Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be taking the CBPO test in a couple of weeks and I am also currently in the TSU for BPA. I was wondering if I have to take the Polygraph for CBPO even though I am already done with my BI with BPA? I did not have to take a Polygraph for my BI...

Comment

• Originally posted by jjok View Post
      I will be taking the CBPO test in a couple of weeks and I am also currently in the TSU for BPA. I was wondering if I have to take the Polygraph for CBPO even though I am already done with my BI with BPA? I did not have to take a Polygraph for my BI...
      I'm going to guess you will most likely have to take a poly for CBPO, didn't it say so in the announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
        It's been two weeks since my polygraph. No word yet. :/

Where you at, YoungBoss900? Did you get your results?
        I haven't heard anything back yet either. That's really strange, because I heard two week is the turnaround for poly results? I wonder if there doing "Quality Control"? Let me know whenever you get yours and I'll let you know when I get mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
          Wow thank you so much for taking the time to respond Javier, it really provides me a sigh of relief knowing that there still is some hope.

Thank you again.
          You said your vision was horrible, do you know what it is? Because if its close to 20/100 there MIGHT be some wiggle room. But my vision was 20/200 (-3.25) and there was NO WAY I could get my eye doc to sign off on X amount of duties (and was never in any paperwork I received) And this was less than two weeks ago I had this conversation with MHC. I had 20/20 with my contacts in, but I still was nowhere close to meeting the guidelines with uncorrected vision. If you know you were not anywhere close, I wouldn't wait for the papaperwork to make a decision on what to do and start considering your options.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Iffy.

It's worked for some people in the past. Then again, many have crashed and burned spectacularly early on in the process when trying to reapply as a way of switching ports, myself included.

You could give it a try. I'd wait until I was off probation though.
            Hi Merlin436, so did u make the switch the second time u applied, or did they send u to the first choice. Are you stationed now? Sounds risky, but if u gotta.... I'm hoping to get in and transfer after a couple years.
            CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
            NOR passed 1/25/11
            Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
            Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
            PFT1 12/15/11
            VBT/SI 1/26/12
            VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
            LASIK surgery 1/31/12
            Met BI investigator 3/13/12
            Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
            Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
              I agree with you John... I mean heck its an investment. If you get it, you don't have to pay for any more contacts and it opens up the door for cbp as well. Just my $0.02 but you don't have to take it into consideration.
              Yeah i agree with Buis02 and aguapistola. I had lasik in january, and I was thinking "darn what if i dont get in" but you cant think about what if. If you want it bad, then I would do it. I didnt have the 5k but fortunately my doctor has a 2 year monthly no interest plan so i can sort of afford it. He's the 49ers eye doctor. I see like a hawk now.lol
              CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
              NOR passed 1/25/11
              Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
              Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
              PFT1 12/15/11
              VBT/SI 1/26/12
              VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
              LASIK surgery 1/31/12
              Met BI investigator 3/13/12
              Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
              Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Youngboss900 View Post
                I haven't heard anything back yet either. That's really strange, because I heard two week is the turnaround for poly results? I wonder if there doing "Quality Control"? Let me know whenever you get yours and I'll let you know when I get mine.
                There's probably no set time with this part of the process either. Once your examiner is done with it, the results are either sent off to be reviewed by a panel or there's a report that the investigator writes about his opinion on your answers which is then reviewed by a panel (if memory serves), its one or the other. Anyway, there's some lag time between the poly being administered and one of the criteria in CASS getting a green check next to it (I believe its the "your case is in the security office" one). In my case there was no phone call, nor email stating I passed the poly, just the green check mark. After the second day of my poly ("to clear some things up"), the detective told me overall how I did, so if either of you got some feedback from your investigator, that might be the final outcome of it. Also, what does your gut say?
                Last edited by sandwichman; 03-16-2012, 08:43 AM.
                CBP written test Miami, FL
                11/10/2007
                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                9/4/2009
                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                never got first)
                qualifications completed
                BI interview 9/30/2009
                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                poly: Mar 2011
                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Buis.. GOOD LUCK TODAY !!!!!!!!
                  CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                  NOR: 08/30/11
                  TSL1: 12/12/11
                  MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                  VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                  TSL2: 02/17/12
                  BI: in security office 03/06/12
                  QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                  DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
                  BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                  NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Does anyone know what was the test on the application intended for?

Comment

• Originally posted by albertogc View Post
                      Does anyone know what was the test on the application intended for?
                      Preparing you for the actual test....

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                        Preparing you for the actual test....
                        Thank you, but I haven't experienced that before in any other application process.

Comment

• has the pft2 been given to anyone who hasn't had all green checks on CASS ?

the only things left for me are qualifications, drug and background.
                          tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                          NOR-11/11
                          TSL- 11/17/11
                          pft1- 12/8/11
                          Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                          Qual- completed 3/12
                          Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                          S I-completed 3/12
                          Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                          Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                          Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                          Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                          new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                            has the pft2 been given to anyone who hasn't had all green checks on CASS ?

the only things left for me are qualifications, drug and background.
                            same thing here MOLE. Those are the only things I have left. I have not had the pft2 scheduled. I dont think they do until you have all greens
                            CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                            NOR: 08/30/11
                            TSL1: 12/12/11
                            MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                            VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                            TSL2: 02/17/12
                            BI: in security office 03/06/12
                            QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                            DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
                            BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                            NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                              I believe I am in TSU?? My CASS doesn’t say that but I received a letter in the mail basically saying I was and I called MHC and they said I had nothing left to do and that I was in the hiring unit.

How did all of you find out you were in the hiring unit??
                              Just curious based on my timeline below in my sig what your wait time was for the call (SWB).
                              Nobody's got any idea?? not looking for hard data just wondering how long I can expect to wait. The reason I am asking is, my boss is asking me now when I might be leaving?? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Comment

• Lasik is expensive and trust me you get what you pay for, but it is the best investment i have made in my life, I highly recommend you get it not just for this job but for your life in general!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3357 users online. 202 members and 3155 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X