Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b
    Originally posted by krazzed View Post
    hey Americoza, do you know the e-mail where we can contact the investigation people?
    try this one :[email protected] 202-344-2690
    regarding e-qip [email protected]
    Last edited by Americoza; 02-18-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hardworker View Post
      The CBP Officer FAQ says: The SI is experience-based in nature, which means that you will be asked to describe past experiences related to different competencies that are critical to success as a CBP Officer (i.e., Teamwork, Flexibility, Cross-Cultural Communication, and Integrity). Im fine about all of them but FLEXIBILITY : ( ?????. Can someone give me a hint about what kind of FLEXIBILITY they are talking about?
      Just think about what it would mean if your boss asks you if you can be flexible in what you are asked to do at work......kind of goes along with teamwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
        We heard about the vacancy announcement coming up soon as well. We were told it won't be on usajobs though, rather cbp's site.

My port took 3.5 years to get into, so when I see new applicants coming in for their VBT a few times each week, I smile.
        It shoud be on both.....typically when it appears on the CBP site, it redirects you to USA Jobs for the application process.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmu2003 View Post
          It shoud be on both.....typically when it appears on the CBP site, it redirects you to USA Jobs for the application process.
          Does anyone have any idea when it will be announced?

Comment

• Drifting and wmu2003, thank you for your answer. : )

Comment

• Ok, I have so many questions right now. I just received my TSL on the 16th last week. I never got an "eqip" or w/e you call it. All i got was an Email saying that I was tentatively selected along with two attachments including a bunch of forms I had to fax over.

Now here is the first question: Don't they usually narrow down the possible locations for the SWB when they give you your TO? There was no mention of any locations on my TO. It just told me to refer to my NOR.

Second, I'm trying to finish my last semester. Is there anyone here who has gone through the process recently? From TO to EOD how long does it usually take? On one of the letters it says that the BI could take from 4 to 5 months. Does that mean that I will be waiting at least for 4 months until my EOD? I would like to finish my BS!

Third, I faxed all the papers over but the fax machine I used doesn't provide a conformation for the reception of the documents I sent. Do they usually call or Email to confirm that they received the documents?

Fourth, what does the EQip consist of and what other documents usually come along with it?

Lastly, I am not on CASS!! How often and when does CASS get updated??
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                Fourth, what does the EQip consist of and what other documents usually come along with it?
                Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing. It's electronic. It's not a "document" per se. You will have instructions on logging into it in your TO emails.
                Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing. It's electronic. It's not a "document" per se. You will have instructions on logging into it in your TO emails.
                  When do I get an Eqip though? Does Eqip have to do with CASS? I didn't get any instructions regarding it in my TO emails...
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    When do I get an Eqip though? Does Eqip have to do with CASS? I didn't get any instructions regarding it in my TO emails...
                    You don't "get" an eQIP. You log into eQIP. TSLs contain information regarding that.

CASS has nothing to do with anything.
                    Gek.

Comment

• This is my first post, but have followed this forum for a while. I have had my VBT, PFT 1, medical exam and submitted eqip. I received a letter saying I don't meet the vision requirements and need to be retested. I know I am not going to pass. I have seen people talk about getting lasik surgery done, which I am willing to do. What's the process? Do you get in done with the 30 day time frame your given??? Any info would help. Thanks!!

Written exam: 8/29/11
                      NOR: 9/29/11
                      VBT: 1/17/12
                      PFT 1 and medical: 1/24/12
                      Eqip: 2/06/12
                      Last edited by scorpio_1; 02-19-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• I feel like an idiot now. Apparently I screwed up my online app by saying I have used illegal drugs within 12 months prior to submitting the online application. I got an email the other day stating that I was Tentatively Selected but since I marked down I have used illegal drugs they won't process me any further. Unless I send a letter in stating that it was an error. So I am sending the letter out tomorrow. Am I screwed because I put down the wrong information on my application. I have not used illegal drugs in the last 24 months plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine85 View Post
                          I feel like an idiot now. Apparently I screwed up my online app by saying I have used illegal drugs within 12 months prior to submitting the online application. I got an email the other day stating that I was Tentatively Selected but since I marked down I have used illegal drugs they won't process me any further. Unless I send a letter in stating that it was an error. So I am sending the letter out tomorrow. Am I screwed because I put down the wrong information on my application. I have not used illegal drugs in the last 24 months plus.
                          So you used "illegal drugs" two years ago? Sounds like you might be "screwed" anyway. Don't shoot the messanger but...It might be hard to get into an any LE career at this point. Not many agencies will hire someone with recent illicet drug use. And I mean VERY light use. And two years is very recent. But maybe you will get lucky. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpio_1 View Post
                            This is my first post, but have followed this forum for a while. I have had my VBT, PFT 1, medical exam and submitted eqip. I received a letter saying I don't meet the vision requirements and need to be retested. I know I am not going to pass. I have seen people talk about getting lasik surgery done, which I am willing to do. What's the process? Do you get in done with the 30 day time frame your given??? Any info would help. Thanks!!

I just had LASIK on 1/31/ it was fast,easy and PAINLESS. Went in week before and was lucky to get a date 3 days before dead line. Just check out the LASIK doctors that have good reviews. I wouldn't go for the cheapest deal because its your eyes your messing with. I know of a guy who got it for 3k and his eyes freakin hurt during surgery. ouch. Now I just have to wait 90 days. I feel like a cyborg now.lol Now I can see paint drying in slow motion.

Written exam: 8/29/11
                            NOR: 9/29/11
                            VBT: 1/17/12
                            PFT 1 and medical: 1/24/12
                            Eqip: 2/06/12
                            CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                            NOR passed 1/25/11
                            Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                            Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                            PFT1 12/15/11
                            VBT/SI 1/26/12
                            VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                            LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                            Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                            Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                            Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• SFdude: Thank you for the info. What is up with the 90 day wait? Is that when you can get re-tested? I found a reputable surgeon. Hope to get in ASAP. What was recovery like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                                You don't "get" an eQIP. You log into eQIP. TSLs contain information regarding that.

CASS has nothing to do with anything.
                                I think they have changed the process. I got my TSL and read nothing about an Eqip yet. Hopefully it will come in the next packets.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6134 users online. 452 members and 5682 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X