Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This background process is such a mess with CBPO. It still seems random who gets a poly and who doesn't. From what I've read, they don't become mandatory until 2013. Some people who met with their B.I. around when I did got a poly, some didn't. Frustrating process.

It's about to be 4 months since my background was turned in.. I'm getting antsy and anxious.

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
      same thing here MOLE. Those are the only things I have left. I have not had the pft2 scheduled. I dont think they do until you have all greens
      thanks. i'm not alone. what geo location did you pick? when did you take the written?
      tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
      NOR-11/11
      TSL- 11/17/11
      pft1- 12/8/11
      Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
      Qual- completed 3/12
      Medical Ex- completed 4/12
      S I-completed 3/12
      Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
      Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
      Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
      Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
      new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• I just reapplied for CBP Officer for JFK location in the East Coast. They said I can't retest, but I can used my old score from August 2011, which is for the South West. What are my chances for a Tentative Selection with a score of 82 for JFK, slim to none right lol?
        Exam: 03/2012
        NOR: 04/2012 81
        Qualified for: GS 7
        TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
        Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
        VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
        Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
        BI: Security Office 01/02/13
        Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
        EOD:
        PFT 2:

Comment

• Is been more than six months since i met with my BI and my background still no green....The only thing I am wating on.....This is my second time around. First time was in 2008, I passed the test and played the waiting game for a while but then I was a victim of budget cuts and when the time came around I had to retest again....

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
            I just reapplied for CBP Officer for JFK location in the East Coast. They said I can't retest, but I can used my old score from August 2011, which is for the South West. What are my chances for a Tentative Selection with a score of 82 for JFK, slim to none right lol?
            What made you decide to switch? Were you already going through the process for swb? I assume that by switching over, you would not be considered for an opening in the swb?

Comment

• Imbb, You are not alone. I took the test in 2008 and I am waiting for my 2nd B.I. to clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                Nobody's got any idea?? not looking for hard data just wondering how long I can expect to wait. The reason I am asking is, my boss is asking me now when I might be leaving?? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
                There is no set time line for anything in the process. Results vary from person to person, even for the same port. Some people get The Call (to EOD) sooner than others.
                CBP written test Miami, FL
                11/10/2007
                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                9/4/2009
                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                never got first)
                qualifications completed
                BI interview 9/30/2009
                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                poly: Mar 2011
                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
                  Imbb, You are not alone. I took the test in 2008 and I am waiting for my 2nd B.I. to clear.
                  Same here, I emailed MHC recently and they said they won't know the status until IA releases it back to them, and until then, they don't have access to it. This is the same thing my 2nd investigator told me in December. Because of privacy laws, each department your paperwork goes through has a limited amount of time to access your file, see its contents, etc, and once they are done with it, they are locked out of it, kind of like when you fill out eQip, you're locked out of it, until the next time you are given access to it (ie. to resubmit your info for the second BI).

If you're still getting emails from them then you should be alright. They sent me the March fitness tips email a few days ago as well as a second email which contained a pdf attachment of the "First CBP applicant newsletter" (which is also available in CASS, at the bottom of the screen).
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Well!!! All we can do is keep waiting!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                      Hi Merlin436, so did u make the switch the second time u applied, or did they send u to the first choice. Are you stationed now? Sounds risky, but if u gotta.... I'm hoping to get in and transfer after a couple years.
                      I think we're talking of different things here.

D-girl and I were talking about a current CBPO who applies to the current announcement as a means to move to a different port. I think you're speaking of a general applicant who applies to the new announcement in order to change their geographical preference. Big difference.

Anyhow, an applicant who reapplies for a new GEO ought to have his old choice(s) tossed aside and find himself only in contention for the new choice(s) he picked out on the latest announcement.

If you were interested in my particulars...
                      Hell, no. I had my application pulled from contention pretty much at the moment I pushed 'send' on the computer. Funny thing happened afterwards...I got on the phone with somebody I knew at MHC and ultimately I got to speak to a supervisor there who was man enough to admit to me that CBP had directed the hiring center to use every legitimate and legal process to cull out current CBPOs from rehiring and relocating. Apparently far to many current Officers were using new announcements to relocate and CBP had reached it's collective 'fed-up' point.

This was years back...I have no idea what the situation stands at today.

Count yourself fortunate if you have the opportunity to move after two years. For most people it's not going to happen that soon, if at all. Plan on being at your original location for at least 10 years. That way, if it happens to take you 7 years to get elsewhere you'll feel relieved that you managed to make the move so quickly.

Comment

• Pft2

PFT2 completed this morning... See you guys in Calexico on April 9th. Then at FLETC on May 11th... feels so good to be done with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                          PFT2 completed this morning... See you guys in Calexico on April 9th. Then at FLETC on May 11th... feels so good to be done with it.
                          How was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by sealteam View Post
                            How was it?
                            It wasn't bad... you do a lot of standing aound between tests. It started at 8:30am and we were done by 11:00am. Everyone that took it today passed. There were three Border patrol new hires and the rest were CBPO.

Comment

• I take mine tuesday in charleston. were they as picky as every is saying? I'm really not worried because I crush all of the events, but just curious

Comment

• do credit report it is a big issue in the background investigation ? ... can you be decline in you process to become a CBP Officer if you just only have old credit issues in the investigation ? any thoughts or someone is been in this situation before ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12100 users online. 452 members and 11648 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X