300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nonsense View Post
    Thanks dude flect 5/25-10/1, only calexico and Andrade were left of the CA choices, and she said she had 20 others to call so I chose quickly.
    See you there Bro... I was told the same thing.... I will be there a couple of weeks before you man. Congrats, when do you do your PFT2?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
      See you there Bro... I was told the same thing.... I will be there a couple of weeks before you man. Congrats, when do you do your PFT2?
      I got the call this AM and she said I would be contacted for the pft2 but no one has called me yet for that. When I chose calexico I looked up your EOD date to see I it was the same but it's off by a little, at the time she called me there were only 4 available spots at Calexico and the person she spoke with prior to me had taken one and she said that's the popular choice now, so it seems there will be a few of us starting up soon
      CBPO
      Geo - West Coast
      Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
      NOR - 4/2/12
      TSL - 6/12/12
      PFT1 - green
      BI -
      Quals -
      VBT/SI - green
      Drug Screen - green

Comment

I got the call this AM and she said I would be contacted for the pft2 but no one has called me yet for that. When I chose calexico I looked up your EOD date to see I it was the same but it's off by a little, at the time she called me there were only 4 available spots at Calexico and the person she spoke with prior to me had taken one and she said that's the popular choice now, so it seems there will be a few of us starting up soon
        Yeah thats you should be getting an e-mail with your PFT2 date. I have my family in SD so I will be making trips out to SD on the weekends during pre-academy. It's only and a couple of hour drive... so its not too bad. They won't be moving out to Imperial until I get back from FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
          While it's on my mind tonight, because i keep forgetting at work to ask...

What kind of TV's are in the Taj at FLETC? I've been told we can bring a PS3/Xbox so I know the tv's have a connection of some kind on the back, but what, VGA/DVI/Component?

I'm thinking of bringing my Mac Mini computer. I'm wondering if I need to somehow get a monitor as well or can I use the TV. thanks
          Don't count on it. Some buildings have TVs you can work with others don't. There's 3 building that sompose the taj. I got the bad luck of getting an old tube tv. My xbox has been sitting in a corner since I've been here......
          Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
          How will it be at the academy for people who've never fired a firearm before? Are we expected to have experience with firearms already or will they teach us everything??? I really have no experience with firearms...
          Don't worry about it.

Comment

Got the call, EOD 4/23 @ Calexico
            congrats! see you there! i eod 4/2

Comment

• congrats to all those who just got the call!!! looks like a lot of us are going to be together at the May 11 FLETC.

Comment

• Hi I dont know if I should make my own thread or ask here but here it goes

How would it be if I get the call for BPA and then for CPBO.
                let say im at the academy or at the station under the 2 year probationary period. and then they offer me a position for CBPO.
                do you just quit and then start from the academy again for the CPBO.

as right now im unemployed just got out of the military, but I want to be with CBPO, I only need the BI to clear on my CASS for BPA.

Comment

• [QUOTE=amillot;3005985]Don't count on it. Some buildings have TVs you can work with others don't. There's 3 building that sompose the taj. I got the bad luck of getting an old tube tv. My xbox has been sitting in a corner since I've been here......

I did not know how to connect it either, Connect it through the VCR in the front then put it on channel 3. That should work.
                  CBPO
                  Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                  TO: 2/2011
                  Medical: 3/22/2011
                  PT Test: 3/22/2011
                  VBT: 3/2011
                  Background: 3/2011
                  Drug Test: 4/2011
                  Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                  PT Test 2: TBD
                  FLETC: Good Question lol
                  CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                  Info Session 9/2009
                  Interview 3/2010
                  COE 5/2010
                  Medical 5/2010
                  Fit/Background 7/2010
                  All clear as of 11/2010
                  FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• IamWolf,Zodia76,and lang2, and everyone else thanks for your support!

Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                    I had the same experience a few years ago. Completely rude and according to him and his machine I was lying. From the moment we started it seemed like he had already determined I wasn't going to pass. Sure enough I didn't. I was 100% honest about everything but the machine said otherwise. There was nothing I could do about it either. That's life I guess. Oh and he did tell me I had failed before I left.
                    If you fail the poly you can reapply? I didn't know that, but I guess your living proof of that. I thought they knock you out again if they find out you failed the poly the first time around?

Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    Stories like this make me angry. I've taken a poly before for my current non LEO job and the person told me that for one of the questions I received a "deception level of 80%" I was just thinking to myself: How in the world could deception be measured as a percentage? The whole thing is a gimmick most likely to give them more discretion on hiring people. After being told that I had a high percentage of deception I explained why my body might have reacted that way (I am constantly thinking and my ideologies can be very generalized or broad at times). When all was said and done they still gave me the job. Polygraphs are WORTHLESS unless used as a form of discretion or discrimination. There has to be something else you could do about this result.
                    I totally agree with you, I felt discriminated against and made out to be a criminal when I am not! I am such a goody-good. I tried to explain to the polygrapher the same thing you did with how my body might have reacted to the machine, since it's not everyday I take a polygraph test. But all I kept hearing thats not true and that I am lieing. All I can say is that, after experiencing the machine myself...it is not accuarate at all!!! I feel the same way as you that it is just a way to discriminate and weed out people that they don't like, but it is such a waste of money and time! I would rather just hear that they don't have any more positions available than to play mind games and say I am trying to be deceptive when I didn't do anything but tell the truth! Thanks for sharing your experiences and if anyone else had any experience with taking a polygraph exam for cbp, please share!

Comment

• Originally posted by ldomi View Post
                      Whenever I had not passed it last year, they said that at the moment they were not going to reactivate anybody that had not passed the fitness test. so I just reapplied. The second time around everything has happened pretty quick and I just turned in my equip last week so the only thing missing is the background investigation. I would reapply if I was you. You dont want to miss the announcement and then be told that you cannot continue in the process with your old application.
                      Thanks for the reply. I think I will reapply and see what happens. its frustrating because i was so close and then the person administering the test complicated matters..

Just have to wait more now!

Comment

CONGRATS nonesense... wow guess they have more calexico. I was on the Delphi forum and haven't seen many SY calls.
                        Originally posted by Mastrray View Post
                        congrats! see you there! i eod 4/2
                        Hit we up ray we'll get ready for the 16th
                        Originally posted by mandarrin View Post
                        congrats to all those who just got the call!!! looks like a lot of us are going to be together at the May 11 FLETC.
                        Mastrray and I will be seeing you there too mandarrin...
                        CBPO
                        GEO Pref: SWB
                        App Date: 8/2/11
                        Written Exam: 9/1/11
                        NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                        TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                        E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                        SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                        PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                        Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                        BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                        VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                        DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                        Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                        Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                        PFT2: 3/16/12
                        EOD: 4/9/12
                        FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                          We see a couple people each week coming to our port for their VBT. I finally talked to one today and found out he waited 2 years for the VBT and interview. Wow.

The avg wait for my class was 3.5yrs, but it looks like it might be longer now! Non-SWB
                          Yeah, I wonder if anyone has made it to their 3rd background investigation prior to being hired. I cleared my second one a month or so ago... and there's no "relief" in sight...

Comment

• Well, my bro in law is also applying for CBPO, and he and a friend of his only took the VBT. No SI after the test. This was three weeks ago. He just met with the BI, and his investigation has already started. This was at the Laredo office. I did the SI and the VBT a few months ago, so I don't know what's going on. I doubt that he failed the test. Maybe is it a change in procedure? Don't stress out over it. Just wait for the results, and let us know what happens. Good luck.

Al
                            Posting my application timeline below-

CBPO Applicant
                            Geographic Location: Southwest (Hoping for the McAllen area)
                            Pre Employment Forms 8/2011 (Complete)
                            Qualifications 2/2012 (Complete)
                            Written Test: 8/2011 (Complete)
                            Fitness Test 1 11/2011 (Complete)
                            Medical Test 11/2011 (Complete)
                            Video Based Test & Structured Interview: 11/2011 (Complete)
                            Drug Test: Pending : 05/22/2012 (Complete)
                            Background Investigation: Pending Still waiting!

Comment

• CBP will be opening a CBP Officer announcement for the acceptance of applications on March 14, 2012.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...reers/officer/

Comment

• [QUOTE=Youngboss900;3006113]IamWolf,Zodia76,and lang2, and everyone else thanks for your support!

If you fail the poly you can reapply? I didn't know that, but I guess your living proof of that. I thought they knock you out again if they find out you failed the poly the first time around?

I waited a year and reapplied. My background investigator told me last week that if I waited long enough to reapply then the old polygraph test wouldn't matter. I'm hoping she's right and they don't give me the boot later. She finished talking to everyone that was on my list and said she would send it off today.
                                Last edited by ZODIAC76; 03-07-2012, 05:03 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9009 users online. 314 members and 8695 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X