300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jbowen4 View Post
    here's a question for everyone... does anyone know anyone who HAS failed the VBT/SI? If so what did they do to fail it?
    not to be negative but if you didnt have a SI after your VBT then you probably failed...I know this because it happened to me...I was like a deer in headlights giving my responses and guess they didnt like them...the whole procedure of speaking to a TV definately caught me off guard

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
      not to be negative but if you didnt have a SI after your VBT then you probably failed...I know this because it happened to me...I was like a deer in headlights giving my responses and guess they didnt like them...the whole procedure of speaking to a TV definately caught me off guard
      You should read all the posts, not everyone gets a structured interview. My VBT letter states that for the purposes of my hiring process, the VBT IS the Structured Interview. I also called MHC today to confirm this. MHC also stated that they've changed the procedure for initiating the background investigation. It used to be that you get your TSL2 shortly after receiving your TSL1, that's no longer the case. Now apparently they wait until your fitness and medical clear, then they will send out your TSL2.

Stay informed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
        You should read all the posts, not everyone gets a structured interview. My VBT letter states that for the purposes of my hiring process, the VBT IS the Structured Interview. I also called MHC today to confirm this. MHC also stated that they've changed the procedure for initiating the background investigation. It used to be that you get your TSL2 shortly after receiving your TSL1, that's no longer the case. Now apparently they wait until your fitness and medical clear, then they will send out your TSL2.

Stay informed.
        im just saying your chances are very slim if you didnt receive a SI after your VBT because at most sites the SI is given right after the VBT...and my VBT letter also stated said that the VBT is the structured interview...them saying we will have your tape reviewed is just them letting you down easy and them not telling you failed on the spot

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
          I wonder if i will be a nationwide announcement.
          CBPO
          TO - 05/08 JFK
          EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

them saying we will have your tape reviewed is just them letting you down easy and them not telling you failed on the spot
            Not really......some sites don't have the ability to review the tapes on the spot, therefore they are sent to another location to be reviewed........just sayin.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
              Not really......some sites don't have the ability to review the tapes on the spot, therefore they are sent to another location to be reviewed........just sayin.....
              ok well we'll see what happens with JBOWEN4...and good luck with your upcoming VBT

Comment

ok well we'll see what happens with JBOWEN4...and good luck with your upcoming VBT
                I just don't like the thought of getting people worked up about "failing" their VBT, nobody will know for sure until it clears in CASS or until they get a letter officially stating they failed. Speculating about their outcome based on assumptions isn't really a constructive way of interpreting the situation......

Comment

• [QUOTE=buis02;3006457]Seriously rite? It's like posting on the forums is one thing but its even better when you can put a name to a face. Looking forward to meeting you Ray, well hopefully I pass that PFT2... gotta practice my 220 yard dash lol.

yeah, you should be alright. do you know how they measure the 220 yard dash? is it half a track or on a football field?

Comment

• I have been doing half a track..... either way, sprint practice is better than no practice.....lol
                    I will hook you all up with my email so we can stay in touch before FLETC....
                    BPA
                    BPA test date: 8/21/10
                    TSU: 2/6/12
                    EOD: ???

CBPO
                    Got the call!
                    PFT2: 3/23
                    EOD: 4/9
                    FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sealteam View Post
                      anybody from last week still waiting on their PFT2 date?
                      Got the call yesterday, got the email for pft2 today.
                      CBPO
                      Geo - West Coast
                      Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                      NOR - 4/2/12
                      TSL - 6/12/12
                      PFT1 - green
                      BI -
                      Quals -
                      VBT/SI - green
                      Drug Screen - green

Comment

im just saying your chances are very slim if you didnt receive a SI after your VBT because at most sites the SI is given right after the VBT...and my VBT letter also stated said that the VBT is the structured interview...them saying we will have your tape reviewed is just them letting you down easy and them not telling you failed on the spot
                        It could also mean exactly what they said, that they'll get back to you. Just wait a few weeks, and if you don't hear from them, email them. I didn't get a yay or nay the day of either, but we also didn't have the SI then either.

As far as these thing are concerned.. I've done VBTs and SIs in the past for police departments down here and have friends that are cops. The logic behind these assesments for local police departments at least (which may or may not be the same reason why CBP administers these), is to gauge your thought process, your level of maturity, self-confidence, ability to follow instructions, ability to think on your feet, ability to act under pressure, etc. With the police departments, all of those factors were taken into consideration to determine whether or not you passed or failed either. (passed the first vbt I did with agency A, failed SI with agency B and agency C, passed SI with agency D)

In my particular cases, with agency B and C, I had no idea what I was supposed to answer or what answer they were looking for. With agency B someone in full SWAT gear accompanied me up in the elevator and gave me the stink eye the whole time we were in there, which completely caught me off guard and basically psyched me out. After the failed SI with agency B, I was told to write an essay, then met with a detective at that agency. He looked at the notes made during the SI and asked me if I had applied anywhere else or ever applied to be a cop, and I told him I hadn't. He then said, "I can tell. I don't want to bs you, but your scores are ****. You might want to go online and do some research or talk to someone who's a cop on how this process works." SI C wasn't as bad, no stink eye, but again, I had no idea how I was supposed to answer the questions or why the questions were being asked. I gave up on the cop idea. Cop buddy one was my ex's girlfriend's husband and his help was useless. Cop buddy two, who I met after I had given up on trying to become a cop told me not to give up and to apply with his agency (agency D). Cop buddy two, broke down the whole process for me, explained why it is the way it is, what the questions meant, why they are asked etc, and after that everything clicked and made sense. I kicked butt on the SI at his agency, and should have met with his chief for the one on one, but didn't because the agency decided to hire only people with prior LEO experience.

Moral of the story, no one is born a CBPO applicant or with a bicycle under their feet. If you fail or fall off the bike, try again. Eventually the stars will align, and you'll get what you want.
                        CBP written test Miami, FL
                        11/10/2007
                        NOR letter 01/16/2008
                        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                        9/4/2009
                        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                        never got first)
                        qualifications completed
                        BI interview 9/30/2009
                        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                        poly: Mar 2011
                        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Quick question. I was told that the polygraph exam is picked randomly. So not everyone will take it? Can someone answer this? It seems true because some folks have taken it and some have not.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                            It could also mean exactly what they said, that they'll get back to you. Just wait a few weeks, and if you don't hear from them, email them. I didn't get a yay or nay the day of either, but we also didn't have the SI then either.

Moral of the story, no one is born a CBPO applicant or with a bicycle under their feet. If you fail or fall off the bike, try again. Eventually the stars will align, and you'll get what you want.
                            and thats exactly what im going to do...i def want this job...i took the vbt back in november of 2011 and coming out of it i wasnt confident at all and i pretty much knew i failed...and sure enough about 2 weeks later i received a letter in the mail that i had failed.

I had a friend who failed a vbt for a local police dept in texas...he is now one the of top officers for a local dept outside of atlanta (who didnt have a vbt in their hiring process) so i am def going to try again...it just sucks that i have to wait a year from failing the vbt to apply again...but i have other things in the work until then

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                              Hi I dont know if I should make my own thread or ask here but here it goes

How would it be if I get the call for BPA and then for CPBO.
                              let say im at the academy or at the station under the 2 year probationary period. and then they offer me a position for CBPO.
                              do you just quit and then start from the academy again for the CPBO.

as right now im unemployed just got out of the military, but I want to be with CBPO, I only need the BI to clear on my CASS for BPA.

One, push to be allowed finish the current academy, if the call comes while you are in the middle of the BPA academy. Having completed an additional academy will likely be a boon to you in the future.

Two, DO NOT QUIT...get together with the HR staff in OBP and the HR staff in OFO and have them transfer you over. Quitting involves a break in service, which can cause many potential problems. If you arrange an transfer, you'll be a PA one day and a CBPO the next...with no break in service.

Comment

When I did my VBT, they sent the video to another state for review. The guy who set it up said he didn't even get to watch it. I'm not sure how everyone else's went, but I'm pretty sure a whole panel has to review the tape. Some people I have seen in past posts have said their SI was scheduled for a different day. It also might depend on whether or not there is a supervisor on schedule the day you take your VBT. A supervisor has to conduct the SI (either along with other interviewers, or with a video camera filming you...so that it can be sent off and reviewed). With this said, I doubt anyone who thinks they failed because they were not granted a SI is incorrect. But then again, no one knows for sure what goes on in this process! Keep your chin up, everyone...
                                Last edited by lang2; 03-07-2012, 09:28 PM.
                                GEO: Midwest
                                Written Exam: 12/10/10
                                NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                                TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                                VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                                PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                                Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                                BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                                Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                                Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                                Polygraph: 5/11/12
                                Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                                Met with BI: 7/27/12
                                Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                                PFT2: 9/4/12
                                EOD: 9/24/12
                                FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6804 users online. 380 members and 6424 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X