Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amillot, Let me wrap my head around this. You say that if for instance our class gets blessed with a 250 lb, chocolate eating, lump of walking fat and cholesterol; that some how passed the pft2. That we are not likely to do PT at a pace beyond what that one walking calorie killer can do? Death where is thy sting??!!
    I stay in good shape, but hey....I say let's buy this walking earthquake another slice of cake!!

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
      buis, you should've take Nogales. There's currently about 100 new officers going through pre-academy, FLETC, and post-academy combined. I really think hiring for the port is going to be slowed down dramatically for a while.
      Either way, Congrats.
      yeah but gotta make sure parents are in good hands. it's like the asian thing to do since i'm the responsible one and my older brother is in the east coast.
      CBPO
      GEO Pref: SWB
      App Date: 8/2/11
      Written Exam: 9/1/11
      NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
      TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
      E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
      SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
      PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
      Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
      DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
      Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
      Call Rec.: 3/2/12
      PFT2: 3/16/12
      EOD: 4/9/12
      FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
        amillot, Let me wrap my head around this. You say that if for instance our class gets blessed with a 250 lb, chocolate eating, lump of walking fat and cholesterol; that some how passed the pft2. That we are not likely to do PT at a pace beyond what that one walking calorie killer can do? Death where is thy sting??!!
        I stay in good shape, but hey....I say let's buy this walking earthquake another slice of cake!!
        It really depends on who your lead PT instructor is. Some of the workout days here are ridiculous... lots of injuries.

In the case you describe the fitter members of your class will "rest" by doing pushups, planks, squats waiting for fatty chocolate eater to catch up.
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
          yeah but gotta make sure parents are in good hands. it's like the asian thing to do since i'm the responsible one and my older brother is in the east coast.
          I get it. Good luck either way.
          Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
          It really depends on who your lead PT instructor is. Some of the workout days here are ridiculous... lots of injuries.

In the case you describe the fitter members of your class will "rest" by doing pushups, planks, squats waiting for fatty chocolate eater to catch up.
          Exactly. Or you would have to repeat your pft test every so often until your "partners" pass. Which makes you miss out on other more important techniques needed for the job.

Comment

• Every line touch is supposed to be counted I got 5 with out the middle line and they were about ten feet apart..cant see how anyone can get ten in three seconds..

Comment

• While it's on my mind tonight, because i keep forgetting at work to ask...

What kind of TV's are in the Taj at FLETC? I've been told we can bring a PS3/Xbox so I know the tv's have a connection of some kind on the back, but what, VGA/DVI/Component?

I'm thinking of bringing my Mac Mini computer. I'm wondering if I need to somehow get a monitor as well or can I use the TV. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by gtdc1440 View Post
                Every line touch is supposed to be counted I got 5 with out the middle line and they were about ten feet apart..cant see how anyone can get ten in three seconds..
                i thought it was 10 secs...?

Comment

• It is. 10 seconds, minimum of 7 touches. Center line DOES count, and you do it twice. Surprised there is so much confusion, lol
                  Last edited by scorpio_1; 03-06-2012, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Every line touch is supposed to be counted I got 5 with out the middle line and they were about ten feet apart..cant see how anyone can get ten in three seconds..
                    Yeah it was definitely 10 seconds
                    Originally posted by scorpio_1 View Post
                    It is. 10 seconds, minimum of 7 touches. Center line DOES count, and you do it twice. Surprised there is so much confusion, lol
                    That was the easiest part of the test I think for me. I got 11 or 14 on that but it was a cake breeze. It was the first time I did it too lol. Just make sure you side step fast =)
                    CBPO

Comment

• I wasn't in the taj but we had nice little flat screens, prob 20-24 in. Maybe a lil bigger. Taj is sweet but far from the classroom...., u will be closer to the range thow.

Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                      While it's on my mind tonight, because i keep forgetting at work to ask...

What kind of TV's are in the Taj at FLETC? I've been told we can bring a PS3/Xbox so I know the tv's have a connection of some kind on the back, but what, VGA/DVI/Component?

I'm thinking of bringing my Mac Mini computer. I'm wondering if I need to somehow get a monitor as well or can I use the TV. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                        While it's on my mind tonight, because i keep forgetting at work to ask...

The crack houses have tiny lcd's attached to the wall, and the taj has old school tube tv's...tiny as well. No such high tech connections for them. Laptop would be the better choice for a computer, as for connections for a game console... will depend on which building you're housed.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• How big are the desks in your room? I was thinking about bringing a netbook and a 24" monitor. Curious as to how big your rooms are.
                          CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                            How big are the desks in your room? I was thinking about bringing a netbook and a 24" monitor. Curious as to how big your rooms are.
                            that wouldn't be a problem...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by josh222 View Post
                              i thought it was 10 secs...?
                              your right..10 sec..was typing to fast and meant to say ten seconds..

They are having another announcment on the 14th.. The question is do I re-apply or do I wait for the appeal?

Comment

your right..10 sec..was typing to fast and meant to say ten seconds..

They are having another announcment on the 14th.. The question is do I re-apply or do I wait for the appeal?
                                Whenever I had not passed it last year, they said that at the moment they were not going to reactivate anybody that had not passed the fitness test. so I just reapplied. The second time around everything has happened pretty quick and I just turned in my equip last week so the only thing missing is the background investigation. I would reapply if I was you. You dont want to miss the announcement and then be told that you cannot continue in the process with your old application.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3734 users online. 221 members and 3513 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X