Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly does "referred to scheduling EDO" mean? Does that mean I'll be getting a call in the next 1-3 months or can it still take longer then that?

Comment

• Originally posted by detlascowwings View Post
      What exactly does "referred to scheduling EDO" mean? Does that mean I'll be getting a call in the next 1-3 months or can it still take longer then that?
      Its not EDO, its EOD. EOD = Entry on Duty, or the date you need to be at your POE

POE = Port Of Entry (which is the first port you will work at once you get the call from TSU)
      MHC = Minneapolis Hiring Center, does all the prelim stuff, once everything goes green in CASS, your file is referred to TSU
      TSU = Training & Scheduling Unit (the people that call you to EOD)
      GEO = geographical preference you chose to work at during the written CBP test
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Guys,
        I submitted my eqip a little over a month ago and I have not received a call from the investigator. Should I call MHC to see whats going on or should I give a few more weeks?
        CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
        NOR: 08/30/11
        TSL1: 12/12/11
        MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
        VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
        TSL2: 02/17/12
        BI: in security office 03/06/12
        QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
        DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
        BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
        NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
          Guys,
          I submitted my eqip a little over a month ago and I have not received a call from the investigator. Should I call MHC to see whats going on or should I give a few more weeks?
          Patience is the name of the game!... Just because you submitted your eqip doesn't mean that you'll be contacted in a timely manner, whenever they get to they get to you... simple as that. Know this, MHC has nothing to do with IA, and calling them up will lead you nowhere. Once your file is assigned you'll be contacted, now sit tight and play the waiting game.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by javy03 View Post
            Question, any of you know if having a Secret Clearance granted by OPM with a NACLC investigation on 2007 will my BI go quick? I have been in the National Guard since 2003 and as a Federal Technician for the Guard (GS-06) since 2006 deployed twice 2007-2008 (GTMO) 2009-2010 (Africa) and currently on Active duty since 2011, i dont have realtives outside the country and i lived in the same place for the past 20 years. my Secret investigation started in Nov 2006 and was completed in March 2007... If any one has any input please advice. Thanks
            The only BI that transfers over is the one from BPA... other than that you'll go through a full BI.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by javy03 View Post
              Question, any of you know if having a Secret Clearance granted by OPM with a NACLC investigation on 2007 will my BI go quick? I have been in the National Guard since 2003 and as a Federal Technician for the Guard (GS-06) since 2006 deployed twice 2007-2008 (GTMO) 2009-2010 (Africa) and currently on Active duty since 2011, i dont have realtives outside the country and i lived in the same place for the past 20 years. my Secret investigation started in Nov 2006 and was completed in March 2007... If any one has any input please advice. Thanks
              I was told prior clearances have no impact on the the CBPO BI. I don't know if I believe that as you were entrusted with classified information prior to your application. A secret only requires a NACLC like you said. The CBPO/DHS clearance requires an SSBI, which is the same required as a TS clearance. It's not like anything will transfer over. As Yoda said only BP background investigation material will transfer over.

Comment

• One of my friends and I started the procces at the same time (this being the second time for me). Everything was going good, we pretty much had the same timelines for everything but he recently go his EOD but my background has not even clear yet. Are these things ramdon or should I expect it to happen soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Patience is the name of the game!... Just because you submitted your eqip doesn't mean that you'll be contacted in a timely manner, whenever they get to they get to you... simple as that. Know this, MHC has nothing to do with IA, and calling them up will lead you nowhere. Once your file is assigned you'll be contacted, now sit tight and play the waiting game.

Thanks and I will be a little more patient!!
                  CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                  NOR: 08/30/11
                  TSL1: 12/12/11
                  MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                  VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                  TSL2: 02/17/12
                  BI: in security office 03/06/12
                  QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                  DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
                  BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                  NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                    One of my friends and I started the procces at the same time (this being the second time for me). Everything was going good, we pretty much had the same timelines for everything but he recently go his EOD but my background has not even clear yet. Are these things ramdon or should I expect it to happen soon?
                    Like it was said before on the forum, everyone is different. Depending on what you've done, where you've visited, etc. etc. There is no set deadline for a background investigation. Hopefully it will clear soon for you though.

Comment

• Imbb i was six months into the process told my friend to switch to swb he did, nothing for him transferred he started from scratch and he got the call last month. I'm still waiting for my BI to clear. BI's are diffrent for everybody unfortunately your frirnd getting the call is not an indicator of you getting it soon. Sorry man.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Just hurry up and wait.....

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                          One of my friends and I started the procces at the same time (this being the second time for me). Everything was going good, we pretty much had the same timelines for everything but he recently go his EOD but my background has not even clear yet. Are these things ramdon or should I expect it to happen soon?
                          I'm in your same exact boat. Started around the same time as someone and am watching her start in April at San Ysidro. It's tough, but I'm really happy for her!

Our time will come. I sometimes wonder if GS level has a play on it, that's one thing we are different on, as well as our BIs of course.
                          Test - 08/01/11
                          NOR- 08/30/11 (92)
                          TSL1- 9/21/11
                          TSL2 - 9/21/11
                          Qualifications - GS-7
                          PFT1 - 9/23/11
                          VBT & S.I. - 10/17/11
                          Drug Test - 11/3/11 (approximately)
                          B.I. - Cleared 4/17/12
                          PFT2 - 5/4/12
                          EOD - 5/29/12 - San Ysidro, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                            Its not EDO, its EOD. EOD = Entry on Duty, or the date you need to be at your POE

POE = Port Of Entry (which is the first port you will work at once you get the call from TSU)
                            MHC = Minneapolis Hiring Center, does all the prelim stuff, once everything goes green in CASS, your file is referred to TSU
                            TSU = Training & Scheduling Unit (the people that call you to EOD)
                            GEO = geographical preference you chose to work at during the written CBP test

A bit of clarification...

Port of Entry is the physical location where goods and people are generally authorized to cross the US border. Currently there are roughly 330 of them.

Entry on Duty is the moment one is officially hired.

Although "entry' is used in both acronyms , the meaning of the word 'entry' differs between the two.

Edited to add...

DEU = Delgated Examining Unit, They're the folks within MHC who actually do all the prelim stuff you'll see leading up to tentative selection.
                            Last edited by merlin436; 03-23-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Hello, everyone this is my first post on this board, there is definitely some great information on this forum. Thanks to everyone in advance for all the information.

I was wondering if anyone knew how close I may be for my second fitness test and eventually EOD. As of current I meet with my background investigator this week, and she informed that she will be contacting all my contacts, jobs, etc. I have everything checked off on CASS except for the background. Are things going to start moving faster now that my background check seems to be moving forward now?

JD.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMD5717 View Post
                                Hello, everyone this is my first post on this board, there is definitely some great information on this forum. Thanks to everyone in advance for all the information.

I was wondering if anyone knew how close I may be for my second fitness test and eventually EOD. As of current I meet with my background investigator this week, and she informed that she will be contacting all my contacts, jobs, etc. I have everything checked off on CASS except for the background. Are things going to start moving faster now that my background check seems to be moving forward now?

JD.
                                One month to four years. My interview with my background investigator was over eight months ago and I still show pending. Your mileage may vary.
                                Gek.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17123 users online. 539 members and 16584 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X