300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scorpio_1 View Post
    SFdude: Thank you for the info. What is up with the 90 day wait? Is that when you can get re-tested? I found a reputable surgeon. Hope to get in ASAP. What was recovery like?
    Yeah 90 day post op then retest with your surgeon. I had to take lotta eyes drops all day for a week. Wear googles at night like Kareem Abdul Jabarr,,thats it. Where do you live?
    CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
    NOR passed 1/25/11
    Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
    Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
    PFT1 12/15/11
    VBT/SI 1/26/12
    VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
    LASIK surgery 1/31/12
    Met BI investigator 3/13/12
    Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
    Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
      Yeah 90 day post op then retest with your surgeon. I had to take lotta eyes drops all day for a week. Wear googles at night like Kareem Abdul Jabarr,,thats it. Where do you live?
      SFdude: I live in Seattle. Another question, lol. So when you sent the paperwork back did you just mark that surgery was done and need to be re-rested? Trying to make sense of all this!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Currently, the regular GS table.

I'll throw this out because chances are somebody has either read about it...or on the off-hand chance it actually gets implemented anytime soon...CBP has an active plan out there to reform pay for both OBP and OFO. On the OFO side, two of the changes would be LEAP for middle and upper management and changes toward defining CBPOs as 'LEOs'...which would move any CBPO at the GS-10 or below
        pay grade to the GL pay scale.
        whats OBP and OFO?
        EOD: 2/2012
        FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
          whats OBP and OFO?
          OBP = Office of Border Patrol
          OFO = Office of Field Operations

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
            whats OBP and OFO?
            OBP= green guys
            OFO= blue guys
            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
              So you used "illegal drugs" two years ago? Sounds like you might be "screwed" anyway. Don't shoot the messanger but...It might be hard to get into an any LE career at this point. Not many agencies will hire someone with recent illicet drug use. And I mean VERY light use. And two years is very recent. But maybe you will get lucky. Good luck.
              Thanks man. I know for CIA and other Intelligence Agencies it's as long as drug use was not withing 12 months it won't be a big problem. Anyways, I sent my letter in today saying I made a mistake on the application. We'll see what happens. For anyone else that is considering applying please read the questions carefully.

Comment

• Hey! Thanks for the positive words. Unfortunately, I didn't chose northern NY as a locale; I had chosen St. Thomas, USVI. Ironically, when I took the test under the announcement that I did in 2008, St. Thomas was listed as a "dire needs" location. Go figure! Anyway, thanks again and hope all is well with you!

Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                Gbeck,

Hang in there bud. Two more people were just hired for Northern New York. I will not disclose their locations or who got hired but the numbers are moving. You have to be one of the next ones brother! Hang in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                  Hey all... am I the only 2008 tester out there? I tested in 2008, recently had to do my BI and all that all over again for the 2nd time because it expired and just got all the green checks again. 4 years it has been... is it plausible to assume I'll be in TSU for, uh, a 5th year?
                  No, you're not. See my signature below. My checks aren't all green yet on CASS. The investigator told me he would be submitting his report in mid January, so I'm going to give them a few more days, then email them to see what the deal is. CASS says my case is still in the security office and that they might not have received all my forms and might contact me if they need anything else from me (everything else is green).
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                    Also, if you get called for EOD with a few options and none of them appeal to you, can you defer and go back into the pool?
                    As far as I know, once you decline the offer they put in front of you, you are out of the pool for that vacancy. I applied to CBP back in 2007 and they made an offer to me in 2008 and I did not want to go to either location they presented at that time. The person I spoke to was very clear that if I did not accept one of the two choices presented that I would be removed from the list of potential candidates. I then had to re-apply once a new vacancy was posted.

Comment

• I submitted my eqip two weeks ago and CASS says they have not received my forms. Anyone know how long it takes for them to receive it? Is this normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine85 View Post
                        Thanks man. I know for CIA and other Intelligence Agencies it's as long as drug use was not withing 12 months it won't be a big problem. Anyways, I sent my letter in today saying I made a mistake on the application. We'll see what happens. For anyone else that is considering applying please read the questions carefully.
                        I had something similar happen to me. I applied in 12/2010 and when I went back to look at my app it said that I stated I had done drugs in the last 36 months! I contacted them, told them it was an error and they said they could not change it but not worry that it would not disqualify me. I reapplied for SWB in 7/2011 and this time I made sure I answered the questions correctly. I was very careful and guess what it says the same thing again!!! I don't understand how that can happen!! I know I didn’t make that mistake twice. I would still like it removed but I ended up getting a TSL so maybe there is still hope for u! Good Luck!
                        Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                        Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                        TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                        PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                        Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                        VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                        B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                        Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                        Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                        PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpio_1 View Post
                          I submitted my eqip two weeks ago and CASS says they have not received my forms. Anyone know how long it takes for them to receive it? Is this normal?
                          It's normal,no reasons to worry,I submitted mine back in November and my CASS still saying the same thing,if you want to be sure you can write them an email.The only reason you have to start to be worry if your background investigation hasn't been initiated.

Comment

• Like Americoza said, it's normal. Just for peace of mind, email them. They will give you the down low.....
                            BPA
                            BPA test date: 8/21/10
                            TSU: 2/6/12
                            EOD: ???

CBPO
                            Got the call!
                            PFT2: 3/23
                            EOD: 4/9
                            FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• I read on another forum that a guy got "the call" this afternoon for AZ port.
                              Good thing is that they are calling, right?....LoL
                              BPA
                              BPA test date: 8/21/10
                              TSU: 2/6/12
                              EOD: ???

CBPO
                              Got the call!
                              PFT2: 3/23
                              EOD: 4/9
                              FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                                It's normal,no reasons to worry,I submitted mine back in November and my CASS still saying the same thing,if you want to be sure you can write them an email.The only reason you have to start to be worry if your background investigation hasn't been initiated.
                                The answers you provide in the e-qip are the questions that are asked during your background investigation among other things, in addition to the 8 pages you are asked to fill out by hand and either upload via SFTP or fax in. The fingerprint cards are pretty much the only thing they want analog (old school, ink on paper) and mailed in.

There's no check mark in CASS specifically for the eqip. After you meet with the investigator, and they review your eqip answers and the other forms (Lautenberg, etc), and your neighbors/references are questioned, and the investigator submits their report, that is when everything is released to Internal Affairs who then gives it a once over and approves or rejects any part of it. Am I about right on this Merlin or Yoda?

Now.. The other thing to keep in mind.. Lately something has been wrong with eqip. It saved my answers from the first time I filled it out, and when I went back this time (a few months ago) to 'update' my answers, some of the things I had previously filled out were blank and had to be filled out again (school, employment history, birth/death of immediate relatives, etc). When the investigator met me, he showed me my eqip answers and I know with 100% certainty that I did not list my parents as deceased, yet eqip recorded my answers as them being deceased. My employment history had also been garbled up somewhere and I needed to clarify that during the sit down.

As far as the forms go, I uploaded all 8 via SFTP (prior to the 2nd BI), triple checked everything that the scanner saved my scans as separate PDFs, that I gave each file a name DHS would recognize, uploaded all of them, yet during the investigation, the investigator told me 3 of them printed out as blank pages (ie just the form with no answers filled in). I told him I had filled out everything and he said he'll need to check with another department to see what happened. Eventually my scans/uploads turned up and the investigator brought them by for me to review.

So, moral of the story, the recruiting process isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination and therefore don't assume anything, ever. Like Malcolm X told Aldus Huxley, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." If you don't hear anything after a few months about a particular part of the process, send MHC an email. Some people are lucky and don't have any hiccups, some people take forever to clear everything. And just because you clear once, that doesn't mean the process is over. Even if you're in FLETC (or back at your POE after FLETC), it still isn't over and you'll get a call to be scheduled for another BI, regardless of how long ago or how recently you cleared your first BI.
                                Once you're done with FLETC and your second BI, you can relax for 5 years. After 5 years, expect another BI.
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17547 users online. 534 members and 17013 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X