300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help: Response
    A few of you folks replied, in addition to others sending me some very well pointed private messages. Through some of your excellent points and guidance, I have decided to stick it out where I am currently at. A big point in this was the fact of losing my fed time and starting over, especially with the new retirement rates starting this next year. It's painful being somewhere that you dread, but at least I am currently serving on the midnight shift and will hopefully be picked up prior to rotating baclk to days (where the command element is the worst part ofit all). So for now, I will put on my big boy pants, grit my teeth, and push through. A warm hearted thank you to those that offered genuine concern and advice. Your wisdom and insight has helped me to make a much better decision for my family overall.
    CBPO
    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Does anyone know if Blaine, WA has any openings? How many? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
        Just curious, where is the PFT1 and medical scheduled in the Boston Area?
        I had to go to this place for my medical:
        South Shore Health Care
        759 Granite Street Braintree MA 02184
        CBPO
        TEST : 12/09/10
        NOR : 1/27/11 (80%)
        TSL : 6/14/11
        GEO : SWB TEXAS

Comment

• Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
          Congrats!! See you in San Ysidro.
          Congrats!! lol
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Youngboss900 View Post
            HTX713 I had the same experience. I took my Poly yesterday and it went just like your friends. Also a lot of people have shared similar stories, and mine is no different. I have more to tell but I am so burnt out from yesterday and the bs this lady said about me that I am just trying to relax and enjoy my weekend, but in the back of my head is this awful experience which I will talk about as soon as I get some rest. It's like they already know who they are going to fail and they have this script they use when they want to do this, because a few people on this forum have also shared the same story. The lie detector is definatly inaccurate because I was 101% Honest. Gringa and everyone else who is going to be polygraphed...they tell you right there and then if you passed of failed...Gringa I am assuming you not being sure on how it will play out, makes me think they must have also told you that you have failed...I hope you haven't and wish you the best but the "administrator" told me right there and then...and yes she was rude about it. What city HTX713 did your friend have his test in? Mine was in Tuscon. I also was surprised like Gringa that the fire alarm went off(ours didnt go off but she warned me about it),also there were no water fountains in the field office...very strange, I even asked and they said they didn't have any. It's been a year and a half long proces, they should Polygraph people FIRST so that way they don't waste there time and money as well as ours!!! The first thing should be the polygraph in the process!!! Once people pass that then have them waste there time in exercising, medical tests, and other bs, but they do things so backwards. It cost me money to stay in a hotel, GAS MONEY(to travel back and forth),time off work, and then when you have been honest the WHOLE time you are told that you have been dishonest... it is hurtful. CBP could also save a lot of money and time if they polygraphed everyone first and it would be to applicants advantage as well, so we don't have to wait a whole year and a half to hear, "oh our machine(which science has proven isn't accurate) thinks your a liar", I think the machine is just a gimmick, the polygrapher decides who they want to keep and not keep...it's like a big scam! I just wish Quality Control will actually do some Quality Control! There will be more to come! If anybody else has had a polygraph experience please vent and share it!
            Stories like this make me angry. I've taken a poly before for my current non LEO job and the person told me that for one of the questions I received a "deception level of 80%" I was just thinking to myself: How in the world could deception be measured as a percentage? The whole thing is a gimmick most likely to give them more discretion on hiring people. After being told that I had a high percentage of deception I explained why my body might have reacted that way (I am constantly thinking and my ideologies can be very generalized or broad at times). When all was said and done they still gave me the job. Polygraphs are WORTHLESS unless used as a form of discretion or discrimination. There has to be something else you could do about this result.
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Hey bwolak76, jose45th, and ucdoc88 when they called and made an offer did they ask if you had a valid drivers license? Trying to see if they were testing to see if I would lie to them about it being expired.
              CBPO
              GEO Pref: SWB
              App Date: 8/2/11
              Written Exam: 9/1/11
              NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
              TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
              E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
              SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
              PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
              Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
              DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
              Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
              Call Rec.: 3/2/12
              PFT2: 3/16/12
              EOD: 4/9/12
              FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• They asked me if I had a valid drivers license...
                BPA
                BPA test date: 8/21/10
                TSU: 2/6/12
                EOD: ???

CBPO
                Got the call!
                PFT2: 3/23
                EOD: 4/9
                FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                  Hey bwolak76, jose45th, and ucdoc88 when they called and made an offer did they ask if you had a valid drivers license? Trying to see if they were testing to see if I would lie to them about it being expired.
                  yeah they did asked me. Did you get your license renew?
                  App Date: 6/2/11
                  Written Exam: 7/23/11
                  NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-7): 9/29/11
                  TSL submitted: 10/07/11
                  E-QIP 10/15/11
                  Qualifications: ( cleared CASS GS7 1/11/12)
                  PFT1: 11/03/11 (cleared CASS 11/1/11)
                  Med: 11/8/11 Done (cleared on CASS )
                  BI: 11/02/11 (cleared CASS 11/25/11)
                  VBT/SI: 12/16/11 cleared on CASS)
                  DT: 12/14/11 (cleared 12/20/11)
                  Referred to Schedule EOD 01/31/12
                  PFT2: 3-7-12
                  EOD:3-19-12
                  FLETC: 4-18-12

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
                    They asked me if I had a valid drivers license...
                    Thanks for the response ray
                    Originally posted by jose45th View Post
                    yeah they did asked me. Did you get your license renew?
                    Jose yeah I took care of it same day. Tried to reach out to some people at MHC and shot some emails to see what else I could do so awaiting for a response if in fact I will get one. Wanted to start the same time you guys do down in San ysidro and maybe bunk up to save cash for pre-academy. Have you been running?
                    CBPO
                    App Date: 8/2/11
                    Written Exam: 9/1/11
                    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                    PFT2: 3/16/12
                    EOD: 4/9/12
                    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

Jose yeah I took care of it same day. Tried to reach out to some people at MHC and shot some emails to see what else I could do so awaiting for a response if in fact I will get one. Wanted to start the same time you guys do down in San ysidro and maybe bunk up to save cash for pre-academy. Have you been running?
                      yeah i been running for the last three months. im not a big fun of running, but i got the 1.5 run in 13 min so im sure ill be fine.
                      E-QIP 10/15/11

Comment

man im sure they should be calling you next week.
                        E-QIP 10/15/11

Comment

Hey bwolak76, jose45th, and ucdoc88 when they called and made an offer did they ask if you had a valid drivers license? Trying to see if they were testing to see if I would lie to them about it being expired.
                          I don't remeber them asking me about my drivers license. They asked about any recent medical changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose45th View Post
                            Nice it looks like you got it set up, how much you paying for rent ? and how you find that place ?
                            messages me if you want, i would like get some info.
                            Your PM is turned off.

Comment

• This is crazy...I took the test Dec 10', for SWB, still waiting on BI to clear along with other forms. Second time in this process , was a Fed Leo, military, and FLETC once, Gota love it, lol.

Comment

yeah, i believe it's a standard procedure for them to ask about your valid license. don't worry, buis02. they'll be calling you for sure! keep your head up. as for me, i'm freaked out of the pft2. anyone know how they test the 220 yd run? half a track lap run or on the field?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11337 users online. 371 members and 10966 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X