Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to everyone who got the call! I'm a long time lurker of the forum but never post. I also got the call, EOD April 9th in Calexico. Let me know if you are still looking for a roomie!

Comment

• thanks Merlin436 that sound kind of easy to do.

I guess I can also contact the hiring center and let them know I acepted the offer for BPA but that I want to go CBPO when they have and opening.
      How that sound?

Comment

• I have a couple questions for everyone, is anyone else waiting for their preemployment forms to go green? I have everything else with a green check. And does anyone know how the written exam is graded? Do they do a straight percentage or some other way?

Comment

• Originally posted by grange View Post
          Congrats to everyone who got the call! I'm a long time lurker of the forum but never post. I also got the call, EOD April 9th in Calexico. Let me know if you are still looking for a roomie!
          Grange, hit up Mastrray, he EOD's on the 9th as well. The both of us have PFT2 3/16. After speaking to him on the phone yesterday, I believe rite after PFT2 he's going to go look for a place to stay during pre-academy. Hope that helps.
          CBPO
          GEO Pref: SWB
          App Date: 8/2/11
          Written Exam: 9/1/11
          NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
          TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
          E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
          SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
          PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
          Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
          DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
          Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
          Call Rec.: 3/2/12
          PFT2: 3/16/12
          EOD: 4/9/12
          FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
            thanks Merlin436 that sound kind of easy to do.

I guess I can also contact the hiring center and let them know I acepted the offer for BPA but that I want to go CBPO when they have and opening.
            How that sound?

Don't bother notifying either hiring center. They have no need to know what your future plans may or mayn't be.

There is no guarantee that you'll see a job offer for either a BPA/CBPO position, much less an offer for both. If and when the fist offer comes along take it...if you're willing to work years at that particular job and location.

Let's not needlessly complicate things. Keep with the pre-employment processes for both jobs and see where that takes you. You might find that OFO ends up offering you a job first...despite your apparent head-start with your OBP application.

Comment

• If you are scheduled to EOD, Would they still call you to take a Poly Test?
              "Chefs dont hate, we cook"

Comment

• thanks

I tried to find the distance for the Side Step Test from the center line to the outside lines but I fail do anyone know how far are they apart?

also is the Step Test in a fast cadence? or for CBPO is slower?
                would it be at this cadence?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgaNw...eature=related

or more like this cadence (skip to the 12minutes mark)
                http://nemo.cbp.gov/obp/narrated.mp3

Comment

• I did vbt and interview the same day

Comment

thanks

I tried to find the distance for the Side Step Test from the center line to the outside lines but I fail do anyone know how far are they apart?

Don't worry about the steps man, I don't think people are failing because of the steps. But if I recall it's 120 bpm
                    CBPO
                    Geo - West Coast
                    Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                    NOR - 4/2/12
                    TSL - 6/12/12
                    PFT1 - green
                    BI -
                    Quals -
                    VBT/SI - green
                    Drug Screen - green

Comment

thanks

I wouldn't worry how far space apart they are. It was like literally 3 side steps to one side for me when you are on the center line. As for the step test, if you can I would try to practice it. That thing sneaks up on you. It was the last part of my PFT1 and my legs started hurting rite when I hit the 2 minute mark. Make sure there is no clock there in front of you to look at.
                      Originally posted by nonsense View Post
                      Don't worry about the steps man, I don't think people are failing because of the steps. But if I recall it's 120 bpm
                      I know someone that failed it. Just make sure you are on beat and breathe. For the most part you will be on your toes when stepping up and flat footed when coming down if that makes sense. Thats how it was for me.
                      CBPO
                      GEO Pref: SWB
                      App Date: 8/2/11
                      Written Exam: 9/1/11
                      NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                      TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                      E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                      SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                      PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                      Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                      BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                      VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                      DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                      Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                      Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                      PFT2: 3/16/12
                      EOD: 4/9/12
                      FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• I practiced it at the gym.. Setup one of those aerobic "the step" things and got a metronome app and set it for 120 bpm and have at it.
                        CBPO
                        Geo - West Coast
                        Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                        NOR - 4/2/12
                        TSL - 6/12/12
                        PFT1 - green
                        BI -
                        Quals -
                        VBT/SI - green
                        Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Do u have a duty location

Comment

• Originally posted by Unite View Post
                            I have a couple questions for everyone, is anyone else waiting for their preemployment forms to go green? I have everything else with a green check. And does anyone know how the written exam is graded? Do they do a straight percentage or some other way?
                            I BELIEVE most of us are waiting on our forms to go green. My Fitness was green after 6 days, my medical took three days short of 4 weeks, and my VBT/SI was done 4 weeks and 1 day ago (have not heard back from this yet) so I'm still waiting on that.

I do not know how the written exam is scored. I don't know if I ever read about that anywhere. Google it, maybe?
                            GEO: Midwest
                            Written Exam: 12/10/10
                            NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                            TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                            VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                            PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                            Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                            BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                            Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                            Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                            Polygraph: 5/11/12
                            Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                            Met with BI: 7/27/12
                            Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                            PFT2: 9/4/12
                            EOD: 9/24/12
                            FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                              It could also mean exactly what they said, that they'll get back to you. Just wait a few weeks, and if you don't hear from them, email them. I didn't get a yay or nay the day of either, but we also didn't have the SI then either.

As far as these thing are concerned.. I've done VBTs and SIs in the past for police departments down here and have friends that are cops. The logic behind these assesments for local police departments at least (which may or may not be the same reason why CBP administers these), is to gauge your thought process, your level of maturity, self-confidence, ability to follow instructions, ability to think on your feet, ability to act under pressure, etc. With the police departments, all of those factors were taken into consideration to determine whether or not you passed or failed either. (passed the first vbt I did with agency A, failed SI with agency B and agency C, passed SI with agency D)

In my particular cases, with agency B and C, I had no idea what I was supposed to answer or what answer they were looking for. With agency B someone in full SWAT gear accompanied me up in the elevator and gave me the stink eye the whole time we were in there, which completely caught me off guard and basically psyched me out. After the failed SI with agency B, I was told to write an essay, then met with a detective at that agency. He looked at the notes made during the SI and asked me if I had applied anywhere else or ever applied to be a cop, and I told him I hadn't. He then said, "I can tell. I don't want to bs you, but your scores are ****. You might want to go online and do some research or talk to someone who's a cop on how this process works." SI C wasn't as bad, no stink eye, but again, I had no idea how I was supposed to answer the questions or why the questions were being asked. I gave up on the cop idea. Cop buddy one was my ex's girlfriend's husband and his help was useless. Cop buddy two, who I met after I had given up on trying to become a cop told me not to give up and to apply with his agency (agency D). Cop buddy two, broke down the whole process for me, explained why it is the way it is, what the questions meant, why they are asked etc, and after that everything clicked and made sense. I kicked butt on the SI at his agency, and should have met with his chief for the one on one, but didn't because the agency decided to hire only people with prior LEO experience.

Moral of the story, no one is born a CBPO applicant or with a bicycle under their feet. If you fail or fall off the bike, try again. Eventually the stars will align, and you'll get what you want.
                              So what did cop buddy number 2 say? Give me some pointers I'm about to do the VBT/SI!
                              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• For any of you who are concerned about the VBT and SI, check out CASS, I think they just added this link called CBPO Applicant News. It goes into detail about a couple of scenarios and what they are looking for. That may be a lot of help to people here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10500 users online. 384 members and 10116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X