300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walkingtall84 View Post
    where is the information regarding FLETC for customs....what is the run time? any one have any links?

any info would be appreciated

Comment

• Do you have a TO? If so, it will tell you your time that the 1.5 needs to be completed. If you do not have one yet, then it is probably going to be 15 minutes if you get it in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by walkingtall84 View Post
        where is the information regarding FLETC for customs....what is the run time? any one have any links?

Any questions you have regarding FLETC can be asked, but first check back on some of the recent pages ...your questions may have already been asked and answered. The run time as of now is 1.5 miles in 16:30. The link/website ive learned the most from is this one.
        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Thanks for the post guys....newbie here. Hoping for a TO soon.

Comment

• new question? How does your prior military time count when starting a job with CBP? Is that when the different steps come into play; or does it only count toward retirement?

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
              Getting around kind of sucks. No argument here -- bring a bicycle period. Buses will fill up in the morning too. If you're at the computer lab and need to get home at the end of the school day, you will have to take a bus from there to the chow hall and then catch one from there to the dorm. I can't stand the 20 minute travel home since they don't turn on the A/C in some of the buses. My roomie rides his bike and is home within minute. forget to bring a personal one for after class hours.
              Are you saying that we can ride our bikes to training every morning? If we drive down there are we able to drive our cars to training?

Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
              I bought one of those small umbrellas too that I keep in my tote bag.
              Do they issue you a "tote bag?" If not does the bag have to be a certain color like the military?
              Last edited by ammo19; 08-17-2008, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                Are you saying that we can ride our bikes to training every morning? If we drive down there are we able to drive our cars to training?

Do they issue you a "tote bag?" If not does the bag have to be a certain color like the military?
                You can ride your bike anywhere, anytime. They give you DHS/CBP book bag with your class number on it.

Comment

• Here you go, happened to find this video on FLETC

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=18192440
                  Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Since TS Fay is getting closer by the hour, it made me think of what happens if a hurricane or even a tropical storm hits while we are there? Has anyone been in the situation while at FLETC? Just another thing to think about since peak hurricane season is from now til late October.
                    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
                        Your instructor might also ostracize you for bringing those dirty dogs into his mat room too.
                        Wow, CBP FLETC allows shoes in the matt room? Big change from BP, was just socked feet there.

Comment

• Savannah is a blast, watch out though don't drive drunk, a buddy of mine got a DUI while in FLETC Also watch out for the young military guys looking for a fight on River Street down there in Savannah, you don't want that either.

Brunswick is pretty dull though, I have to admit. After you check out St.Simon Island, and Jekyll Island eat at Waffle house and Ruby Tuesday, there isn't much to do outside of that place. But the steakhouse inside the Holiday Inn isn't too shabby

Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
                          They have evac plans already in place. I have never heard what has happened in the past though but the instructors seemed to be confident on the subject (as they do live in the area too).

A little off subject, but there are many retail outlets here (Walmart, Target, etc.) People that are driving don't necessarily have to stock up on bottled water and other small living supplies. They sell everything here. I just brought off-duty clothing and shoes. If you plan on mingling with the locals, buy official "Polo" brand pastel polo shirts with a new Lexus or grow a mullet and ride up in an 80's Camaro.

On the subject of shoes, I would recommend following the instructions to have a pair of outdoor shoes and indoor shoes. At first, folks at my port said that it isn't necessary and not to worry about it. Then I realized that the reason they want you to have two pair of tennis shoes is that you will want a nice clean and DRY pair of shoes for indoor activities and a pair of shoes for outdoor PT. Who wants to wear a soaked and mudded up pair of tennis shoes for indoor DT or AT? Your instructor might also ostracize you for bringing those dirty dogs into his mat room too. I went to Wallymart and bought a pair of $27 shoes for indoor play.

Don't forget to save receipts. I plan on claiming everything I spend here toward my itemized tax deductions. I'm not sure what can or can't be claimed ($400 mountain bike?) but I will ask my accountant soon. Plan on spending small change on tiny uniform accessories.

No matter what people say, it does get boring here. In the last few days, I have hit up pretty much everything there is popular to see around here. I'm not much of a party'er but I heard you must go to J-hole or Savannah for real entertainment if you're the type in search of 'clubbin'. Theres always the g-bar though.

Comment

• I took my VBT on friday 8/15, I am pretty sure I passed it was not that hard but the not knowing is killing me.
                            Tested marh 26
                            To july 20
                            Physical Aug 5
                            Vbt aug 15
                            Tested March 08
                            TO June 08
                            Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                            VBT complete 08 passed
                            Qualification GS-5 September 08
                            BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                            NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Those of you at FLETC--do you know the name of that CD of the French MMA fighter used in PC to beat up the bags? Or even better do you know the name of the CD? For the life of me I can't recall the name of the guy.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                                Those of you at FLETC--do you know the name of that CD of the French MMA fighter used in PC to beat up the bags? Or even better do you know the name of the CD? For the life of me I can't recall the name of the guy.
                                Are you talking about George Rush St. Pierre of the UFC?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7021 users online. 400 members and 6621 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X