Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
    Is it possible to fail the vision test?
    if you can't pass the color blindness test or if you are unable to read the letters, i believe you may not be considered.
    tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
    NOR-11/11
    TSL- 11/17/11
    pft1- 12/8/11
    Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
    Qual- completed 3/12
    Medical Ex- completed 4/12
    S I-completed 3/12
    Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
    Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
    Fitness- completed 12/12

    EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
    Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
    new fletc date- 11-18-13

    SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
      Is it possible to fail the vision test?
      Not only do you have to pass the color test, but your vision should be no worse then 20/100. If it is you will have to walk away from the job, or get corrective surgery. I myself had ilasik done on 3/9/12. After procedure is performed there is a mandatory 90 day post op... then you re-test. If you have a normal eye doc you see, they should be able too tell you where you stand. Hope this helps

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
        i wish i could have florida, but with my 74 from last year i feel its no chance with florida lol.
        D, it never hurts to try. I say put in for that region and take it from there. My score wasn't that great but you saw how fast my process was.
        Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
        Is it possible to fail the vision test?
        Anythings possible. But like scorpio 1 said correct eye surgery would be the next option to move forward but sets you back a little bit.
        CBPO
        GEO Pref: SWB
        App Date: 8/2/11
        Written Exam: 9/1/11
        NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
        TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
        E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
        SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
        PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
        Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
        BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
        VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
        DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
        Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
        Call Rec.: 3/2/12
        PFT2: 3/16/12
        EOD: 4/9/12
        FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

        Comment


        • Reason I ask is because I was taking my medical and the lady mentioned that I failed the uncorrected vision part. So my only options are LASIK or I'm out? that blows
          GEO: Illinois
          Test: 12/2010
          NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
          PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
          FT1: 2/20/2012
          Equip: 3/29/2012
          VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
          BI:11/22/2012
          Medical: 3/14/2012
          Poly: 10/18/2012
          Drug Test: Not Scheduled
          PFT2:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
            Reason I ask is because I was taking my medical and the lady mentioned that I failed the uncorrected vision part. So my only options are LASIK or I'm out? that blows
            By all means ask thats the only way you're going to get an answer and its okay because this was brought up before in this long thread but not everyone has time to read the whole thing. Lasik is not the only thing you do. There are hard contacts that shape the form of your eyes that you wear overnight. The only problem is that is a temporary fix so that means every night you would have to wear them. The other issue is cost. They are pretty pricey. I would contact a optometrist and get their input on whats best and gauge it against your vision to see if its worth it to that route or Lasik but as you put it if you don't correct it somehow you don't move forward in the process. A few individuals on this thread have had that issue and ended up doing the Lasik. Best of luck and hope everything works out for you.
            CBPO
            GEO Pref: SWB
            App Date: 8/2/11
            Written Exam: 9/1/11
            NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
            TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
            E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
            SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
            PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
            Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
            BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
            VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
            DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
            Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
            Call Rec.: 3/2/12
            PFT2: 3/16/12
            EOD: 4/9/12
            FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
              Reason I ask is because I was taking my medical and the lady mentioned that I failed the uncorrected vision part. So my only options are LASIK or I'm out? that blows
              Nine,

              Contact the hiring center. The person that scheduled your medical appointment. Get them on the phone and explain what happened? Are your eyes normally fine, do you have contacts/glasses? Is your vision usually 20/20?

              If this is true ask if you can see your own optometrist and have them check your vision and if that would be sufficient enough.
              CBPO
              Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
              TO: 2/2011
              Medical: 3/22/2011
              PT Test: 3/22/2011
              VBT: 3/2011
              Background: 3/2011
              Drug Test: 4/2011
              Referred to TSU: 5/2011
              PT Test 2: TBD
              FLETC: Good Question lol
              CBP Officer:

              USMS- Region 8
              Info Session 9/2009
              Interview 3/2010
              COE 5/2010
              Medical 5/2010
              Fit/Background 7/2010
              All clear as of 11/2010
              FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                Nine,

                Contact the hiring center. The person that scheduled your medical appointment. Get them on the phone and explain what happened? Are your eyes normally fine, do you have contacts/glasses? Is your vision usually 20/20?

                If this is true ask if you can see your own optometrist and have them check your vision and if that would be sufficient enough.
                Unfortunately my vision without contacts is pretty poor and I wear contacts at all times (except while sleeping). I really don't have the money to afford the LASIK procedure, especially for a job that may or may not occur. I guess I just find it silly that even though I have 20/20 with contacts, I will get excluded from the hiring process.
                GEO: Illinois
                Test: 12/2010
                NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
                PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
                FT1: 2/20/2012
                Equip: 3/29/2012
                VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
                BI:11/22/2012
                Medical: 3/14/2012
                Poly: 10/18/2012
                Drug Test: Not Scheduled
                PFT2:

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
                  Unfortunately my vision without contacts is pretty poor and I wear contacts at all times (except while sleeping). I really don't have the money to afford the LASIK procedure, especially for a job that may or may not occur. I guess I just find it silly that even though I have 20/20 with contacts, I will get excluded from the hiring process.
                  You're not just getting LASIK for the job...it's an investment for your LIFE! I would think about it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                    You're not just getting LASIK for the job...it's an investment for your LIFE! I would think about it.
                    I agree with you John... I mean heck its an investment. If you get it, you don't have to pay for any more contacts and it opens up the door for cbp as well. Just my $0.02 but you don't have to take it into consideration.
                    CBPO
                    GEO Pref: SWB
                    App Date: 8/2/11
                    Written Exam: 9/1/11
                    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                    PFT2: 3/16/12
                    EOD: 4/9/12
                    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                      You're not just getting LASIK for the job...it's an investment for your LIFE! I would think about it.
                      Yeah, just be very careful where you get it done. One of my father's friends got LASIK, and now his vision is worse than it was before he got it (he's now legally blind as a result of the surgery).
                      CBP written test Miami, FL
                      11/10/2007
                      NOR letter 01/16/2008
                      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                      9/4/2009
                      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                      never got first)
                      qualifications completed
                      BI interview 9/30/2009
                      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                      poly: Mar 2011
                      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
                        Reason I ask is because I was taking my medical and the lady mentioned that I failed the uncorrected vision part. So my only options are LASIK or I'm out? that blows
                        My uncorrected vision is HORRIBLE, but don't give up yet. If you failed that, MHC will send you some forms. You need to take those to an ophthalmologist/optometrist and they will give you an eye exam and then they get to sign off if they believe that you will be able to perform X amount of duties that the papers say. Then they can reconsider. It's what happened to me and I've been cleared.

                        Good luck and either wait to hear from MHC or send them an e-mail/Call them to check.

                        Also: All ready for my PFT1 tomorrow. A little bit nervous but if I passed the BPA PFT1 I should be able to pass this one and the last time I took the BPA one, I wasn't even training. I have been training since before I got the call for this one.

                        Comment


                        • Don't get your LASIK done by Dr. Nick RivieraDOC B.gif

                          Lasik is a HUGE investment, not just for CBP but for every aspect of your life!
                          Research and find the best doctors in your area.

                          I had mine done a year ago and have 20/15, thats BETTER then 20/20!

                          http://www.ny2020.com/
                          Last edited by Berto9862; 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM.
                          CBPO:
                          Exam: 12/10
                          NOR: 2/11 PASS GS-5/7 (77)
                          TO: 5/25/11 Laredo, TX
                          TSP 1/2 SENT: 6/6/11
                          PFT: 6/28/11
                          VBT: 7/22/11
                          FAIL PFT 1 NOTICE: 7/22/11
                          REAPPLED: 7/22/11 SWB Region
                          PASS VBT NOTICE: Mid 8/12
                          NOR: 8/29/11 PASS GS-5/7 (77)
                          Waiting on new TO

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                            Also: All ready for my PFT1 tomorrow. A little bit nervous but if I passed the BPA PFT1 I should be able to pass this one and the last time I took the BPA one, I wasn't even training. I have been training since before I got the call for this one.
                            It's a breeze, adrenaline takes over and I nearly maxed it out.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                              My uncorrected vision is HORRIBLE, but don't give up yet. If you failed that, MHC will send you some forms. You need to take those to an ophthalmologist/optometrist and they will give you an eye exam and then they get to sign off if they believe that you will be able to perform X amount of duties that the papers say. Then they can reconsider. It's what happened to me and I've been cleared.

                              Good luck and either wait to hear from MHC or send them an e-mail/Call them to check.

                              Also: All ready for my PFT1 tomorrow. A little bit nervous but if I passed the BPA PFT1 I should be able to pass this one and the last time I took the BPA one, I wasn't even training. I have been training since before I got the call for this one.
                              Wow thank you so much for taking the time to respond Javier, it really provides me a sigh of relief knowing that there still is some hope.

                              Thank you again.
                              GEO: Illinois
                              Test: 12/2010
                              NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
                              PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
                              FT1: 2/20/2012
                              Equip: 3/29/2012
                              VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
                              BI:11/22/2012
                              Medical: 3/14/2012
                              Poly: 10/18/2012
                              Drug Test: Not Scheduled
                              PFT2:

                              Comment


                              • How long till you got the call for the SWB after you went into TSU???

                                I believe I am in TSU?? My CASS doesn’t say that but I received a letter in the mail basically saying I was and I called MHC and they said I had nothing left to do and that I was in the hiring unit.

                                How did all of you find out you were in the hiring unit??
                                Just curious based on my timeline below in my sig what your wait time was for the call (SWB).

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7912 users online. 418 members and 7494 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X