Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MamboASJ View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful advice and info, especially from Merlin, Yoda, etc...

Oh and I GOT THE CALL for Seattle!!!

It's been a long 3 1/2 years since my TO. I EOD on April 9 and Academy on May 11.

Ah...shucks...it was nothing.

Seriously, congrats and good luck.

Comment

• wow... good luck to all those going to a sumer time academy. The humidity and bugs are terrible.

Comment

• Hi guys, long time follower, first time poster...i got the call for calexico not too long ago. i applied roughly around 08/11. i hoped to land san ysidro, but the lady said there was no more funding for that port. anyhow... quick question regarding the pft2. are the situps anchored by a proctor or free? just curious..

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
          wow... good luck to all those going to a sumer time academy. The humidity and bugs are terrible.
          really?!? who cares about the weather?!? Im just glad I the call....

buis I did notice you got almost the same timeline as me, so Im sure you'll get pretty soon, and probably with the same academy dates. keeps us posted

Comment

• Wow buis02, your process went quick. I wish I had your BI lol. Mine didn't even bother to meet with me.
            Last edited by krazzed; 03-01-2012, 01:15 AM. Reason: Left out name
            Tested 08/11 with NOR of 98 no vet points
            Switched to SW - 10/11
            TSL - 10/11
            VBT/SI - 10/11 - Passed
            Medical/PFT1 - 11/11 - Passed
            Drug test - 12/11 - Passed
            Background - In security office
            Qualifications - passed 3/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
              It's almost our go time Buis02....... We gotta get the positive energy going bro! LoL
              Yeah trying to stay positive. Unfortunately I think I might be getting laid off soon enough so I'm hoping I get the call and can bounce from this place.
              Originally posted by mandarrin View Post
              really?!? who cares about the weather?!? Im just glad I the call....

buis I did notice you got almost the same timeline as me, so Im sure you'll get pretty soon, and probably with the same academy dates. keeps us posted
              Yeah the weather is not a big deal for me. If anything at all maybe it'll help me shed a few pounds lol. As for bugs, I've spent time in Vietnam during the summer and if you can handle that then it should be a breeze lol. Congrats for you thought seriously gives me a lot of hope since you have almost an identical time frame to mine... keeping fingers and toes crossed.
              Originally posted by krazzed View Post
              Wow buis02, your process went quick. I wish I had your BI lol. Mine didn't even bother to meet with me.
              Yeah mine was pretty fast I have to admit. But someone on here got picked up super fast and had even a shorter process then me. Then again there are a lot of factors like say if you had multiple jobs or lived in multiple places. I obviously didn't fit that category lol. Wow your BI never met with you? Thats kind of weird. Did you try following up with MHC? Did any of your references get hit up?
              CBPO
              GEO Pref: SWB
              App Date: 8/2/11
              Written Exam: 9/1/11
              NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
              TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
              E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
              SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
              PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
              Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
              DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
              Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
              Call Rec.: 3/2/12
              PFT2: 3/16/12
              EOD: 4/9/12
              FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Nice to see hiring trickle through for non-SWB locations. Congrats to those who have recently received "the call".

Comment

• Does anyone know what step you start out at? Do you start at step one?

Comment

• anybody out there know what is the salary at pre-FLETC? and can you pick your pft2 date? thanks in advance

Comment

• does anyone know the timeline of the academy start dates?

I'm one of the many for SWB, took the test in 10/2011, just got a letter stating i passed my vbt.

awaiting for checks on medical, BI and qualifications. seems like i'm just skipping around...who else is in the same boat as me?
                      tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                      NOR-11/11
                      TSL- 11/17/11
                      pft1- 12/8/11
                      Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                      Qual- completed 3/12
                      Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                      S I-completed 3/12
                      Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                      Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                      Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                      Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                      new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Unite View Post
                        Does anyone know what step you start out at? Do you start at step one?
                        Most people start out at step one. The main exception to that would be people with previous federal government employment.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandarrin View Post
                          anybody out there know what is the salary at pre-FLETC? and can you pick your pft2 date? thanks in advance
                          Starting salary...

Usually, it's GS-05/01. If you qualified for and were offered a GS-07, then it's likely a GS-07/01.

Anyhow...it should be buried somewhere in all the stuff CBP sends you sometime after accepting the job and before reporting for pre-academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                            does anyone know the timeline of the academy start dates?

Roughly every 9-15 days until the end of September.

Expect future class dates to be canceled, modified and otherwise manipulated as needed by the agency.

Comment

• For everyone waiting on results from their VBT/SI completed around 2/8/12: One of my friends (a current CBPO) talked to his supervisor (who conducted my SI) and found out that mine was JUST assigned today! I'm not sure if "today" is actually today, or yesterday. I got an email from him around 4:30am. But nonetheless, I feel relieved knowing that no news didn't mean bad news! Hopefully we'll get our PASS scores really soon!
                              GEO: Midwest
                              Written Exam: 12/10/10
                              NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                              TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                              VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                              PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                              Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                              BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                              Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                              Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                              Polygraph: 5/11/12
                              Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                              Met with BI: 7/27/12
                              Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                              PFT2: 9/4/12
                              EOD: 9/24/12
                              FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• I got the call fabens!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7463 users online. 389 members and 7074 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X