300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rcioffi View Post
    Hey, need some quick info on the testing at Varick St in NYC.

Is it a real pain in the neck to drive there? Is there a place to park or will I have to park at a garage for $20/hour?

Does the test take exactly 4 hours and 50 minutes? Or is the end of it self-paced? I'm just wondering because I'm looking at train schedules and things like that.

Any help would be appreciated...testing tomorrow!
    rcioffi,

It is not worth driving into the city. The parking is really far and yes, you will have to pay in the mid-high 20s for parking and still have to walk. Your best bet is to take the train. Take the 1 and sit towards the front of the train and get off at Houston and take the exit to the left (I think that is the NW corner of Varick and Houston) You will basically be right there in front of the federal building. You stay on the side of the street, you will pass the VA entrance and then the entrance to OPM. Word of advice, truly be there 30 minutes before your test or even better if before. People will be lined up already. My test was on the 29 at 0800 and I got there by 720 and there was already a line. Come well fed. You will be there the entire time. You will have two breaks, a 5 minute break from the logic to the math and a 10 minute break, which you will have to go out and stretch, from the math into the english. I got out of there at 115, so again yes, you will be there the whole time. No, nothing is self-paced. If you took the ISO test it is a similar set-up like that, only different add math. Hope this help! BUT TAKE THE TRAIN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cmlmt5 View Post
      Can anyone give me an idea of how long the BI takes to clear in CASS. I know its different for everyone but If I could get an idea that would be great. Met with the Investigator 3 days ago.
      I'm nine days shy of nine months on mine and it hasn't cleared.
      Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcioffi View Post
        Does the test take exactly 4 hours and 50 minutes? Or is the end of it self-paced? I'm just wondering because I'm looking at train schedules and things like that.
        I stayed in the hotel where my test was given and arrived in the testing room thirty minutes prior to the assigned time. I was finished with the test seven hours later.
        Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
          Tuesdays and Thursdays. Assuming they look at our medical results by next week.
          That FEDEX packet, did it come with a return envelope? If so, I am screwed. The people that schedule our medical sent me a pdf version of the packet since I scheduled it on Friday for the following Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh222 View Post
            That FEDEX packet, did it come with a return envelope? If so, I am screwed. The people that schedule our medical sent me a pdf version of the packet since I scheduled it on Friday for the following Monday.
            It came with a FedEx envelope in it with all the paperwork and a pre-filled out address form to be returned to someplace CHS in Reston, VA. I don't know what to tell you other than call the medical people.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh222 View Post
              My documents didn't arrive in time for my medical, the facility I went to knew where to send the documents anyway and they even had their own copies of the necessary paperwork. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                I'm nine days shy of nine months on mine and it hasn't cleared.
                Drifting,
                I feel your pain April makes 8 months for me. Living in a waiting room and its driving me a little nuts haha.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Anyone took the exam on the 30th of March in Orlando?
                  CBPO:
                  GEO Pref: SWB
                  App Date: 19 MAR 2012
                  Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
                  NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
                  TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
                  E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
                  PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
                  Med:11 June 2012
                  BI: In Security Office
                  VBT/SI: Pending
                  Drug Test: Pending
                  Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
                  Call Rec: Pending
                  PFT2: Pending
                  EOD: Pending
                  FLETC: Pending

Comment

• I'm wondering if there is anybody on this forum who has the same situation as I do or I'm just special.
                    Had medical,SI,VBT,pre-employment forms,PFT 1 all green on CASS ,qualification still pending,BI is pending in the security office and for some reason they haven't called me for a drug test yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                      Realistically, what are the odds of a recent college grad, general retail experience, an internship with the USSS, and SAA getting this job on the eastern coast?

The reason why I ask is I know there's a big push to hire vets lately, and I don't want to drive 4 hours to take an exam for a job I know I don't have much of a chance getting.

Is like this. If you REALLY want it you do what you have to do, now if you THINK you want it, do not bother driving and taking the test. I have taken the test twice; once in 2008 and another one in 2010. I am still waiting for my BI to clear. I had to drive 6 hours to test (both times) but I am not discouraged. I knew what I wanted and went for it. There were no opinions that matter to me but my own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                        I'm wondering if there is anybody on this forum who has the same situation as I do or I'm just special.
                        Had medical,SI,VBT,pre-employment forms,PFT 1 all green on CASS ,qualification still pending,BI is pending in the security office and for some reason they haven't called me for a drug test yet.
                        Americoza welcome to the waiting club haha, I submitted my e-qip back in December 2011 and still i haven't been contacted by an investigator or drug test. So just sit back and relax, join the gym and keep on working out. might as well have a few beers because the summer is here and when they ready for you they ready, why stress out over something we don't have any control of?
                        Exam: 03/2012
                        NOR: 04/2012 81
                        Qualified for: GS 7
                        TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                        Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                        VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                        Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                        BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                        Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                        EOD:
                        PFT 2:

Comment

• Thanx for the input brotha,don't take me wrong ,I would never lose my sleep over this process,I did everything what I could have done to get hired,now ,it's their part.
                          Have been a member of GYM since 2004,totally pro-beer person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                            I'm wondering if there is anybody on this forum who has the same situation as I do or I'm just special.
                            The drug test is completely random and can occur at any point during the process. Nothing to worry about.
                            GEO: Midwest
                            Written Exam: 12/10/10
                            NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                            TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                            VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                            PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                            Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                            BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                            Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                            Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                            Polygraph: 5/11/12
                            Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                            Met with BI: 7/27/12
                            Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                            PFT2: 9/4/12
                            EOD: 9/24/12
                            FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• I just called MHC and they told me that it's normal for everything to be pending on CASS. Woot
                              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• For the position of CBPO, your pre-employment forms and rating are the last to be done in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6622 users online. 321 members and 6301 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X