300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
    Medical is good for two years I believe, and yes, everything expires and must be redone. In my case, the first time I did the medical, I did the fitness 1 test the same day, in other words, got examined, then did the fitness test, step up and down the box, lift and lower the 50 lbs box, do pushups, situps, etc.

This second time around (this past October) the nurses did the vision test, ear test, EKG I believe also, and then the doc listened to my lungs, looked in ears, nose, throat, etc, oh yeah, and they also did the tb skin test again. When they called me to schedule the second medical, I asked if I have to do the PFT1 again, and the operator said no, just the medical.
    Okai thank you very much man i appreciate it! My BPA TSU is 12/05/2011 im on the edge of my seat waiting for the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
      How is this job to you current officers. Is the pay good? how do you like your port? Is it a lot of test in the academy?
      Well...paywise it's GS-12 journeyman pay. Roughly 70-115K, depending on preferences, shift options, and OT availability.

Comment

• My Polygraph is tomorrow, people!! **Deep Breath**
        I'll update afterwards.
        CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
        NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
        T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
        E-QIP: 10/12/11
        VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
        Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
        Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
        Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
        B.I.: ???
        PFT2:
        E.O.D.:

Comment

• Just got the Call for JFK EOD April 9th Fletc May 11- Sept 17th..
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TO - 01/29/09
          TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
          Expired 6/10/11
          Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
            Just got the Call for JFK EOD April 9th Fletc May 11- Sept 17th..
            Yaaaayyy!! CONGRATS!!
            CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
            NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
            T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
            E-QIP: 10/12/11
            VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
            Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
            Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
            Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
            B.I.: ???
            PFT2:
            E.O.D.:

Comment

Congrats bro!
              BPA
              BPA test date: 8/21/10
              TSU: 2/6/12
              EOD: ???

CBPO
              Got the call!
              PFT2: 3/23
              EOD: 4/9
              FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
                My Polygraph is tomorrow, people!! **Deep Breath**
                I'll update afterwards.
                Good luck Gringa, all will go well dudette
                BPA
                BPA test date: 8/21/10
                TSU: 2/6/12

CBPO
                Got the call!
                PFT2: 3/23
                EOD: 4/9
                FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

congrats!
                  CBPO
                  Geo - West Coast
                  Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                  NOR - 4/2/12
                  TSL - 6/12/12
                  PFT1 - green
                  BI -
                  Quals -
                  VBT/SI - green
                  Drug Screen - green

Comment

• To all the current CBP officers (done with FLETC and already at your POE).. When you got the call, did they offer you a position for the GEO you selected, or did they offer you a position at a GEO you did not select? I'm wondering if there is any chance they'll offer me a position closer to my current geographical location than what I put down for my GEO. Current location compared to selected GEO would have me move from one corner of the country to the other (and the only reason I changed GEO's was at MHC's suggestion twice). If there's a need for CBPOs in Florida, and I've been waiting a while, might I end up being offered the gig in Florida despite being on the list for Maine?

If you want to message me in private, please feel free to. Thanks in advance.
                    CBP written test Miami, FL
                    11/10/2007
                    NOR letter 01/16/2008
                    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                    9/4/2009
                    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                    never got first)
                    qualifications completed
                    BI interview 9/30/2009
                    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                    poly: Mar 2011
                    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Is it possible to plan and complete your own wedding while at FLETC? Do they make exceptions?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                        Is it possible to plan and complete your own wedding while at FLETC? Do they make exceptions?
                        Try planning your wedding around a fed holiday. Thats what Im doing. Having it on a sunday night and monday I know ill have off for the fed holiday. You'll have friday night to travel back to NY, sat to get everything ready and time to travel back to FLETC later on monday eve. And you will still have fed holidays off while you are in post academy (37 weeks - at JFK at least).

They will not make exceptions for you if you are supposed to be in class or working at all.
                        CBPO
                        TO - 05/08 JFK
                        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                          Try planning your wedding around a fed holiday. Thats what Im doing. Having it on a sunday night and monday I know ill have off for the fed holiday. You'll have friday night to travel back to NY, sat to get everything ready and time to travel back to FLETC later on monday eve. And you will still have fed holidays off while you are in post academy (37 weeks - at JFK at least).

They will not make exceptions for you if you are supposed to be in class or working at all.
                          Crap. The wedding is on for a friday
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

FLETC: ???

Comment

To all the current CBP officers (done with FLETC and already at your POE).. When you got the call, did they offer you a position for the GEO you selected, or did they offer you a position at a GEO you did not select? I'm wondering if there is any chance they'll offer me a position closer to my current geographical location than what I put down for my GEO. Current location compared to selected GEO would have me move from one corner of the country to the other (and the only reason I changed GEO's was at MHC's suggestion twice). If there's a need for CBPOs in Florida, and I've been waiting a while, might I end up being offered the gig in Florida despite being on the list for Maine?

To the best of my knowledge, you are only offered for the area you selected. Seems like there has been a lot of hiring for the south and southwest, including some for FL, so it might be worth a shot to ask the MHC if you can switch back. I had a guy in my PFT2 who had switched his preference from MI to, I think it was GA because of the emails MHC sent out, and when he heard there were a handful of us going to MI ports he was a little bummed out because he wouldn't have changed if he had known there was a chance at getting hired for his first pick that quickly. It seems like it's a crapshoot either way sometimes.....never hurts to ask though, especially if it is a better fit for your situation. Another option would be to re-apply when the vacancy comes out in March....all of your current scores would probably carry over.

Comment

To all the current CBP officers (done with FLETC and already at your POE).. When you got the call, did they offer you a position for the GEO you selected, or did they offer you a position at a GEO you did not select? I'm wondering if there is any chance they'll offer me a position closer to my current geographical location than what I put down for my GEO. Current location compared to selected GEO would have me move from one corner of the country to the other (and the only reason I changed GEO's was at MHC's suggestion twice). If there's a need for CBPOs in Florida, and I've been waiting a while, might I end up being offered the gig in Florida despite being on the list for Maine?

If you have already received the TO for Maine you will not be offered FL or Miami for that matter... Once the new TO is sent out your original certificate date and Geo selection are nullified and out of the system. Miami has been picking up people, but if that was what you wanted you should've stayed with it... if not then Maine it is when your number is up.
                              Best of Luck!
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Good morning everyone!
                                I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful advice and info, especially from Merlin, Yoda, etc...

Oh and I GOT THE CALL for Seattle!!!

It's been a long 3 1/2 years since my TO. I EOD on April 9 and Academy on May 11.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5231 users online. 275 members and 4956 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X