300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
    It wasn't bad... you do a lot of standing aound between tests. It started at 8:30am and we were done by 11:00am. Everyone that took it today passed. There were three Border patrol new hires and the rest were CBPO.
    how many cbpo? was the location in SD ?
    tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
    NOR-11/11
    TSL- 11/17/11
    pft1- 12/8/11
    Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
    Qual- completed 3/12
    Medical Ex- completed 4/12
    S I-completed 3/12
    Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
    Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
    Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
    Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
    new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      I think we're talking of different things here.

D-girl and I were talking about a current CBPO who applies to the current announcement as a means to move to a different port. I think you're speaking of a general applicant who applies to the new announcement in order to change their geographical preference. Big difference.

Anyhow, an applicant who reapplies for a new GEO ought to have his old choice(s) tossed aside and find himself only in contention for the new choice(s) he picked out on the latest announcement.

If you were interested in my particulars...
      Hell, no. I had my application pulled from contention pretty much at the moment I pushed 'send' on the computer. Funny thing happened afterwards...I got on the phone with somebody I knew at MHC and ultimately I got to speak to a supervisor there who was man enough to admit to me that CBP had directed the hiring center to use every legitimate and legal process to cull out current CBPOs from rehiring and relocating. Apparently far to many current Officers were using new announcements to relocate and CBP had reached it's collective 'fed-up' point.

This was years back...I have no idea what the situation stands at today.

Count yourself fortunate if you have the opportunity to move after two years. For most people it's not going to happen that soon, if at all. Plan on being at your original location for at least 10 years. That way, if it happens to take you 7 years to get elsewhere you'll feel relieved that you managed to make the move so quickly.
      Well that's a bit disheartening.. I'm thinking many of us are going into SWB hoping to relocate in 2-5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by cfalco View Post
        Well that's a bit disheartening.. I'm thinking many of us are going into SWB hoping to relocate in 2-5 years.
        I would say 2 years in is overly optimistic for most people...today. Then again, 4 years ago I was a journeyman GS-11, non-12D covered and had basically no access to anything that could be considered a reasonable relocation program. Today we're all journeyman GS-12s, with 12D coverage and there is a relocation program in effect...although only time will tell if it turns out reasonable. Truthfully, who knows what things will be like in 2014. This agency is still growing/developing.

5 years in...maybe. That would depend a lot in how a person defines 'relocate'. Trying to get into one and only one particular port...questionable. Opening yourself into relocating to one of multiple ports spread across multiple states...much more probable.

Comment

• Still waiting…………. my background and my drug test are the last 2 things left but I’m so tempted to reapply to West Coast so that I may have a chance to stay in L.A. Even thought MHC told me that most of the hiring will be in SWB. I don’t want to screw myself over by switching but I it’s hard to get used to the idea that I might end up in the middle of nowhere for 10 years
          Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
          Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
          TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
          PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
          Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
          VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
          B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
          Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
          Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
          PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            I would say 2 years in is overly optimistic for most people...today. Then again, 4 years ago I was a journeyman GS-11, non-12D covered and had basically no access to anything that could be considered a reasonable relocation program. Today we're all journeyman GS-12s, with 12D coverage and there is a relocation program in effect...although only time will tell if it turns out reasonable. Truthfully, who knows what things will be like in 2014. This agency is still growing/developing.

5 years in...maybe. That would depend a lot in how a person defines 'relocate'. Trying to get into one and only one particular port...questionable. Opening yourself into relocating to one of multiple ports spread across multiple states...much more probable.
            Thanks for the info! It really helps to hear from someone that already has experience being part of the agency. I will definitely be open to more than just one port, but I always want to be in a coastal state either on the west or east coast, which I assume are popular choices?

Comment

• Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
              Still waiting…………. my background and my drug test are the last 2 things left but I’m so tempted to reapply to West Coast so that I may have a chance to stay in L.A. Even thought MHC told me that most of the hiring will be in SWB. I don’t want to screw myself over by switching but I it’s hard to get used to the idea that I might end up in the middle of nowhere for 10 years
              Don't do it! You will start all over again and risk being stuck for who-knows how long waiting for an opening in the west coast. My dad is an officer in the bay area and said only two officers were recently hired---they waited 2 years to get in. I wonder how many more are lined up waiting behind them?

The way I see it is that you will get your foot in the door. If you're miserable at your location and it takes way too long to relocate, you can always apply to a different gov agency. Or if you're really that miserable, then maybe cbpo just isn't really cut out for you. We can speculate and go through the 'what-ifs' infinitely, but we'll never really know until we're there.

Comment

• Thanks, kinda figured that but wanted to ask anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                  I just reapplied for CBP Officer for JFK location in the East Coast. They said I can't retest, but I can used my old score from August 2011, which is for the South West. What are my chances for a Tentative Selection with a score of 82 for JFK, slim to none right lol?
                  Did you get a TO with a score of 82 for the SWB?

Comment

• So when I went into complete my 2nd part of the TB test I asked the nice lady if she could provide me with my vision results. For the uncorrected vision part my results were as follows; Left eye 20/200, right eye 20/100, both eyes 20/100. With contacts on, 20/20. What do you guys think?
                    GEO: Illinois
                    Test: 12/2010
                    NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
                    PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
                    FT1: 2/20/2012
                    Equip: 3/29/2012
                    VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
                    BI:11/22/2012
                    Medical: 3/14/2012
                    Poly: 10/18/2012
                    Drug Test: Not Scheduled
                    PFT2:

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
                      Unfortunately my vision without contacts is pretty poor and I wear contacts at all times (except while sleeping). I really don't have the money to afford the LASIK procedure, especially for a job that may or may not occur. I guess I just find it silly that even though I have 20/20 with contacts, I will get excluded from the hiring process.
                      Ortho-K was explained a few posts ago- it is where you wear hard contacts over night, and your eyes reshape to allow clear vision throughout the day. It is half the cost of Lasik and much safer (if you ask ANY honest and reputable optometrist). At my eye doctor, it runs about $1600, which lasts about 2 years (1 year per set of hard contacts...you get 2 sets). I am actually about to start Ortho-K, despite passing the vision exam. Check it out, but keep in mind not every optometrist is certified in Ortho-K, so you might have to do some asking around. Good luck to you!
                      Last edited by lang2; 03-16-2012, 09:08 PM.
                      GEO: Midwest
                      Written Exam: 12/10/10
                      NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                      TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                      VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                      PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                      Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                      BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                      Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                      Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                      Polygraph: 5/11/12
                      Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                      Met with BI: 7/27/12
                      Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                      PFT2: 9/4/12
                      EOD: 9/24/12
                      FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by jjok View Post
                        I will be taking the CBPO test in a couple of weeks and I am also currently in the TSU for BPA. I was wondering if I have to take the Polygraph for CBPO even though I am already done with my BI with BPA? I did not have to take a Polygraph for my BI...
                        I just received my background investigation packet yesterday. In it, is specifically states that roughly 2/5 applicants will be polygraphed! Hoping I'm a lucky one that slides through! Nothing to hide, but nervous as you know what!

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpio_1 View Post
                          You said your vision was horrible, do you know what it is? Because if its close to 20/100 there MIGHT be some wiggle room. But my vision was 20/200 (-3.25) and there was NO WAY I could get my eye doc to sign off on X amount of duties (and was never in any paperwork I received) And this was less than two weeks ago I had this conversation with MHC. I had 20/20 with my contacts in, but I still was nowhere close to meeting the guidelines with uncorrected vision. If you know you were not anywhere close, I wouldn't wait for the papaperwork to make a decision on what to do and start considering your options.
                          What were the duties? Do you remember?

Comment

• So I took the PFT1.

36 Push-ups
                            34 Sit-ups
                            13 Line touches (10 in the first try)
                            33 Seconds to do the 8 pick ups of the 55 Lb. basket

Completed the step test.

Hope that's enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                              Did you get a TO with a score of 82 for the SWB?
                              Yea, check my signature below, just waiting for BI and Drug test. JFK Airport is 15 minutes away from my current location, plus I don't know jack about the swb. So i don't know if I will continue with the process for swb or I just wish I get an new TO for East Coast with a score of 82 or else I'm screwed haha. Well makes no sense for me to move to the west, where I might be there for years and all alone when my family and friends lives minutes away from me in NYC.
                              Exam: 03/2012
                              NOR: 04/2012 81
                              Qualified for: GS 7
                              TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                              Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                              VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                              Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                              BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                              Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                              EOD:
                              PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                                So I took the PFT1.

36 Push-ups
                                34 Sit-ups
                                13 Line touches (10 in the first try)
                                33 Seconds to do the 8 pick ups of the 55 Lb. basket

Completed the step test.

Hope that's enough
                                the basket was 55lbs? I don't think my testing site got that memo... anyway yeah you passed with flying colors.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4732 users online. 321 members and 4411 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X