300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
    Yea, check my signature below, just waiting for BI and Drug test. JFK Airport is 15 minutes away from my current location, plus I don't know jack about the swb. So i don't know if I will continue with the process for swb or I just wish I get an new TO for East Coast with a score of 82 or else I'm screwed haha. Well makes no sense for me to move to the west, where I might be there for years and all alone when my family and friends lives minutes away from me in NYC.
    i don't know what to tell you, I highly doubt you will get a TO with a score of 82...but anything is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
      Still waiting…………. my background and my drug test are the last 2 things left but I’m so tempted to reapply to West Coast so that I may have a chance to stay in L.A. Even thought MHC told me that most of the hiring will be in SWB. I don’t want to screw myself over by switching but I it’s hard to get used to the idea that I might end up in the middle of nowhere for 10 years
      Truthfully, you'll almost assuredly have options to move with 10 years. Whether you'll find those options palatable at the time might be an issue though.

My generic advice is if you want the job...follow the job. If you want the location...stick to the location and hope the job catches up to you.

I will say this...a person who invests 5 years into this job will end up having graduated from FLETC CBPOBT and whatever additional training programs he might pick up over those 5 years. He will have locked himself in to a GS-12 career ladder and he'll have made 300K-400K+ in salary during that time. That's worth something.

Whether or not he could do better somewhere else over those 5 years is a question that he'll have to answer for himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by cfalco View Post
        Thanks for the info! It really helps to hear from someone that already has experience being part of the agency. I will definitely be open to more than just one port, but I always want to be in a coastal state either on the west or east coast, which I assume are popular choices?

More or less they are popular choices.

If you define 'coastal states' as in places like Buffalo, NY, Otay Mesa, CA and Brownsville TX you'll expand your options. Likewise if you are willing to promote.

You've cut a fairly wide swath with your options there. You probably have a good chance of getting somewhere you'll accept within a reasonable period of time...hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
          What were the duties? Do you remember?
          Sorry if that was not clear, but I was just stating that I never received anything like that as someone previously stated. You either meet requirements, or you don't. ; )

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
            i don't know what to tell you, I highly doubt you will get a TO with a score of 82.
            I would have to agree with this statement, personally, I'd stick with the SWB.

Comment

• Originally posted by sealteam View Post
              I take mine tuesday in charleston. were they as picky as every is saying? I'm really not worried because I crush all of the events, but just curious
              I didn't think they were picky.... I felt that they were more picky during the pft1. They did video record every test.

Comment

• On the new vacancy announcements they have that option to click "yes" if you have had a valid BI within 5 yrs and if you authorize them to access/use it for your application. Anyone actually ever had this work advantageously for you hiring process, i.e., have it expedite your BI for hiring?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  On the new vacancy announcements they have that option to click "yes" if you have had a valid BI within 5 yrs and if you authorize them to access/use it for your application. Anyone actually ever had this work advantageously for you hiring process, i.e., have it expedite your BI for hiring?
                  I had a BI done in 2009, the only advantage I had was some of my E-QIP was in there. I assume if you had a SSBI done in the last 5 years it may be different. E-QIP is a lot more anal than I remember and I didn't think that was possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    On the new vacancy announcements they have that option to click "yes" if you have had a valid BI within 5 yrs and if you authorize them to access/use it for your application. Anyone actually ever had this work advantageously for you hiring process, i.e., have it expedite your BI for hiring?
                    CBP investigated me in 2008. My current investigation was started eight months ago. I haven't heard anything since then. I wouldn't say that expedites anything.
                    Gek.

Comment

• i just re-applied...and i have to use my score of 86 from my august 2011 test... hopefully everything goes well this time around

Comment

• For everyone who has turned in E-qip forms, how long it has taken to contact each of you? I'm sure it's different for everyone, I'm just curious and impatient...
                        Last edited by lang2; 03-17-2012, 03:37 PM.
                        GEO: Midwest
                        Written Exam: 12/10/10
                        NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                        TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                        VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                        PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                        Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                        BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                        Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                        Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                        Polygraph: 5/11/12
                        Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                        Met with BI: 7/27/12
                        Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                        PFT2: 9/4/12
                        EOD: 9/24/12
                        FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
                          For everyone who has turned in E-qip forms, how long it has taken to contact each of you? I'm sure it's different for everyone, I'm just curious and impatient...
                          Forget being impatient. Go to Europe, hang out, drink various inebriating beverages, visit historical sites, concentration camps, and American cemeteries, remember, and be merry. Your time will come when it will come.
                          Last edited by Drifting; 03-19-2012, 03:27 PM.
                          Gek.

Comment

• Have you heard anything new Drifting? I myself received a NOPA about a month ago for Failure To Appear in court for a Speeding Ticket in 2001/2005. All has been taken care of many years ago, now I wait to see if I'm suitable for employment. I am also a current FLEO.

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
                            Test 12/16/2010
                            NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
                            TSL1-5/25/2011
                            TSL2-5/26/2011
                            Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                            Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                            Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                            Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                            VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                            Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                            Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared
                            TSU-?

BPA (South Texas)
                            Written- 10/5/2011
                            NOR 10/19/2011 90%
                            TSL1- 10/25/2011
                            Medical- Cleared
                            DT- Cleared
                            BI- In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                            Pft1- 12/2011 Cleared
                            OB- 12/2011 Cleared
                            TSU-?

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                              Buis.. GOOD LUCK TODAY !!!!!!!!
                              thanks man. Passed! Did awesome but my breathing was off on the 1.5 mile run. Would have sprinted last 100 yards but forgot I was on my last lap
                              Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                              has the pft2 been given to anyone who hasn't had all green checks on CASS ?

the only things left for me are qualifications, drug and background.
                              no one has gotten to take the pft2 without all green checks if I can recall. Keep in mind you only get the pft2 when you have an EOD start date which is to ensure you are in shape
                              Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                              PFT2 completed this morning... See you guys in Calexico on April 9th. Then at FLETC on May 11th... feels so good to be done with it.
                              haha congrats too man. That instructor was hillarious
                              Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
                              Still waiting…………. my background and my drug test are the last 2 things left but I’m so tempted to reapply to West Coast so that I may have a chance to stay in L.A. Even thought MHC told me that most of the hiring will be in SWB. I don’t want to screw myself over by switching but I it’s hard to get used to the idea that I might end up in the middle of nowhere for 10 years
                              don't do it Brenda you will set yourself back. Also from the female cbp officer at our Pft2 she said cbp is pushed up for hiring and swb is going to be hiring a lot more.
                              Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                              I didn't think they were picky.... I felt that they were more picky during the pft1. They did video record every test.
                              They weren't that picky but you know that female individual scathed by on the pushups. Surprised they let her pass.
                              CBPO
                              GEO Pref: SWB
                              App Date: 8/2/11
                              Written Exam: 9/1/11
                              NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                              TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                              E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                              SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                              PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                              Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                              BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                              VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                              DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                              Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                              Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                              PFT2: 3/16/12
                              EOD: 4/9/12
                              FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• I saw that man... I was kind of surprised that they didn't stop her.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6187 users online. 317 members and 5870 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X