300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
    tons of people get hurt on the 220yd. You get ample time to warm up and stretch before hand, and our proctors had use in formation doing light pushups/stretches/etc beforehand.

you have enough time in the 220yd to get shin splints?
    Yeah lol... thats what happens when you haven't run in ages. Takes me a long time to warm up and push through it. Been on the treadmill past 3 days doing sprints and jogging.
    Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
    Got the call for the pft1 next week. I hope this thing goes smoothly and quickly. I can't take another year of my current job
    Hahahaha I feel the same except my company is about to do layoffs and I'm taking more half a cut in pay but it will pay off all in the end. It's well worth the sacrifice.
    Originally posted by Alpha/Tango View Post
    Got the call!
    Roma Tx
    EOD: 4/23/12
    FLETC: 5/25/12 - 10/1/12

I would of wished something closer to home, I live 2 hours away from Roma. Everything will fall into place eventually.
    Congrats...
    CBPO
    GEO Pref: SWB
    App Date: 8/2/11
    Written Exam: 9/1/11
    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
    PFT2: 3/16/12
    EOD: 4/9/12
    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
      The VBT places you in situations that you may run into the job. Is going to be a few scenarios but after the first two you will feel more comfortable with it. DONOT FEEL RELAXED. YOu are not supposed to...I know someone that failed because "he was too emotionally detached". But I believe that if you have half a brain you will be fine.
      i think thats why i failed

Comment

• All this talk of the VBT/SI/poly likely does little good and probably more harm than anything else.
        If you ask me, there are three main groups who fail things processes such as the VBT, the SI and the poly.

One, there are those the process was designed to cull out...and that's a good thing they fail. Trust me, you don't want those people getting the job as they most assuredly will cause a problem for the agency/themselves at some point.
        Two, there are the people who feel the need to 'study' for the processes and therefore they run to the internet, grab advice,(half-assed or not) and attempt to influence the outcome of either process by modifying their responses to the testing based on whatever they 'learned studying' on-line or elsewhere. These people are probably the largest group.
        Three, there are the extremely religious/moral people. They fail because they're most or less programed to second-guess and question the ethics of even the most basic of choices.

Those who end up in group two really have no one to blame but themselves. The SI, VBT and to a lesser extent the poly are designed to gauge cold, spontaneous, unrehearsed reactions to the questions asked. Screw with all that and it throws off the test...usually to the misfortune of the person being tested. That's one of the main reasons why they required confidentiality agreements and NDA's. Sometimes people need to be protected from themselves.

Comment

• Well said Merlin...
          "To accomplish great things , we must no only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."

Comment

• Anyone from El Paso County? Also, how do I add the bottom section as the "signature"?

CBPO
            Geo - SWB
            Exam - 9/1/11
            NOR - 10/21/11 (Qualifications pending GS5/GS7)
            TSL - 10/27/11
            PFT1 - 12/6/11 (Showed passed on CASS on 12/29/11)
            VBT/SI - 1/18/12 (Showed passed on CASS on 1/24/12)
            BI - (In the security office)
            Met w/BI - 2/28/2012
            Drug Screen - (PENDING)
            PFT2 - ?

EOD - ?
            FLETC - ?
            Last edited by MZ269; 03-10-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MZ269;3009212]Anyone from El Paso County? Also, how do I add the bottom section as the "signature"?

Right here!
              SWB
              TEST: 07/2011
              NOR: 8/30/2011
              TSL: 10/12/2011
              PRE-Employment Forms
              Qualifications GS7
              Medical Exam
              Structured Interview
              Drug Screening
              Background Investigation 12/20/2011 met BI 03/12/2012
              Fitness

Comment

• Does anyone know if we are allowed to receive care packages from friends and family? Do you know if they go through your stuff?
                CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                  Lol,it's funny because the same thing I could say about my current job
                  I mean I like my job, I get to surf the net and I'm in an office with A/C and a TV set, but I want my grown up job already!

Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                  Yeah lol... thats what happens when you haven't run in ages. Takes me a long time to warm up and push through it. Been on the treadmill past 3 days doing sprints and jogging.

Hahahaha I feel the same except my company is about to do layoffs and I'm taking more half a cut in pay but it will pay off all in the end. It's well worth the sacrifice.

Congrats...
                  I make just over minimum wage, so that will also be a plus.

Comment

• Quick question... I EOD in Calexico on 4/9... Does that POE have a gym that we can use during pre academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                      Does anyone know if we are allowed to receive care packages from friends and family? Do you know if they go through your stuff?
                      Yes, you can get care packages. Why would they go through your stuff, it's not prison?
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                        Quick question... I EOD in Calexico on 4/9... Does that POE have a gym that we can use during pre academy?
                        I hope so because I tried looking for a gym in the general area and came up short except for a run down mom and pop operation.
                        CBPO
                        Geo - West Coast
                        Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                        NOR - 4/2/12
                        TSL - 6/12/12
                        PFT1 - green
                        BI -
                        Quals -
                        VBT/SI - green
                        Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Originally posted by nonsense View Post
                          I hope so because I tried looking for a gym in the general area and came up short except for a run down mom and pop operation.
                          I know so did I. I can't believe that 24 hour fitness doesn't have a gym out there... They do have a crossfit gym though...

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                            I know so did I. I can't believe that 24 hour fitness doesn't have a gym out there... They do have a crossfit gym though...
                            yah just found that, looks like a nice one too.. I worked out at a beater CF gym for awhile, this one looks pretty good.. I'm actually surprised something that nice exists in the area.. FYI, theres a Walmart in El Centro
                            CBPO
                            Geo - West Coast
                            Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                            NOR - 4/2/12
                            TSL - 6/12/12
                            PFT1 - green
                            BI -
                            Quals -
                            VBT/SI - green
                            Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                              Does anyone know if we are allowed to receive care packages from friends and family? Do you know if they go through your stuff?
                              If someone was to 'go through your stuff' that was sent to FLETC, what could I expect them to find? Are you expecting to receive packages that are somehow objectionable while in training?

If you are, it's probably best not to have them brought on base...sent to you or otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                                Yes, you can get care packages. Why would they go through your stuff, it's not prison?
                                Didn't know if they treated like it was prison, hence I was asking lol.
                                Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                If someone was to 'go through your stuff' that was sent to FLETC, what could I expect them to find? Are you expecting to receive packages that are somehow objectionable while in training?

If you are, it's probably best not to have them brought on base...sent to you or otherwise.
                                Nope nothing questionable at all. My fiance was wondering because she wanted to send me some snacks and mail during my stay there that was all.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11897 users online. 399 members and 11498 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X