Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
    I have several suggestions.

First, I would not refer to the people who work in Human Resources as monkeys. These are the folks that have much to do with how fast or if you get hired.

FB

Well Said !

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
      I have several suggestions.

First, I would not refer to the people who work in Human Resources as monkeys. These are the folks that have much to do with how fast or if you get hired.

Second, answer your home phone if you really want the job. Once you get the job you can worry about which phone you want them to call. However, be prepared that you will still be expected to answer your home phone when home as well as the cell phone.

FB
      It's true...They ALWAYS call my work office number first. They then call my cell when they can't get through that way. I don't know why they don't move down the list for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChadRees View Post
        I would like to apply for an open position of CBP. I noticed that Northwest Northern Border Region, US is several states. I live in Washington State and just purchased a home there. I do not want to move out of Washington. What is the likelihoods of applying for this position and only wanting to work one location.

If you are not willing to move, do not apply....

Comment

• Originally posted by seventhousand View Post
          I just received my NOR from the written test and it states I did not pass. I took the written for Immigration Enforcement Agent (very similar if I'm not mistaken) a couple years ago and passed easily. I have never failed any written test.

My NOR doesn't give a score. Is there any way to find out my actual score? Could it be a problem with my Scantron sheet?
          If you score under a 70, they won't tell you your score. I took the BP test twice and failed it both times, no score either time on my NOR. In the documentation they used to tell you that unless you get a passing score, they won't tell you what your actual score was.
          CBP written test Miami, FL
          11/10/2007
          NOR letter 01/16/2008
          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
          9/4/2009
          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
          never got first)
          qualifications completed
          BI interview 9/30/2009
          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
          poly: Mar 2011
          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Does anyone know which states allow CBP officers to have peace officer status? I think Michigan is one, what about other states?

Comment

• LOL,I failed BP written twice too,dont know why though,CBP written test seems much harder to me since there is a math part involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                LOL,I failed BP written twice too,dont know why though,CBP written test seems much harder to me since there is a math part involved.
                Same thing I thought. The CBP test seemed more involved. What did my head in on the BP was the tripple and quadruple negatives in Spanish (the first time) and the artificial language (second time). The BP test is total bs in my opinion, measure ability to learn languages my ***. I speak 3 languages now and can read/understand several other ones. Stick me in a Spanish class after FLETC for a few weeks and I'd be fluent at it like I was when I was a kid. I can get around La Habana Del Norte now with no issues, so I don't know why the BP test is made to be so impossible.

Anyway, when I took the BP test, I got the impression that they really just want native speakers who were done with the language portion in 10-15 minutes.
                CBP written test Miami, FL
                11/10/2007
                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                9/4/2009
                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                never got first)
                qualifications completed
                BI interview 9/30/2009
                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                poly: Mar 2011
                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by go_fed View Post
                  Does anyone know which states allow CBP officers to have peace officer status? I think Michigan is one, what about other states?
                  Out of curiosity, what difference does it make?

To partially answer your question, Texas is not one of them.
                  Last edited by Drifting; 04-04-2012, 01:54 PM.
                  Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                    Stick me in a Spanish class after FLETC for a few weeks and I'd be fluent at it like I was when I was a kid. I can get around La Habana Del Norte now with no issues, so I don't know why the BP test is made to be so impossible.
                    I did not grow up speaking Spanish, didn't start learning it until I was 17, and four years l scored 95 on the Border Patrol test with Spanish. I also kept a list of words that I learned in Spanish academy; there were twenty. No one will become fluent in Spanish at BPSIP. Some native speakers tend to fail Spanish tests because they have no formal education of the language.
                    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                      Out of curiosity, what difference does it make?

To partially answer your question, Texas is not one of them.
                      Just out of curiosity, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by go_fed View Post
                        Does anyone know which states allow CBP officers to have peace officer status? I think Michigan is one, what about other states?
                        Look here:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0042.htm

Although, that's a bit outdated. I'd check with a particular state if I was all that interested.

As a practical matter, any state peace officer status for CBPOs is largely irrelevant. Most CBPOs will never enforce state law outside the bounds of enforcing federal law.

Comment

• Question for any current or knowlageable CBP Officers...I see that the anouncement is back up. I did apply, however, i am already a State LEO. Have been for almost 5 yrs. I would have to take a big pay cut to do CBP. My question is; would it be worth it, do you think to try my hand at CBP. I have seen some people on here say morale is low and there is little to no OT available. I would never dis credit any current LEO's on here and would just like some basic info to base my decission on.

Comment

• Originally posted by frontier5686 View Post
                            Question for any current or knowlageable CBP Officers...I see that the anouncement is back up. I did apply, however, i am already a State LEO. Have been for almost 5 yrs. I would have to take a big pay cut to do CBP. My question is; would it be worth it, do you think to try my hand at CBP. I have seen some people on here say morale is low and there is little to no OT available. I would never dis credit any current LEO's on here and would just like some basic info to base my decission on.
                            Morale is what you make it.
                            As far as OT. It depeneds on your port. SWB ports will have more overtime availabilty than airports or seaports. Some officers on the South West Border will see 100K per year in 3-4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                              Morale is what you make it.
                              As far as OT. It depeneds on your port. SWB ports will have more overtime availabilty than airports or seaports. Some officers on the South West Border will see 100K per year in 3-4 years.
                              Wow, that is some good money.
                              Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                                If you score under a 70, they won't tell you your score. I took the BP test twice and failed it both times, no score either time on my NOR. In the documentation they used to tell you that unless you get a passing score, they won't tell you what your actual score was.
                                Thank you for your response.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9829 users online. 238 members and 9591 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X