300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nonsense View Post
    yah just found that, looks like a nice one too.. I worked out at a beater CF gym for awhile, this one looks pretty good.. I'm actually surprised something that nice exists in the area.. FYI, theres a Walmart in El Centro
    There is a Walmart in Calexico as well....
    Check out The Plaza at Imperial Valley whenever you have a chance, they have some good shops
    BPA
    BPA test date: 8/21/10
    TSU: 2/6/12
    EOD: ???

CBPO
    Got the call!
    PFT2: 3/23
    EOD: 4/9
    FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
      Nope nothing questionable at all. My fiance was wondering because she wanted to send me some snacks and mail during my stay there that was all.

Somebody will explain 'FLETC mail' to you when you get there.

Mail won't be much of an issue. Packages might be, especially if they're big, unwieldy and/or heavy. Keep in mind that you'll pretty much be in training all day, all week. That'll leave you with limited opportunities to pick up and transport much delivered to the facility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
        Congrats to all who got the call!! Buis, SoCal, and raymart!! Yayyy for you guys!! **high fives**
        Congrats guys Buis, I'm happy to hear that you got placed in San Ysidro; I hope I'll follow you there. Still waiting on my background to clear!

Gringa, how did your poly go?

Comment

• Looking for some info on the PFT1. I am scheduled for it this next Friday, what has me wondering is that it doesn't have a set number of reps for each exercise, so what will be a good score on each of the exercises? For example, 25 Push-ups in a minute? 35 Sit-ups? etc etc

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by cfalco View Post
            Congrats guys Buis, I'm happy to hear that you got placed in San Ysidro; I hope I'll follow you there. Still waiting on my background to clear!
            Thanks...Yeah everything panned out great. My fiance is going to live in San Ellijo so I can commute, just debating on what car to take since the mine drinks a lot of gas.
            Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Somebody will explain 'FLETC mail' to you when you get there.

Mail won't be much of an issue. Packages might be, especially if they're big, unwieldy and/or heavy. Keep in mind that you'll pretty much be in training all day, all week. That'll leave you with limited opportunities to pick up and transport much delivered to the facility.
            Thanks Merlin, yeah I was told big packages are like bullseyes lol.
            Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
            Looking for some info on the PFT1. I am scheduled for it this next Friday, what has me wondering is that it doesn't have a set number of reps for each exercise, so what will be a good score on each of the exercises? For example, 25 Push-ups in a minute? 35 Sit-ups? etc etc

Thanks
            There is no set number of reps, you're suppose to just do as many as you can within the 1 minute timeframe. Wish I knew the scoring but I ended up doing 49 push-ups and 46 situps if that helps.
            Last edited by buis02; 03-13-2012, 01:31 AM.
            CBPO
            GEO Pref: SWB
            App Date: 8/2/11
            Written Exam: 9/1/11
            NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
            TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
            E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
            SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
            PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
            Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
            BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
            VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
            DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
            Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
            Call Rec.: 3/2/12
            PFT2: 3/16/12
            EOD: 4/9/12
            FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

Thanks Merlin, yeah I was told big packages are like bullseyes lol.

There is no set number of reps, you're suppose to just do as many as you can within the 1 minute timeframe. Wish I knew the scoring but I ended up doing 49 push-ups and 46 situps if that helps.
              Holy Molly, 49 Push ups in 1 minute? I'll be lucky to make it to 30, with 25 a better probability.

I can probably hit the 40 mark on sit ups.

Basically I just want to go with a set goal in mind for each of the exercises

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                Holy Molly, 49 Push ups in 1 minute? I'll be lucky to make it to 30, with 25 a better probability.

Wasn't trying to show off or anything. I was just trying to really do as much as I could lol. But it caught up to me later especially with the 3 minute breaks in between. You know how it is. The adrenaline kicks in and you crack them out like theres no tomorrow.

I just try to set expectations high because I'm sure in academy I'm going to be the one at the bottom so gotta step my game up some.
                CBPO
                GEO Pref: SWB
                App Date: 8/2/11
                Written Exam: 9/1/11
                NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                PFT2: 3/16/12
                EOD: 4/9/12
                FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• there used to be a fact sheet that would tell you how many you have to do in order to get a score greater than 0 in each section but it is not up anymore. Correct me yall if I am wrogn but I believe it is 12 push ups to get a score higher than 0, 20 sit ups, 10 line touches and for the lift lower i do not remember. the sep test must have a pass. However, the more you do the better your score is. hope this helps.

Comment

• What type of shoes can we wear on duty? Is it standard issue or do they just need to be black?

Thanks guys

Comment

Didn't know if they treated like it was prison, hence I was asking lol.
                      Well according to who you ask it may feel like a prison sometimes.
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ldomi View Post
                        there used to be a fact sheet that would tell you how many you have to do in order to get a score greater than 0 in each section but it is not up anymore. Correct me yall if I am wrogn but I believe it is 12 push ups to get a score higher than 0, 20 sit ups, 10 line touches and for the lift lower i do not remember. the sep test must have a pass. However, the more you do the better your score is. hope this helps.
                        Hmmm...That seems a little low. I could do that without working out at all. Hopefully someone confirm that for us.

Thank you for the info though. that's another part that I'm wondering how it's done, it says it's based on a scoring system, is it 0s and 1s? or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
                          What type of shoes can we wear on duty? Is it standard issue or do they just need to be black?

Thanks guys
                          I bought a pair of Danner uniform boots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post

lol 49 push ups isn't even that much. if you think youre gonna have a hard time banging out 30 push ups then start practicing now. breathing is important. a lot of people hold their breath for some reason.
                            EOD: 2/2012
                            FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
                              I bought a pair of Danner uniform boots.
                              Correct me if I'm wrong- I believe they must be 8 inches tall
                              GEO: Midwest
                              Written Exam: 12/10/10
                              NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                              TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                              VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                              PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                              Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                              BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                              Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                              Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                              Polygraph: 5/11/12
                              Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                              Met with BI: 7/27/12
                              Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                              PFT2: 9/4/12
                              EOD: 9/24/12
                              FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
                                What type of shoes can we wear on duty? Is it standard issue or do they just need to be black?

Thanks guys
                                The general rule is anything is acceptable that is 'confusingly similar' to the boots provided by the uniform vendor. Now, if I was a new hire and on probation, I'd just stick to the boots provided and/or ordered by the official uniform supplier. One, you can't get in trouble wearing issued gear and two...they're free.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12656 users online. 467 members and 12189 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X