Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just decided that I need to short sell my rental property in Virginia. My BI completed end of last December. I've been snagged up on a medical question, that has recently been cleared. Personaly, I am anticipating to be picked up by CBP and/or BP prior to the short sale becoming complete (just signing on with a real estate agent tonight).

I know that short sale will only lower my credit score from (approx) 800 down to (approx) 750. But is this fact something to be concerned with in being hired on. I fully understand it will affect my 5 year update BI, but in getting brought onto a position? Any concerns? Thoughts/Ideas?
    CBPO
    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Poly/BI question

Hello All,

First time posting here so please let me know if I've screwed anything up.

Had my CBPO Poly on 02/28/12. Haven't received any word on the status (pass/fail). I did receive a call from an ex-employer 03/24/12 stating that he had been interviewed so I am assuming by BI has started. Is this a sign that I have passed the poly? Are applicants notified if they have passed the poly?

Thanks in advance to any responses
      CPB OFFICER
      GEO – SW Border
      Exam - 08/13/2011
      TSL – 09/11/2011
      Medical – 09/28/2011
      PFT 1 – 11/07/2011
      VBT-SI – 12/12/2011
      Additional Medical Information, Personal Doctor Visits 12/2011-01/2012
      BI Forms Submitted - 01/09/2012
      Poly – 02/28/2012 (worst day ever)
      Met with BI – 03/24/2012
      BI Cleared in CASS – 06/12/2012
      Drug Test – 06/20/2012
      EOD – 07/30/2012, FLETC 08/31/12 - 01/15/13
      PFT 2 –

Comment

• Just wondering how much vacation time/sick leave/annual leave CPB officers have/earn each year?

Comment

• Sick leave is accrued at 4 hours every two weeks.
          Annual leave...that depends on time in service.

Roughly...
          Under 3 years...4 hours per pay period.
          3 years to 15 years...6 hours per P.P.
          Over 15 years...8 hours per P.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
            I know that short sale will only lower my credit score from (approx) 800 down to (approx) 750. But is this fact something to be concerned with in being hired on. I fully understand it will affect my 5 year update BI, but in getting brought onto a position? Any concerns? Thoughts/Ideas?
            CBP isn't evaluating you for a loan. Your credit score is irrelevant.
            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmlmt5 View Post
              Hello All,

First time posting here so please let me know if I've screwed anything up.

Had my CBPO Poly on 02/28/12. Haven't received any word on the status (pass/fail). I did receive a call from an ex-employer 03/24/12 stating that he had been interviewed so I am assuming by BI has started. Is this a sign that I have passed the poly? Are applicants notified if they have passed the poly?

Thanks in advance to any responses
              A friend said the agent who did his poly made it seem like he would only be contacted for a fail or retest
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I wonder when i'll get the drug test.

i have nothing to hide, just want to get it done already.

Any folks posting here that are in FLETC?
                tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                NOR-11/11
                TSL- 11/17/11
                pft1- 12/8/11
                Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                Qual- completed 3/12
                Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                S I-completed 3/12
                Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                  I wonder when i'll get the drug test.

i have nothing to hide, just want to get it done already.
                  Are you seriously asking that? That's the one thing you will NEVER be scheduled for in advance.
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Question for the people who are EOD soon.

the New Employee Orientation kit it says something about mailing your forms in or Faxing them..

Do you mail em or just bring them in with you the day you EOD?
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TO - 01/29/09
                    TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                    Expired 6/10/11
                    Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                      CBP isn't evaluating you for a loan. Your credit score is irrelevant.
                      AAahhhh, dang! Thanks...I thought something was remissed with getting my APR so high? LOL...thanks for that insight.

However, in obtaining a clearance, wether its an MBI (public trust), Classified, or Secret, the investigating agency takes a large look into your credit (take a look at your equifax report sometime surrounding your background checks). Reason being, is that if you have crappy credit, might mean that you have poor decission making skills. But the even larger concern is that if an applicant has a ton of debt and could be bought/paid off by some evil nehr-do-well, the applicant is too much a liability to bring on staff. The age old question, though, is, where does that line lay? How "Bad" is "Too Bad?" Mine is pretty great, but popping up with this in the middle of the hiring process is a little untimely.

But regardless, thank you for your toughts. I'll make sure to stop dropping those pesky loan applications at the local POE (I, of course, speak in friendly jest...I have learned to value your experience and wisdom in previous posts...thanks for your help)
                      CBPO
                      Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                        AAahhhh, dang! Thanks...I thought something was remissed with getting my APR so high? LOL...thanks for that insight.

However, in obtaining a clearance, wether its an MBI (public trust), Classified, or Secret, the investigating agency takes a large look into your credit (take a look at your equifax report sometime surrounding your background checks). Reason being, is that if you have crappy credit, might mean that you have poor decission making skills. But the even larger concern is that if an applicant has a ton of debt and could be bought/paid off by some evil nehr-do-well, the applicant is too much a liability to bring on staff. The age old question, though, is, where does that line lay? How "Bad" is "Too Bad?" Mine is pretty great, but popping up with this in the middle of the hiring process is a little untimely.

But regardless, thank you for your toughts. I'll make sure to stop dropping those pesky loan applications at the local POE (I, of course, speak in friendly jest...I have learned to value your experience and wisdom in previous posts...thanks for your help)
                        I likely have an incredibly low credit score because I don't use and have never used credit. Therefore, I don't have bad credit. It isn't the score that matters to CBP; it is the history.
                        Gek.

Comment

• That's great to know. I'll hold onto that. And...might I add...quite the wise choice with the lack of "credit." I plan to be there some day...I've done well and made decent choices, but for now, I'm still the product our misappropriated culture.
                          CBPO

Comment

• can anyone answer this question in one/two pages guys:Why do I want to become a member of the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service

Comment

• Medical and Fitness are Green on Cass (Yay)

Comment

• Originally posted by pmbi View Post
                                can anyone answer this question in one/two pages guys:Why do I want to become a member of the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
                                Yes I can answer that question in one or two pages...how about you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13949 users online. 261 members and 13688 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X