Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazyness Gringa, I am glad I didn't have to go through that..... I am a big goofball and I know I would have tried to crack a joke here or there and whatnot to ease the tension (and nerves).......
    BPA
    BPA test date: 8/21/10
    TSU: 2/6/12
    EOD: ???

CBPO
    Got the call!
    PFT2: 3/23
    EOD: 4/9
    FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Hello all, I'm currently in the process and was wondering how often do they disqualify you based on medical fitness? They asked about more information from my doctor about my asthma which my doctor says is all good and I could do the work but do you think just because I have asthma they would still disqualify me?
      Geographic Availability: SouthWest
      Application: August 2011
      Exam: August 2011
      N.O.R: September 2011
      TSL1: October 2011
      E-Qip:November 2011
      PFT-1: December 21st, 2011
      B.I.: January 2012-March 2012
      Structured Interview/VBT: March 2012
      Drug Test: May 2012
      Polygraph Test: May 2012

Comment

• thx for the info Yoda, advice is always appreciated. I'm going to call them against and ask WTH is my BI? lol
        Tested 08/11 with NOR of 98 no vet points
        Switched to SW - 10/11
        TSL - 10/11
        VBT/SI - 10/11 - Passed
        Medical/PFT1 - 11/11 - Passed
        Drug test - 12/11 - Passed
        Background - In security office
        Qualifications - passed 3/12

Comment

• Originally posted by josh222 View Post
          if you have already taken the poly i am curious to know how it went. does anyone know if you fail if the agency automatically disqualifies you or if they take a holistic approach to your entire BI including poly and use the BI to clear anything the poly flagged as a "lie"?
          I've heard that if you fail the poly you fail the whole BI. Not only that, if you fail the poly you will also have to go through the whole process again and when you get to the BI hereonafter the investigator will tell you each time based on "BI reasons" that you cannot continue.

So once you fail the poly you can forget about being a CBPO, or so I've heard... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
            I've heard that if you fail the poly you fail the whole BI. Not only that, if you fail the poly you will also have to go through the whole process again and when you get to the BI hereonafter the investigator will tell you each time based on "BI reasons" that you cannot continue.

So once you fail the poly you can forget about being a CBPO, or so I've heard... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
            Yes, if you fail the poly, you are not eligible to work for CBP ever. If you apply again, they will start the process again, but at some point they'll find out that you failed the poly and they will discontinue your process.
            CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
            NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
            T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
            E-QIP: 10/12/11
            VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
            Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
            Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
            Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
            B.I.: ???
            PFT2:
            E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
              The polygraph was intense and nervewracking. I was there for nearly 6 hours. The examiner was very nice, but still It really made me feel like the worst scumbag ever, which is a weird feeling when I'm usually the one being made fun of for being such a goody-goody.
              The results are pending, and there's more to the story, but I don't want to talk about it until I know the end result. I will say, though, that the room was ridiculously cold and the fire alarm went off in the middle of my test. You are only hooke dup to the machine for about 20-25 mins (not the whole time) but while on the chair, you're not allowed to move one single centimeter during the test, only your eyeballs. You have to sit completely still. I don't think it's accurate at all, but who knows.
              That's the update, folks.
              Did the walls feel like they were caving in on you? Well good to know that the machine wasn't hooked up that long. So what happens during the 6 hours when you are only hooked up for 20-25 mins? Is it mostly going over questions?
              Originally posted by Raymart View Post
              Crazyness Gringa, I am glad I didn't have to go through that..... I am a big goofball and I know I would have tried to crack a joke here or there and whatnot to ease the tension (and nerves).......
              I'm with you on that. I was sweating just thinking about the possibility of having to submit to one.
              CBPO
              GEO Pref: SWB
              App Date: 8/2/11
              Written Exam: 9/1/11
              NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
              TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
              E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
              SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
              PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
              Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
              DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
              Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
              Call Rec.: 3/2/12
              PFT2: 3/16/12
              EOD: 4/9/12
              FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by krazzed View Post
                thx for the info Yoda, advice is always appreciated. I'm going to call them against and ask WTH is my BI? lol
                Calling them to ask why you haven't been contacted by an investigator will lead you nowhere... You simply have to wait to be contacted by them. Remember that logistics play a big role. Once they get to your file they have to find an available contractor to conduct the investigation, at this point your file is with IA and when they get to it you'll be contacted.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                  It was over a month from the time I received my TSL to my scheduled PFT1 and that's also as a recent recipient of an initial offer. Give it some time, at this point I think there are many many applicants in the pipeline. Once it starts it moves at a decent pace, just keep working out, make sure you're ready for the PFT1, not that it's hard, but you never know, focus on what you control, let everything else just happen.
                  Just curious, where is the PFT1 and medical scheduled in the Boston Area?

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                    Did the walls feel like they were caving in on you? Well good to know that the machine wasn't hooked up that long. So what happens during the 6 hours when you are only hooked up for 20-25 mins? Is it mostly going over questions?

I'm with you on that. I was sweating just thinking about the possibility of having to submit to one.
                    All who go through the Poly have to sign a confidentiality agreement where they are prohibited of discussing the details of the test/procedure. Same as with the VBT/SI... Those who break this agreement, especially on a public forum, run the risk of being eliminated from the process.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      All who go through the Poly have to sign a confidentiality agreement where they are prohibited of discussing the details of the test/procedure. Same as with the VBT/SI... Those who break this agreement, especially on a public forum, run the risk of being eliminated from the process.
                      All I can say about the poly, is that it sucked, and it made me feel like a criminal. That, and if everyone running for public office, including "him" would have to go through one, we very likely would not have anyone to vote for.
                      CBP written test Miami, FL
                      11/10/2007
                      NOR letter 01/16/2008
                      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                      9/4/2009
                      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                      never got first)
                      qualifications completed
                      BI interview 9/30/2009
                      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                      poly: Mar 2011
                      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Apologies. Wasn't trying to get in depth details about the poly. If I can recall, someone else mentioned part of the process on here a ways back anyways. Was just trying to see if that was the case.
                        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post

I failed the poly and reapplied a year later. I just met my background investigator this past Monday and I asked if they would end up kicking me out b/c of it. She asked if I had retaken the written test and I said yes. She then said that if you wait long enough to apply again that the old one wouldn't matter. I'm assuming what she told me is true. If I end up getting the boot then I'll let everyone know about it.
                          Last edited by ZODIAC76; 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• I'm sooooo mad rite now. I just got the call. Was offered a position then when asked about my drivers license I just realized it was expired and so they retarcted the offer and said someone will be in contact with me...
                            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                              I'm sooooo mad rite now. I just got the call. Was offered a position then when asked about my drivers license I just realized it was expired and so they retarcted the offer and said someone will be in contact with me...
                              so you can't renew it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
                                The polygraph was intense and nervewracking. I was there for nearly 6 hours. The examiner was very nice, but still It really made me feel like the worst scumbag ever, which is a weird feeling when I'm usually the one being made fun of for being such a goody-goody.
                                The results are pending, and there's more to the story, but I don't want to talk about it until I know the end result. I will say, though, that the room was ridiculously cold and the fire alarm went off in the middle of my test. You are only hooke dup to the machine for about 20-25 mins (not the whole time) but while on the chair, you're not allowed to move one single centimeter during the test, only your eyeballs. You have to sit completely still. I don't think it's accurate at all, but who knows.
                                That's the update, folks.
                                Hey Gringa, a friend of mine took the poly last week, and he said that the administrator was very rude, and basically seemed like they had made their mind up that they were going to fail him prior to even starting the test. During your poly did the administrator ask you to NOT stay calm or relaxed, but to stay tense? I dont know how these Polygraph administrators sleep at night.
                                "Chefs dont hate, we cook"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10852 users online. 405 members and 10447 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X