300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    Ok, I have so many questions right now. I just received my TSL on the 16th last week. I never got an "eqip" or w/e you call it. All i got was an Email saying that I was tentatively selected along with two attachments including a bunch of forms I had to fax over.

Now here is the first question: Don't they usually narrow down the possible locations for the SWB when they give you your TO? There was no mention of any locations on my TO. It just told me to refer to my NOR.

Second, I'm trying to finish my last semester. Is there anyone here who has gone through the process recently? From TO to EOD how long does it usually take? On one of the letters it says that the BI could take from 4 to 5 months. Does that mean that I will be waiting at least for 4 months until my EOD? I would like to finish my BS!

Third, I faxed all the papers over but the fax machine I used doesn't provide a conformation for the reception of the documents I sent. Do they usually call or Email to confirm that they received the documents?

Fourth, what does the EQip consist of and what other documents usually come along with it?

Lastly, I am not on CASS!! How often and when does CASS get updated??
    You should receive your e-QIP email very soon along with fingerprint forms via mail.
    Usually they shoot you a confirmation e-mail that they receive forms,but if they were filled out incorrectly you won't here anything,so for an instatnt -if 2 months elapsed and your caas still not updated and your investigation hasn't been started,you'd better send them an e-mail,they respond the same they and pretty helpfull.
    Regarding to your port,mine stated that it could be in CA,AZ,TX or New Mexico.
    Your BI process depends on how complicated your history is,if you worked all your life at one or two jobs,have no relatives overseas,have no relation with people whom are not citizens,etc,then it should be easy and fast.Keep in mind that CBP BI is very rigorous,they actually are going to meet every person you mentioned on your e-qip plus they go and talk in person with your present and past employer,co-workers.Hope it helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
      You should receive your e-QIP email very soon along with fingerprint forms via mail.
      Usually they shoot you a confirmation e-mail that they receive forms,but if they were filled out incorrectly you won't here anything,so for an instatnt -if 2 months elapsed and your caas still not updated and your investigation hasn't been started,you'd better send them an e-mail,they respond the same they and pretty helpfull.
      Regarding to your port,mine stated that it could be in CA,AZ,TX or New Mexico.
      Your BI process depends on how complicated your history is,if you worked all your life at one or two jobs,have no relatives overseas,have no relation with people whom are not citizens,etc,then it should be easy and fast.Keep in mind that CBP BI is very rigorous,they actually are going to meet every person you mentioned on your e-qip plus they go and talk in person with your present and past employer,co-workers.Hope it helps.
      Yes, this does help!!! Thank you! I called them twice already to see if they received the faxed forms but still no answer. I will email them now. BTW, isn't CA,AZ,TX or New Mexico the WHOLE of the SWB?
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
        Yes, this does help!!! Thank you! I called them twice already to see if they received the faxed forms but still no answer. I will email them now. BTW, isn't CA,AZ,TX or New Mexico the WHOLE of the SWB?
        an e-mail works better than a phone call/according to my experience/.CA<AZ,TX and New Mexico -are entire SWB,but it is what it is,they won't specify where exactly you will be assigned to until your EOD.
        Here is a tip-make sure from now on check your email spam box,if one of those e-mails were directed to your spam allow the sender so you don't have to worry about missing those important e-mails,keep in mind that every devision has a different e-mail address,keep an eye on your spam box constantly.
        Last edited by Americoza; 02-20-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• NEED SOME HELP
          I am currently in the hiring process for BPA, CBPO, and my dream job SA with ICE. I am also currently serving in a federal law enforcement position. However, this position is choking the life out of me. The position is incredibly invalidating and overall just a joke as a "law enforcement" position. Dont get me wrong, the agency is fine...I've worked at another location that was great. However, this one is awful.

So here is my question: I've been offered a position by the local municipal department. It would be doing proactive L/E, higher pay, much more learning & growing as an officer, and a much better overall department. I've been waiting and just holding my breath, until I am picked up by one of my top 3. However, I really feel like I cannot wait much longer. I am currently done with all of the steps for hiring...my BI is in the security office. If I change to this local department, will it mess with me getting on to one of these other top 3 agencies? Will it require me updating, and thereby prolonging, my BI? Will the fact that I am no longer in a FEDERAL position cause me to lose some sort of position or favor in being picked up?

Anyone with any solid info, please help out. I can theorize just as good as the rest or us here. But I'm hoping for some solid info that might help out. Any previous examples/experience?

Thank you in advance for your help.
          Last edited by Verve10; 02-20-2012, 11:24 AM.
          CBPO
          Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
            NEED SOME HELP
            I am currently in the hiring process for BPA, CBPO, and my dream job SA with ICE. I am also currently serving in a federal law enforcement position. However, this position is choking the life out of me. The position is incredibly invalidating and overall just a joke as a "law enforcement" position. Dont get me wrong, the agency is fine...I've worked at another location that was great. However, this one is awful.

So here is my question: I've been offered a position by the local municipal department. It would be doing proactive L/E, higher pay, much more learning & growing as an officer, and a much better overall department. I've been waiting and just holding my breath, until I am picked up by one of my top 3. However, I really feel like I cannot wait much longer. I am currently done with all of the steps for hiring...my BI is in the security office. If I change to this local department, will it mess with me getting on to one of these other top 3 agencies? Will it require me updating, and thereby prolonging, my BI? Will the fact that I am no longer in a FEDERAL position cause me to lose some sort of position or favor in being picked up?

Anyone with any solid info, please help out. I can theorize just as good as the rest or us here. But I'm hoping for some solid info that might help out. Any previous examples/experience?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Well...it would definitely effect your retirement. The time spent local would not be part of your federal retirement.

Best guess...it'll effect your BI. If it doesn't catch up to you this go-around, it'll show on your 5-year redo. Another guess...It might affect your SCD date as well. Depending on how valuable seniority becomes for you, that might become noticeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpio_1 View Post
              This is my first post, but have followed this forum for a while. I have had my VBT, PFT 1, medical exam and submitted eqip. I received a letter saying I don't meet the vision requirements and need to be retested. I know I am not going to pass. I have seen people talk about getting lasik surgery done, which I am willing to do. What's the process? Do you get in done with the 30 day time frame your given??? Any info would help. Thanks!!
              I was on the fence whether or not I would pass the vision. Luckily, I did. If I didn't, I was going to do "Ortho-K" instead of Lasik. My best friend is an eye doctor and she told me about this. "Ortho-K" consists of sleeping in hard contacts, which reshape your eyes. When you wake up, your vision is near perfect. Lasik has been great for many people, but I do not trust anything that hasn't been tested long-term. Might want to find someone in your area who specializes in it. It will run you about $1500, but at least you know your eyes won't be permanently "cut" from Lasik!
              GEO: Midwest
              Written Exam: 12/10/10
              NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
              TO/TSL: 1/9/12
              VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
              PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
              Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
              BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
              Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
              Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
              Polygraph: 5/11/12
              Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
              Met with BI: 7/27/12
              Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
              PFT2: 9/4/12
              EOD: 9/24/12
              FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Hey all... am I the only 2008 tester out there? I tested in 2008, recently had to do my BI and all that all over again for the 2nd time because it expired and just got all the green checks again. 4 years it has been... is it plausible to assume I'll be in TSU for, uh, a 5th year?

Comment

• Gbeck,

Hang in there bud. Two more people were just hired for Northern New York. I will not disclose their locations or who got hired but the numbers are moving. You have to be one of the next ones brother! Hang in there.

Comment

• Does CBP officers get paid LEAP? I tried looking for the information, however, I could not find anything on it. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                      Does CBP officers get paid LEAP? I tried looking for the information, however, I could not find anything on it. Thanks.
                      CBP officers do not get paid LEAP. CBP officers overtime system is COPRA (Customs Officers Pay Reform Act).

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
                        i can't use it during FLETC, right? I called the VA and one lady said yes. then i called right back to ask how much would it be and then a different lady told me that i couldn't use it while in FLETC. she didn't see it as being approved by the VA. I can never get a straight answer from these people.
                        Some people at the VA are idiots. you can use it. When you get to your port the people there should have experience signing people up and getting all the paperwork done.
                        CBPO
                        TO - 05/08 JFK
                        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          CBP officers do not get paid LEAP. CBP officers overtime system is COPRA (Customs Officers Pay Reform Act).

FB
                          Ok, this has probably been answered...what pay table do they go off of? the Law Enforcement table or general GS table?

Also, if you get called for EOD with a few options and none of them appeal to you, can you defer and go back into the pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                            Some people at the VA are idiots.
                            lol. thanks for the help
                            EOD: 2/2012
                            FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                              Ok, this has probably been answered...what pay table do they go off of? the Law Enforcement table or general GS table?

Also, if you get called for EOD with a few options and none of them appeal to you, can you defer and go back into the pool?
                              http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/RUS.asp
                              EOD: 2/2012
                              FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post

Currently, the regular GS table.

I'll throw this out because chances are somebody has either read about it...or on the off-hand chance it actually gets implemented anytime soon...CBP has an active plan out there to reform pay for both OBP and OFO. On the OFO side, two of the changes would be LEAP for middle and upper management and changes toward defining CBPOs as 'LEOs'...which would move any CBPO at the GS-10 or below pay grade to the GL pay scale.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3978 users online. 259 members and 3719 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X