Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started my Eqip. Is it frowned upon if that "estimated" box is checked so many times? Also do you guys have any advice on completing the Eqip? Does the poly include questions straight from the Eqip?
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
      I just received my background investigation packet yesterday. In it, is specifically states that roughly 2/5 applicants will be polygraphed! Hoping I'm a lucky one that slides through! Nothing to hide, but nervous as you know what!
      Unless you received a different background investigation packet, it actually says: "According to current statistics, only 2 out of every 5 applicants pass the polygraph. If you are found unsuitable, you cannot be employed in the position."

So if you do have to take a poly your chances of passing and becoming a CBPO are slim.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
        I saw that man... I was kind of surprised that they didn't stop her.
        chock it up to a "dire need for female CBP Officers". I mean if she was doing everything else well, she could work on the push ups some more and be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
          thanks man. Passed! Did awesome but my breathing was off on the 1.5 mile run. Would have sprinted last 100 yards but forgot I was on my last lap

no one has gotten to take the pft2 without all green checks if I can recall. Keep in mind you only get the pft2 when you have an EOD start date which is to ensure you are in shape

haha congrats too man. That instructor was hillarious

don't do it Brenda you will set yourself back. Also from the female cbp officer at our Pft2 she said cbp is pushed up for hiring and swb is going to be hiring a lot more.

They weren't that picky but you know that female individual scathed by on the pushups. Surprised they let her pass.

Congrats you guys! My PFT2 is coming up this Friday the 23rd....I'm stoked and nervous at the same time....
          BPA
          BPA test date: 8/21/10
          TSU: 2/6/12
          EOD: ???

CBPO
          Got the call!
          PFT2: 3/23
          EOD: 4/9
          FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• I live with my parents. Are they considered "Cohabitants"?

Comment

• Yes. Anyone you live with.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Yes. Anyone you live with.
                Thanks. This EQIP stuff is too long

Comment

• hey everone if you could go to any port where would you go ?!

Comment

• is it possible to apply to a different geo while under probation ?
                    Last edited by dubgirl2low; 03-18-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Iffy.

It's worked for some people in the past. Then again, many have crashed and burned spectacularly early on in the process when trying to reapply as a way of switching ports, myself included.

You could give it a try. I'd wait until I was off probation though.

what did you mean by crash and burn ? get fired

Comment

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
                        hey everone if you could go to any port where would you go ?!
                        atlanta

but does anyone know of any people getting calls from East Texas??

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Truthfully, you'll almost assuredly have options to move with 10 years. Whether you'll find those options palatable at the time might be an issue though.

My generic advice is if you want the job...follow the job. If you want the location...stick to the location and hope the job catches up to you.

I will say this...a person who invests 5 years into this job will end up having graduated from FLETC CBPOBT and whatever additional training programs he might pick up over those 5 years. He will have locked himself in to a GS-12 career ladder and he'll have made 300K-400K+ in salary during that time. That's worth something.

Whether or not he could do better somewhere else over those 5 years is a question that he'll have to answer for himself.
                          I agree with you 100%. I'm at FLETC right now... it's amazing to me how many people (me included) are going to the SWB a long way from home, and just feel thankful/lucky to have the job. My opinion, if you really want the job, and you're able to relocate, it's worth it.

Comment

• Any current CBPO's on here ever apply to a new vacancy announcement in order to get a better location?

If so, do you get a TO for your selected region? Did you have to do any of the steps over again (ie medical exam, background, PFT1)?

Comment

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
                              what did you mean by crash and burn ? get fired
                              By 'crash and burn' I meant total abject failure with the new application and the attempt to move elsewhere, not fired.

Although, being on probation affords far less protection when sticking your neck out than not being subject to probation....as you probably know.

Comment

• Started fletc recently and met a couple people in my class that have been told they can easily transfer from their SWB port to back home or somewhere desireable within a couple years. I'm at a large desireable port but had to wait 3.5 years, and people think they can transfers to us because someone said so.

On a different note, BoP are a bunch of party animals for the few weeks they are here, and embrace being at the bottom of the totem pole.

We have less than 10 non-SWB in our class of 47. So many people have moved from big cities to border POEs, some really small ones too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12964 users online. 447 members and 12517 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X