 years
          Immediate Relatives (mother, father, sibblings, names, birthdays, location of birth)
          full info about your spouse (location of birth, date of birth, etc)
          Places visited in past 10 years (specifically outside the US, locations, dates, reason)
          Names of relatives overseas, how often you visit overseas
          list of all your Assets, debts (you'll need this for eQip eventually and your BI)
          VIN numbers of all vehicles owned by you as well as leased
          Any liens against you and their amounts
          Criminal History
          Drug Use
          current neighbors' names & addresses, phone numbers
          name, address, phone number of current boss/supervisor
          name, address, phone number of current coworker

I'm probably missing something but you get the idea.
          CBP written test Miami, FL
          11/10/2007
          NOR letter 01/16/2008
          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
          9/4/2009
          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
          never got first)
          qualifications completed
          BI interview 9/30/2009
          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
          poly: Mar 2011
          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
            I just remember checking CASS and it was green; I believe it was around February or so. I already had a secret clearance from the Navy and my current job so that could have sped up my process(for the BI), but who really knows.
            Thanks
            CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
            NOR: 08/30/11
            TSL1: 12/12/11
            MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
            VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
            TSL2: 02/17/12
            BI: in security office 03/06/12
            QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
            DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
            BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
            NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by goosemountains33 View Post
              Congrats Jay! So did I! Mine have not be adjudicated yet. I wonder when they will adjudicate them That was a quick turn around on the test results, for which I am glad.
              I know... i email them before taking the test and told them i wanted to change my location, and a girl name Krissi email me, and asked me where, i email them from my work email (Army account) and she emailed me today telling me that she changed my location and that she uploaded the NOR today. thats was FAST!!! ill keep everyone posted to see how long it takes
              CBPO:
              GEO Pref: SWB
              App Date: 19 MAR 2012
              Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
              NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
              TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
              E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
              PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
              Med:11 June 2012
              BI: In Security Office
              VBT/SI: Pending
              Drug Test: Pending
              Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
              Call Rec: Pending
              PFT2: Pending
              EOD: Pending
              FLETC: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                In the past, vet points have always been included in the rating shown on your NOR, make sure you're not adding an additional 5 points. They have always added them without adjudicating them (Which just means they verify that you do indeed deserve the points).

yeah, the lady from HR told me that... still 90 is good!!!
                CBPO:

Comment

• Got my PFT1 coming up on the 17th and I am still out of shape. Any recommendations on getting ready in 12 days. I run 5 days a week now.

Comment

• [QUOTE=texas-al;3027059]I just wanted to share with some of the newer applicant that when taking the VBT, you should be asked to do the Structured Interview at the same time. From what I have been told, if you are not asked to do the structured interview, there is a high probability that you failed the VBT. I know of about 5 cases where this has happened recently. This information seems to be accurate at this time. As with everything else, this is subject to change. (Just my .02 cents)

I am wondering how one fails the VBT. I have a close friend that failed it, and he is a very smart guy, so it is difficult for me to understand how he could have failed

Are you trying to say that 30 min you have to wait ,they spending watching and evaluating the video? I thought the final decision makes only MHC after reviewing the video records,I don't know how it was for other applicants but I was told right away that there will be SI conducted in 30 min after VBT,then an officer told me that all records will be send to MHC .

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine85 View Post
                      Got my PFT1 coming up on the 17th and I am still out of shape. Any recommendations on getting ready in 12 days. I run 5 days a week now.
                      Man run later! Start practicing on a step like you're going to do in the PFT1. also do pushups and situps. That step is serious! Don't try to place your foot flat on the step because it takes more effort to get up. Just place the ball of your foot on the corner of the step and use your arms to force yourself up and touch the corner of the step with your other foot. Hell you'll figure it out once you start to get tired. lol

Comment

yeah, the lady from HR told me that... still 90 is good!!!
                        90 is a great score, congratulations, just didn't want you to be misled because the NOR itself isn't exactly straightforward when it comes to preference points.

Comment

• Originally posted by sealteam View Post
                          Man run later! Start practicing on a step like you're going to do in the PFT1. also do pushups and situps. That step is serious! Don't try to place your foot flat on the step because it takes more effort to get up. Just place the ball of your foot on the corner of the step and use your arms to force yourself up and touch the corner of the step with your other foot. Hell you'll figure it out once you start to get tired. lol

If he is starting to get ready now, its going to be hard to be in a good shape for the test. I dont think i will have a problem with the tests, i am Active Army and we run and do physical training 3 times a day, and for me 1.5 Miles in 17:15 is not a hard thing to do thats almost a 10min or 11 min mile, thats almost a slow jog.. so get out and start jogging and dont hurt yourself...
                          CBPO:

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                            90 is a great score, congratulations, just didn't want you to be misled because the NOR itself isn't exactly straightforward when it comes to preference points.

Thanks, Hey which one are you going with. BPA or CBPO? i see that you are down the pipeline in both.
                            CBPO:

Comment

If he is starting to get ready now, its going to be hard to be in a good shape for the test. I dont think i will have a problem with the tests, i am Active Army and we run and do physical training 3 times a day, and for me 1.5 Miles in 17:15 is not a hard thing to do thats almost a 10min or 11 min mile, thats almost a slow jog.. so get out and start jogging and dont hurt yourself...
                              Yeah but running and stepping on that step for 5 mins is totally different. I run 4 days a week and didn't practice the step test and at about 3 mins, I was thinking I should have practiced. lol..... I guess the best thing to do is to know your body because some people are stronger in different areas. Its just that stepping on that step wasn't for me. Now I have to knock this PFT2 out on the 20th and hope my BP isn't high on that day like the last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine85 View Post
                                Got my PFT1 coming up on the 17th and I am still out of shape. Any recommendations on getting ready in 12 days. I run 5 days a week now.

Find the nearest set of stairs and for at least 10 minutes practice twice a day. That way on the day of your PFT1 its a breeze for the 5 minutes. Im not in the best shape and cranked out 29 pushups and 30 situps in the minute time frame. Its all about leg power for the steps and make sure you practice your push ups/situps and you will be fine.

Good Luck !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11868 users online. 438 members and 11430 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X