300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sidewayz8 View Post
    Hello all, I'm currently in the process and was wondering how often do they disqualify you based on medical fitness? They asked about more information from my doctor about my asthma which my doctor says is all good and I could do the work but do you think just because I have asthma they would still disqualify me?
    don't worry about it. they will ask you to get some more testing done to show that it will not hinder you while working. all its going to do is slow up your green check on the med process.

Comment

• Congrats to you who got the call... Some of you guys have timelines similar to mine.... I hope that's a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
        your attitude will change when you get out here.
        no attitude here, I just like to stay positive, and don't like negative comments.

PS. I've been in placing you can't imagine, bugs and humidity? really?!?

Comment

• Jose45th,

congrats on getting in and welcome to a decent size group of us heading to San Ysidro. I know of about 8 going there. I'm from New York state. It's going to be quite the change considering I have not been anywhere west of Ohio. Have you done your pft2 yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
            Congrats!! See you in San Ysidro.
            Hey dude im from IL too, i live on the south side of Chicago what day you got your physical? and where? ?
            GEO Pref: SWB
            App Date: 6/2/11
            Written Exam: 7/23/11
            NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-7): 9/29/11
            TSL submitted: 10/07/11
            E-QIP 10/15/11
            Qualifications: ( cleared CASS GS7 1/11/12)
            PFT1: 11/03/11 (cleared CASS 11/1/11)
            Med: 11/8/11 Done (cleared on CASS )
            BI: 11/02/11 (cleared CASS 11/25/11)
            VBT/SI: 12/16/11 cleared on CASS)
            DT: 12/14/11 (cleared 12/20/11)
            Referred to Schedule EOD 01/31/12
            PFT2: 3-7-12
            EOD:3-19-12
            FLETC: 4-18-12

Comment

• Originally posted by bwolak76 View Post
              Jose45th,

congrats on getting in and welcome to a decent size group of us heading to San Ysidro. I know of about 8 going there. I'm from New York state. It's going to be quite the change considering I have not been anywhere west of Ohio. Have you done your pft2 yet?

No not yet im taking it on wed on Minneapolis
              E-QIP 10/15/11

Comment

• Originally posted by HTX713 View Post
                Hey Gringa, a friend of mine took the poly last week, and he said that the administrator was very rude, and basically seemed like they had made their mind up that they were going to fail him prior to even starting the test. During your poly did the administrator ask you to NOT stay calm or relaxed, but to stay tense? I dont know how these Polygraph administrators sleep at night.
                HTX713 I had the same experience. I took my Poly yesterday and it went just like your friends. Also a lot of people have shared similar stories, and mine is no different. I have more to tell but I am so burnt out from yesterday and the bs this lady said about me that I am just trying to relax and enjoy my weekend, but in the back of my head is this awful experience which I will talk about as soon as I get some rest. It's like they already know who they are going to fail and they have this script they use when they want to do this, because a few people on this forum have also shared the same story. The lie detector is definatly inaccurate because I was 101% Honest. Gringa and everyone else who is going to be polygraphed...they tell you right there and then if you passed of failed...Gringa I am assuming you not being sure on how it will play out, makes me think they must have also told you that you have failed...I hope you haven't and wish you the best but the "administrator" told me right there and then...and yes she was rude about it. What city HTX713 did your friend have his test in? Mine was in Tuscon. I also was surprised like Gringa that the fire alarm went off(ours didnt go off but she warned me about it),also there were no water fountains in the field office...very strange, I even asked and they said they didn't have any. It's been a year and a half long proces, they should Polygraph people FIRST so that way they don't waste there time and money as well as ours!!! The first thing should be the polygraph in the process!!! Once people pass that then have them waste there time in exercising, medical tests, and other bs, but they do things so backwards. It cost me money to stay in a hotel, GAS MONEY(to travel back and forth),time off work, and then when you have been honest the WHOLE time you are told that you have been dishonest... it is hurtful. CBP could also save a lot of money and time if they polygraphed everyone first and it would be to applicants advantage as well, so we don't have to wait a whole year and a half to hear, "oh our machine(which science has proven isn't accurate) thinks your a liar", I think the machine is just a gimmick, the polygrapher decides who they want to keep and not keep...it's like a big scam! I just wish Quality Control will actually do some Quality Control! There will be more to come! If anybody else has had a polygraph experience please vent and share it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Youngboss900 View Post
                  HTX713 I had the same experience. I took my Poly yesterday and it went just like your friends. Also a lot of people have shared similar stories, and mine is no different. I have more to tell but I am so burnt out from yesterday and the bs this lady said about me that I am just trying to relax and enjoy my weekend, but in the back of my head is this awful experience which I will talk about as soon as I get some rest. It's like they already know who they are going to fail and they have this script they use when they want to do this, because a few people on this forum have also shared the same story. The lie detector is definatly inaccurate because I was 101% Honest. Gringa and everyone else who is going to be polygraphed...they tell you right there and then if you passed of failed...Gringa I am assuming you not being sure on how it will play out, makes me think they must have also told you that you have failed...I hope you haven't and wish you the best but the "administrator" told me right there and then...and yes she was rude about it. What city HTX713 did your friend have his test in? Mine was in Tuscon. I also was surprised like Gringa that the fire alarm went off(ours didnt go off but she warned me about it),also there were no water fountains in the field office...very strange, I even asked and they said they didn't have any. It's been a year and a half long proces, they should Polygraph people FIRST so that way they don't waste there time and money as well as ours!!! The first thing should be the polygraph in the process!!! Once people pass that then have them waste there time in exercising, medical tests, and other bs, but they do things so backwards. It cost me money to stay in a hotel, GAS MONEY(to travel back and forth),time off work, and then when you have been honest the WHOLE time you are told that you have been dishonest... it is hurtful. CBP could also save a lot of money and time if they polygraphed everyone first and it would be to applicants advantage as well, so we don't have to wait a whole year and a half to hear, "oh our machine(which science has proven isn't accurate) thinks your a liar", I think the machine is just a gimmick, the polygrapher decides who they want to keep and not keep...it's like a big scam! I just wish Quality Control will actually do some Quality Control! There will be more to come! If anybody else has had a polygraph experience please vent and share it!
                  Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope it all works out for you. Quite a few months ago, people were sharing stories similar to yours. They were told they failed also, but received a letter a little while later saying they passed. I hope this is true for you too! Keep your head up!
                  GEO: Midwest
                  Written Exam: 12/10/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                  TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                  VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                  PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                  Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                  BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                  Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                  Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                  Polygraph: 5/11/12
                  Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                  Met with BI: 7/27/12
                  Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                  PFT2: 9/4/12
                  EOD: 9/24/12
                  FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by jose45th View Post
                    Hey dude im from IL too, i live on the south side of Chicago what day you got your physical? and where? ?
                    I live in the north side near Wicker park!! I had my PFT2 with Bwolak last week in Detroit. Are you planning on driving to San Diego for Pre-Academy??

Comment

• Quick question guys, If my exam was set to expire in Jan 24, Do i have to retest or do i still wait for a TO of what not? My original choice was Newark but i switched to Florida region, should have picked cali or south east, but do I now have to wait to retest? or can i still contact them and see what I can do?
                      NYPD Exam # 6093
                      List #: 15xx
                      Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
                      Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
                      Meet with BI: ???
                      Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
                      Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
                      JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• Originally posted by Youngboss900 View Post

I had the same experience a few years ago. Completely rude and according to him and his machine I was lying. From the moment we started it seemed like he had already determined I wasn't going to pass. Sure enough I didn't. I was 100% honest about everything but the machine said otherwise. There was nothing I could do about it either. That's life I guess. Oh and he did tell me I had failed before I left.
                        Last edited by ZODIAC76; 03-03-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I live in the north side near Wicker park!! I had my PFT2 with Bwolak last week in Detroit. Are you planning on driving to San Diego for Pre-Academy??
                          I'm thinking to drive and leave the car in Los Angeles with the family and fly to the academy; but honestly im not a hundred percent sure of what to do. If i drive is going to be like 20 hour drive. when are you planning head out there ? Any idea where you going to stay?
                          E-QIP 10/15/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
                            Quick question guys, If my exam was set to expire in Jan 24, Do i have to retest or do i still wait for a TO of what not? My original choice was Newark but i switched to Florida region, should have picked cali or south east, but do I now have to wait to retest? or can i still contact them and see what I can do?
                            Your score was automatically extended for another 6 months, I previously contacted MHC to ask the same question and was told that all Nov. 2010 applicant's scores were being extended for an additional 6 months. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose45th View Post
                              I'm thinking to drive and leave the car in Los Angeles with the family and fly to the academy; but honestly im not a hundred percent sure of what to do. If i drive is going to be like 20 hour drive. when are you planning head out there ? Any idea where you going to stay?
                              I'm driving out on the 15th and leave it in storage. Yea, Im staying around chula vista.

Comment

I'm driving out on the 15th and leave it in storage. Yea, Im staying around chula vista.
                                Nice it looks like you got it set up, how much you paying for rent ? and how you find that place ?
                                messages me if you want, i would like get some info.
                                E-QIP 10/15/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9496 users online. 236 members and 9260 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X