300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scorpio_1 View Post
    I am really curious to know about pre-FLETC. I never knew there was such a thing until I started reading this forum. I have tried to research about it but am not getting anywhere. So any info would be appreciated. Thanks
    Pre-FLETC is basically a 3 week training program to familiarize you with the various aspects of the job and to prepare you for the curriculum at the academy. Kind of a job shadowing period. Of course, if you are like some of us, you might spend 10 weeks at your port before FLETC at which point pre-FLETC becomes a test in how you can find a way to get through 8 hours of doing nothing without losing your mind! And for some, it could be less than 3 weeks if they get into a class earlier than that. There's nothing you need to do to prepare for it....just show and up.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmu2003 View Post
      Pre-FLETC is basically a 3 week training program to familiarize you with the various aspects of the job and to prepare you for the curriculum at the academy. Kind of a job shadowing period. Of course, if you are like some of us, you might spend 10 weeks at your port before FLETC at which point pre-FLETC becomes a test in how you can find a way to get through 8 hours of doing nothing without losing your mind! And for some, it could be less than 3 weeks if they get into a class earlier than that. There's nothing you need to do to prepare for it....just show and up.
      wmu,

PM sent
      EOD: 2/2012
      FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Is there anyone else who took the VBT/SI at San Diego office on January of this year? I did mine on Jan 23 and I haven't get a response. I called them and they said that they were short on staff so they sumbitted my test to Chicago. This waiting time is killing me.
        Last edited by Serfloco; 02-24-2012, 11:42 AM.
        CBPO

GOE SWB
        Wrtten Test: 2011/OCT/11
        NOR: 2011/OCT/21
        PFT1/MED: 2011/DEC/02 PASS
        VBT/SI: 2012/JAN/23 PASS
        Qualifications: Cleared(7)
        Drug Test: 2012/MAY/18 PASS
        BI : In security Office(I met the BI in Jan 2013)
        Polygraph: 2012/DEC/14
        PFT2: ????
        EOD: ?????

Comment

you might spend 10 weeks at your port before FLETC at which point pre-FLETC becomes a test in how you can find a way to get through 8 hours of doing nothing without losing your mind!
          I've started bringing my cell phone charger as my battery dies by 1pm. I can only play so many games or fool around on it while on "standby"

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
            Isn't it the medical and fitness test that is 48 hours notice?
            I had over a two week period to schedule my medical/fitness. waterpistola is right.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the info

Comment

• Hello all, quick question, if I have most of the process for BPA, does it carry over to CBPO? I am currently only awaiting an update of the BI by BPA, the rest is all green on CASS.

Will appreciate any input

Comment

• Originally posted by Serfloco View Post
                  Is there anyone else who took the VBT/SI at San Diego office on January of this year? I did mine on Jan 23 and I haven't get a response. I called them and they said that they were short on staff so they sumbitted my test to Chicago. This waiting time is killing me.
                  Which of the 19348532 numbers did you call?
                  GEO: Midwest
                  Written Exam: 12/10/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                  TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                  VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                  PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                  Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                  BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                  Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                  Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                  Polygraph: 5/11/12
                  Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                  Met with BI: 7/27/12
                  Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                  PFT2: 9/4/12
                  EOD: 9/24/12
                  FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                    Hello all, quick question, if I have most of the process for BPA, does it carry over to CBPO? I am currently only awaiting an update of the BI by BPA, the rest is all green on CASS.

Will appreciate any input
                    Most of it does since they're very closely related agencies or at least it did a few years ago (this question came up on this thread before but I couldn't tell you what page it was on). The one thing that does not carry over is your test score from the BP written test. The CBP written test is different in structure and material.
                    CBP written test Miami, FL
                    11/10/2007
                    NOR letter 01/16/2008
                    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                    9/4/2009
                    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                    never got first)
                    qualifications completed
                    BI interview 9/30/2009
                    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                    poly: Mar 2011
                    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• I have a question. Whenever you do your E-quip and it asks you to go in there. Can you go in there more than once without submitting anything in order to make sure everything is ok or do you only get to submit everything once? thanks in advance

Comment

• Hey dudes,

First post and I realize I am probably asking a question that has been asked over 2.4 million times but i want to know about the CASS process.

I got a letter in the mail which is apparently the TSL. It also already had my dates for the VBT and the SI on it (March 6th).

I passed the 1st fitness exam and I have my medical exam also scheduled on March 6th.

Everything I am reading online says that I should have gotten an email with fingerprint forms as such that need to be filled out for background purposes but I never got one. Maybe I am missing something here?

Any help would be pretty damn cool.

Im am in line for a Buffalo, NY position with a NOR of 104 (with vets pref) if that helps at all

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                          I've started bringing my cell phone charger as my battery dies by 1pm. I can only play so many games or fool around on it while on "standby"
                          I hear that! Today was my last day of sitting around. Heading out to FLETC next week. It is really hard to stay motivated and excited about the job when you are wasting away like that all day. I wish they would've just let me go to the gym or something productive. Plus I had to listen to a lot of complaining from people who worked there which got old fast. FLETC is going to be a dramatic change after all that!

Comment

• Originally posted by jbowen4 View Post
                            Hey dudes,

First post and I realize I am probably asking a question that has been asked over 2.4 million times but i want to know about the CASS process.

I got a letter in the mail which is apparently the TSL. It also already had my dates for the VBT and the SI on it (March 6th).

I passed the 1st fitness exam and I have my medical exam also scheduled on March 6th.

Everything I am reading online says that I should have gotten an email with fingerprint forms as such that need to be filled out for background purposes but I never got one. Maybe I am missing something here?

Im am in line for a Buffalo, NY position with a NOR of 104 (with vets pref) if that helps at all

Thanks!
                            Well, I'm not a dude, but I can give some input
                            First of all, I would ask you what time is your medical and what time is your VBT and SI because you may not want them to be scheduled on the same day. The VBT plus SI can take up to 2 hours and the medical test can take a while as well (although my medical and PFT1 were at the same time so it's a little harder to judge just how long it will take). You definitely don't want to miss one because the other took longer than expected.
                            The order on things isn't always consistent for everyone but if you are ever unsure if you should've received something by now, it doesn't hurt to email the MHC to check. If they haven't sent it out yet, they can tell you that and if they have sent you something that, for whatever reason you didn't receive, they should be able to re-send it.
                            It's always better to check then to get booted out of the process for missing a deadline. You are our own best advocate in the process....with all of the people they deal with, they are not likely to double check to make sure you got anything and you don't want to get dropped for something that wasn't necessarily your fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldomi View Post
                              I have a question. Whenever you do your E-quip and it asks you to go in there. Can you go in there more than once without submitting anything in order to make sure everything is ok or do you only get to submit everything once? thanks in advance
                              Yes, you shoud be able to save your information in eQIP without submitting it - it will not ask you to submit until the very end and you can print a copy of your answers for your records at that point. As a side note, if you every apply for another job that uses the eQIP, it should save (almost) everything that you input previously so that all you have to do is update any changes. I say almost because I had to re-enter some demographic info for a few things but a majority of the info carried over.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbowen4 View Post
                                Hey dudes,

Thanks!
                                i agree with wmu2003. Send them an email and in a way keep bugging until you get a straight answer. I would email them regardign my status adn they would just respond that I would receive further info whenever needed. But I was at a standstill for ever. i passed my physical, medical and vbt/si and everything else had been waiting forever. Well, it turned out that I had had a previos NOR and they had not even noticed that I was in the process again without a TSL. i thought the TSL i has turned in last year was still valid but they said no. So after much inquiring, they sent me the TSL1 on 02/22/2012 and I just received my TSL2-equip today and should be receiving fingerprint cards soon. If I had not kept bothering them i would still be here waiting with my application going nowhere. Which brigns me to the question, how did they not know that I did not have valid TSL1 papers but send me to vbt/si and everything else. dont get me wrong I am glad they did and i have that over with. But if they had known maybe Iwould alreadybe much closer to having an EOD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8152 users online. 259 members and 7893 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X