300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walkingtall84 View Post
    I tested back in July and i received my results 2 weeks ago. I scored a 78 and my preference is Michigan....Does anyone know or have any idea of maybe how long it would take to go on with the next step? has anyone ever made it with a score of 78.

Also how long does the test score last? i know it until they change the test but will that be for another few years? any input would be appreciated.
    You should definitely get a t.o. It only took me like 2 weeks to get a t.o. for michigan with an old test score of 90. Thats extremely fast compared to the usual time frame, so im sure you'll get one before your test score expires. also if they didnt take scores of 78, they wouldnt have the cutoff set at 70.

Comment

• So while at pre-academy Ive heard a rumor about how they may have put bunk beds in the Taj at FLETC... can anyone confirm this or hopefully its just some BS the people at Miami are giving us, the rookies.

Thanks.
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Lasik

Just got a letter from DHS informing me that they need additional information on me due to me having Lasik performed about 7 yrs ago. They sent me a form to be filled out by an optometrist for a post evaluation. I was wondering can I be disqualified or has anyone ever been disqualified because of the surgery?????

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          Your score lasts for a year. Your NOR should show an expiration date. Some testers in Michigan have already received TOs. It all depends on the number of applicants, spots available, and their scores as to whether or not your 78 will be enough to receive a TO.
          I took my test in 06 and they accepted it for the 08 announcement, so it should be good for 2 years unless they changed it.
          USSCP
          Faxed App 7/28/10
          Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
          Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• sorry guys and gals for the stupid question i am about to ask but what exactly is T.O. ...I am a newbie to the forum

Comment

• Originally posted by walkingtall84 View Post
              sorry guys and gals for the stupid question i am about to ask but what exactly is T.O. ...I am a newbie to the forum
              Tentative Offer, can also be called a Conditional Offer (CO) depending on who you're talking to.
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by rjdispatch View Post
                Just got a letter from DHS informing me that they need additional information on me due to me having Lasik performed about 7 yrs ago. They sent me a form to be filled out by an optometrist for a post evaluation. I was wondering can I be disqualified or has anyone ever been disqualified because of the surgery?????
                They just want to make sure that the surgery was successful and there was no damage. They want additional info about many different conditions, I had one that needed to be explained. It all came out alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiddie789
                  whats pre-academy? Do you got to FLETC before academy stars? I thought you report yo your port for a month before academy?
                  It's just pre-academy prep at your home port. They have plenty of tasks and such to get you prepared for FLETC. It's 4-5 weeks long.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
                    They just want to make sure that the surgery was successful and there was no damage. They want additional info about many different conditions, I had one that needed to be explained. It all came out alright.

Same here. Not a big deal as long as you can see, and you don't have any lingering side effects that would prevent you from getting OC'd in the face......
                    ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                    July 09 Oral Board
                    Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
                      It's just pre-academy prep at your home port. They have plenty of tasks and such to get you prepared for FLETC. It's 4-5 weeks long.
                      Really? I thought all that had to be done was the typical paperwork, badge pictures and the like, which I can't picture lasting 4-5 weeks. Is it just administrative training or something?
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                        Really? I thought all that had to be done was the typical paperwork, badge pictures and the like, which I can't picture lasting 4-5 weeks. Is it just administrative training or something?
                        A few things to prepare you- mainly just classes - on the computer and in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                          I took my test in 06 and they accepted it for the 08 announcement, so it should be good for 2 years unless they changed it.
                          5. If I have already taken the test, do I have to take it again?

It depends. If you passed the test, your score is good for one year after which time you may extend your test score. If you failed the test, you are disqualified from retaking the test for 1 year and the announcement must be open for registration. If a new test is developed, everyone must retest in order to remain on the inventory.

Sounds like you can ask for a test score extension. They are somewhat vague in their wording.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post

Basically the pre academy consists of turning in all your paperwork (payroll, TSP, health insurance etc etc), then its all about "pre-training" you for your training at FLETC... meaning its basic law reviews, visa classes, things that you will use on the job, videos, safety classes, etc... basically I suggest you take your time doing all of the training classes that they give you, because no it does not take 4 weeks... I am in week two and I am going back through the training ive already done just to refresh the things ive read, simply because ive got 2 weeks left and all of my training is pretty much done... so take your time and try to understand everything they give you. Its boring so taking breaks and walking around to wake up several times a day to make sure you are somewhat focused is probably a good idea.
                            Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                            Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
                              It's too early to congratulate!!! My background investigator told me that it's hard to tell when an adjudicator will read a report but that CBP sends officers to FLETC even before an adjudicator reads their report. Hopefully it does take 3 to 4 weeks to clear. Maybe we'll be in the same class at FLETC. What location did you apply for?
                              Virginia. I'm hoping for Dulles Airport because it is only a few miles from home, and the officer who did my VBT told me they are short about 50 CBPO's from where they need to be. I would assume that means some OT is available.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                                5. If I have already taken the test, do I have to take it again?

It depends. If you passed the test, your score is good for one year after which time you may extend your test score. If you failed the test, you are disqualified from retaking the test for 1 year and the announcement must be open for registration. If a new test is developed, everyone must retest in order to remain on the inventory.

Sounds like you can ask for a test score extension. They are somewhat vague in their wording.
                                You dont have to request anything. They will keep honoring a passing score, as long as the test doesnt change

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11768 users online. 425 members and 11343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X