300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
    does anyone else get freaked out after a green check on cass, then a THIN letter is sent within the week?
    Not really...That thin letter was my qualification notification.

Comment

• Originally posted by txjd View Post
      What is the suggested attire for the exam portion? Slacks and a polo?
      If you're asking about the written test, I wore jeans and t-shirt. Took the test for BP twice and on that one people came in wearing shorts. For everything else, at bare minimum put on a dress shirt shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes. Make sure to shine your shoes and a fresh haircut doesn't hurt either.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
        Not really...That thin letter was my qualification notification.
        I got that in January and was a little freaked too bc it was before it cleared in CASS.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
          If you're asking about the written test, I wore jeans and t-shirt. Took the test for BP twice and on that one people came in wearing shorts. For everything else, at bare minimum put on a dress shirt shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes. Make sure to shine your shoes and a fresh haircut doesn't hurt either.
          Everything else besides the PFT1 and Medical. I can't imagine doing the step test in a suit! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
            Everything else besides the PFT1 and Medical. I can't imagine doing the step test in a suit! haha
            oh dude, for the medicals and pft1 shorts and a t-shirt

For the written test, nobody cares because there are so many people in there taking it (in Miami during the written, every other seat was occupied). For the other sit downs related to the hiring process, use common sense. Its better to be overdressed than under.
            CBP written test Miami, FL
            11/10/2007
            NOR letter 01/16/2008
            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
            9/4/2009
            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
            never got first)
            qualifications completed
            BI interview 9/30/2009
            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
            poly: Mar 2011
            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by txjd View Post
              What is the suggested attire for the exam portion? Slacks and a polo?
              Wear something reasonable. If you are wondering if your choice of attire is proper, then play safe and dress more formally.

I have seen mid-level CBP management at test sites. You never know who might be watching and taking notes. You don't want to be seen as "that guy".

Comment

• Originally posted by pmbi View Post
                Hi Everyone,
                Is PTSD a big deal?I got a 60% compensatable rating.The CBP is concerned and wants my medical record from the Va,they also want me to go and see a psychiatrist with some paperwork for diagnostics.Will this eliminate me?
                Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a severe anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to any event that results in psychological trauma.This event may involve the threat of death to oneself or to someone else, or to one's own or someone else's physical, sexual, or psychological integrity,overwhelming the individual's ability to cope. As an effect of psychological trauma, PTSD is less frequent and more enduring than the more commonly seen acute stress response. Diagnostic symptoms for PTSD include re-experiencing the original trauma(s) through flashbacks or nightmares, avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma, and increased arousal—such as difficulty falling or staying asleep, anger, and hypervigilance. Formal diagnostic criteria (both DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10) require that the symptoms last more than one month and cause significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.( I got this from Wikipedia.)

So, honestly PTSD does not look good. Maybe your fellow veterans can give you better advise.
                Exam: 03/2012
                NOR: 04/2012 81
                Qualified for: GS 7
                TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                EOD:
                PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
                  Well guys, it's the end of the line for me. I got a letter yesterday saying that I failed the polygraph and am unsuitable for employment. It's sad and disappointing because I told the truth. I would've made an excellent officer, but it wasn't meant to be. Luckily, I have a career in a rewarding field already, so I'm thankful for that. Good luck to everyone that's still in the running! This will be my last post on the forum.
                  Deuces!
                  I guess you're not a real Gringa after all haha, lying to the Feds. Just joking, well I don't get it quite honestly how you said that you "told the truth" and they failed you. So if one tells the honest truth and fails, then what about the ones that tell lies? Maybe there has to be more to your story.
                  Exam: 03/2012
                  NOR: 04/2012 81
                  Qualified for: GS 7
                  TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                  Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                  VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                  Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                  BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                  Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                  EOD:
                  PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                    Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a severe anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to any event that results in psychological trauma.This event may involve the threat of death to oneself or to someone else, or to one's own or someone else's physical, sexual, or psychological integrity,overwhelming the individual's ability to cope. As an effect of psychological trauma, PTSD is less frequent and more enduring than the more commonly seen acute stress response. Diagnostic symptoms for PTSD include re-experiencing the original trauma(s) through flashbacks or nightmares, avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma, and increased arousal—such as difficulty falling or staying asleep, anger, and hypervigilance. Formal diagnostic criteria (both DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10) require that the symptoms last more than one month and cause significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.( I got this from Wikipedia.)

So, honestly PTSD does not look good. Maybe your fellow veterans can give you better advise.
                    PTSD and/or the 60% rating will not be automatic DQ's. but they will fully evaluate all of your records, all the circumstances, send you for psych evals, and it may take some time to get a determination.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Hey guys, anybody here familiar with Laredo, tx? Gonna work there and wanted to get some tips.

Comment

• ----------

Comment

• I just got my final green check! Background has passed!! Now I just have to wait for the call and for the pft2. Very excited

Comment

• Originally posted by cfalco View Post
                            I just got my final green check! Background has passed!! Now I just have to wait for the call and for the pft2. Very excited
                            Congrats Cfalco! Wish I was in the same boat. What's your Geo?
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

I just got my final green check! Background has passed!! Now I just have to wait for the call and for the pft2. Very excited
                              Congrats man...

Can I get a count of who's got academy on 4/9 thats in class 218?
                              CBPO
                              GEO Pref: SWB
                              App Date: 8/2/11
                              Written Exam: 9/1/11
                              NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                              TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                              E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                              SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                              PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                              Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                              BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                              VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                              DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                              Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                              Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                              PFT2: 3/16/12
                              EOD: 4/9/12
                              FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

Congratulations!!!! Hope you get the call soon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18214 users online. 459 members and 17755 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X