Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the average of overtime offer in Laredo, TX? On the first year, does a CBPO get overtime at all?

Comment

• Anybody here still waiting for WA Northern Border?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
        I assume you brought your FEDEX packet to the medical. They should overnight that to Reston, VA for you.
        never got a fedex packet per say, they sent me the pdf version since it was scheduled on friday for the following monday

Comment

• Realistically, what are the odds of a recent college grad, general retail experience, an internship with the USSS, and SAA getting this job on the eastern coast?

The reason why I ask is I know there's a big push to hire vets lately, and I don't want to drive 4 hours to take an exam for a job I know I don't have much of a chance getting.
          Last edited by cur679; 03-30-2012, 11:25 PM.
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            Realistically, what are the odds of a recent college grad, general retail experience, an internship with the USSS, and SAA getting this job on the eastern coast?

The reason why I ask is I know there's a big push to hire vets lately, and I don't want to drive 4 hours to take an exam for a job I know I don't have much of a chance getting.
            If that is the attitude and the lack of determination that you wish to show, I am not sure that you are right for the job to begin with.

FB

Comment

Realistically, what are the odds of a recent college grad, general retail experience, an internship with the USSS, and SAA getting this job on the eastern coast?

cur679,

You have to stop fishing for compliments man. Your posts are the same thing everytime, describing your education and experience and asking if it is enough to secure a spot. This is a great entry level fed leo job to get into. CBP is the biggest law enforcement organization in the nation. Apply, take the test, and keep improving your KSA's, education, and work experience. Oh... and most important STAY MOTIVATED. Conceive. Believe. Achieve!
              Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

You know this? Where are you getting your facts? I flew 300 miles to take my test and a large number of people there flew in from out of state. Either you want this or you don't. If you're not willing to make that drive, this probably isn't for you.

Comment

• Cur679,
                  I agree with Cfalco I took a train to Philly for this test and sat with another 300 to 400 other ppl, most of them had to travel more then I did. My friend felt so strongly about getting this job that he drove all night to Buffalo slept in his car took the test then drove back that same day. He couldn't miss work but wanted this job so he did what he had to do. Sorry if I'm being harsh but most of us have been waiting for this job awhile and would do most anything to get it.
                  Last edited by Rms16; 03-31-2012, 09:31 AM.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

It appears that you're approaching this with the wrong attitude...
                    The "push" to hire vets is almost non-consequential when it comes to the system we use. You take your test and get a score, a vet gets 5-10 points added to their score, and that determines who gets a TO first...(highest scores).
                    Now if you REALLY want the job, then you should apply to the SWB, where they have been picking up people like candy! Anywhere else in the country you will find yourself fighting for few funded spots and a very long wait time to be picked up. Took me 4 years to get picked up, and the 3 new guys that came to my port took them 3... Now ask yourself how bad you want it and how far you're willing to go and wait for it!
                    Mind you that all that background counts for absolutely nothing, other than your GS level qualification, after that it's all about how quickly you can clear all the steps, getting to TSU, and your number coming up!
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Is it normal for them to interview your relatives, after they have already interviewed your references? Also, by me already working in the federal field if i get the job will my annual & sick hours carry over or will it start from scratch?
                      Geographic Availability: SouthWest
                      Application: August 2011
                      Exam: August 2011
                      N.O.R: September 2011
                      TSL1: October 2011
                      E-Qip:November 2011
                      PFT-1: December 21st, 2011
                      B.I.: January 2012-March 2012
                      Structured Interview/VBT: March 2012
                      Drug Test: May 2012
                      Polygraph Test: May 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sidewayz8 View Post
                        Is it normal for them to interview your relatives, after they have already interviewed your references? Also, by me already working in the federal field if i get the job will my annual & sick hours carry over or will it start from scratch?
                        Yes your Sick and Annual Leave carry over if you are federal.
                        SWB
                        TEST: 07/2011
                        NOR: 8/30/2011
                        TSL: 10/12/2011
                        PRE-Employment Forms
                        Qualifications GS7
                        Medical Exam
                        Structured Interview
                        Drug Screening
                        Background Investigation 12/20/2011 met BI 03/12/2012
                        Fitness

Comment

• Well, I'll be testing in Orlando. Anyone else in this thread testing at that location? April 23rd is my testing date.

Also, is the study guide 62 pages long? I logged onto usatestmanager.gov and there wasn't information on re-downloading the study guide.

I'm assuming this is it:

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...prepmanual.pdf

Thank you, and good luck to all.
                          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                          02/28/14-TSL Received
                          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                          07/01/14-VBT/SI
                          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Can you realistically get a TO with a score of 81 in the Northeast? (that's exactly my situation)
                            “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

• Originally posted by rocknroll View Post
                              Can you realistically get a TO with a score of 81 in the Northeast? (that's exactly my situation)
                              Anything is possible.....based on recent offers for the Northeast, I believe the cutoff for my announcement was somewhere in the mid 90's. (Myself and a guy with a 95 got tentative offers, guy who scored a 93 did not). Nobody can tell you for sure, you certainly are taking a chance though when the SWB is almost a sure thing with an 81.

Good luck

Comment

4 hours? HAH! I had to fly from Miami to Atlanta just to take the written. You better show more determination and will power than that if you want the job! CBPO is an entry level job so do good on your written and that's all that matters.
                                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15472 users online. 429 members and 15043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X