300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
    Been married 15 yrs and have 2 daughters (12 & 10). I do have to credit my work hours though and work place(work on base, gym within walking distance). I work a 12-9 shift, so that allows me to get the kiddos ready in the morning for school, get a quick workout session, go to work, workout session during my lunch break at 5pm, get home in time to hangout with my kids before they go to bed. Rinse, lather, repeat....LoL
    Wow! more props to you. I only have one babybut she is 2 and she still depends pretty much on her mommy. You are committed because that schedule seems pretty packed and you still manage to get your workout in. Hope it all pays off soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by ldomi View Post
      Wow! more props to you. I only have one babybut she is 2 and she still depends pretty much on her mommy. You are committed because that schedule seems pretty packed and you still manage to get your workout in. Hope it all pays off soon!
      I completely understand, as much as us fathers like to say that they favor us over mommy, mommy is the "mero mero"! LoL...
      As far as working out, once you make it a habit, it's on like Donkey Kong! I even drag my wife out with me in the mornings on her days off. She kicks my butt at running though...
      BPA
      BPA test date: 8/21/10
      TSU: 2/6/12
      EOD: ???

CBPO
      Got the call!
      PFT2: 3/23
      EOD: 4/9
      FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• We heard about the vacancy announcement coming up soon as well. We were told it won't be on usajobs though, rather cbp's site.

My port took 3.5 years to get into, so when I see new applicants coming in for their VBT a few times each week, I smile.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
          We heard about the vacancy announcement coming up soon as well. We were told it won't be on usajobs though, rather cbp's site.

My port took 3.5 years to get into, so when I see new applicants coming in for their VBT a few times each week, I smile.
          What port are you at?

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
            You'll get instructions during the VBT. But pretty much they are as follows:

You are shown videos. You pretend to be at the scene and respond as if you are on the scene. Your response/reaction is recorded on video and later reviewed, and you either pass or fail.

Some other videos might show a scenario, but you will be asked to explain what your answer would be and why you would give that answer. Ie. "What you would say in this situation and explain why you would say that".

Say at the airport, a 10 kg bag of coke falls out of someone's bag, along with 5oz of weed and a bunch of pills with smiley faces on them as they are walking by you by at the baggage claim. What would you tell this person and why?
            Thank you for the information.
            Geo: West Coast (formally SFO/OAK)
            exam date : 12/14/2010
            NOR: 02/01/2011
            TO/TSL: 01/09/2012
            PFT-1 : 2/9/2012 (passed)
            Med: 2/22/2012 (pending result)
            VBT/SI: 3/2/2012 (pending result)

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
              So i just got a call to have my medical done next week on 2/22 i took my pft1 on 2/15 where i cranked out 54 pushups in 60 seconds lol. Looks like the process is moving along nicely because it was on standstill for over a year especially since i maintained my location to metro detroit.
              yeah! like to see things moving outside SWB. I understand there will be at least another year wait for me, but at least a step closer.
              Geo: West Coast (formally SFO/OAK)
              exam date : 12/14/2010
              NOR: 02/01/2011
              TO/TSL: 01/09/2012
              PFT-1 : 2/9/2012 (passed)
              Med: 2/22/2012 (pending result)
              VBT/SI: 3/2/2012 (pending result)

Comment

• Originally posted by krazzed View Post
                Does anyone know how long it takes for the BI to contact you? It's been 4 months since I submitted my EQip.
                I would suggest you to write an e-mail and ask what's going on, it says that they will contact you if there is an error but they won't.I had the same issue.

Comment

You'll get instructions during the VBT. But pretty much they are as follows:

You are shown videos. You pretend to be at the scene and respond as if you are on the scene. Your response/reaction is recorded on video and later reviewed, and you either pass or fail.

Some other videos might show a scenario, but you will be asked to explain what your answer would be and why you would give that answer. Ie. "What you would say in this situation and explain why you would say that".

Say at the airport, a 10 kg bag of coke falls out of someone's bag, along with 5oz of weed and a bunch of pills with smiley faces on them as they are walking by you by at the baggage claim. What would you tell this person and why?
                  ummm... did you not the sign disclosure form??
                  EOD: 2/2012
                  FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

When I wrote that yesterday I thought I had seen a site where you could enter your info and get your naturalization number, but after looking for it I couldn't find it.

If your relative contacts the courthouse where he did the naturalization, they should be able to give him the info he needs. In the case of my parents, they both had their naturalization done at different times, in different cities/states but my pops was able to find their naturalization numbers. :/

Ask him to contact the courthouse he got naturalized at.
                    Sup Sandwichman, thanks for the great advice. Actually our pops passed away like 6 years ago so no way of asking where the court is. My brother was like 10 when he came so he has no recollection. Trying to see if a family member has my dads belongings, but its a long shot.
                    CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                    NOR passed 1/25/11
                    Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                    Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                    PFT1 12/15/11
                    VBT/SI 1/26/12
                    VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                    LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                    Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                    Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                    Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                      So i just got a call to have my medical done next week on 2/22 i took my pft1 on 2/15 where i cranked out 54 pushups in 60 seconds lol. Looks like the process is moving along nicely because it was on standstill for over a year especially since i maintained my location to metro detroit.
                      Nice job. I cranked out 64 pushups to offset my horrible abs.lol Process picks up after the pft1.
                      good luck!
                      CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                      NOR passed 1/25/11
                      Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                      Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                      PFT1 12/15/11
                      VBT/SI 1/26/12
                      VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                      LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                      Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                      Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                      Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• The CBP Officer FAQ says: The SI is experience-based in nature, which means that you will be asked to describe past experiences related to different competencies that are critical to success as a CBP Officer (i.e., Teamwork, Flexibility, Cross-Cultural Communication, and Integrity). Im fine about all of them but FLEXIBILITY : ( ?????. Can someone give me a hint about what kind of FLEXIBILITY they are talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by hardworker View Post
                          Im fine about all of them but FLEXIBILITY : ( ?????. Can someone give me a hint about what kind of FLEXIBILITY they are talking about?
                          They want to see how well you can touch your toes to make it easier for Border Patrol management to take advantage of you and to make sure you can touch your head to your rear so they can train you to put your head up it.

flex·i·ble   [flek-suh-buhl]
                          adjective
                          1. capable of being bent, usually without breaking; easily bent: a flexible ruler.
                          2. susceptible of modification or adaptation; adaptable: a flexible schedule.
                          3. willing or disposed to yield; pliable: a flexible personality.
                          Gek.

Comment

• hey Americoza, do you know the e-mail where we can contact the investigation people?
                            Tested 08/11 with NOR of 98 no vet points
                            Switched to SW - 10/11
                            TSL - 10/11
                            VBT/SI - 10/11 - Passed
                            Medical/PFT1 - 11/11 - Passed
                            Drug test - 12/11 - Passed
                            Background - In security office
                            Qualifications - passed 3/12

Comment

• Sadly, with the directions Aguilar seems to be pushing things toward, we all might need that level of flexibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                                Yes you can use it. You can use either the Ch 33 or Post 9/11 OJT programs. You will get to use 12 months for CBP training. I signed up for OJT payments under Post 9/11 and it has been approved, now Im just waiting on the first payment. Its been about 6 weeks since I submitted all the paperwork. There 2 others at my port using it and several others down here as well.
                                i can't use it during FLETC, right? I called the VA and one lady said yes. then i called right back to ask how much would it be and then a different lady told me that i couldn't use it while in FLETC. she didn't see it as being approved by the VA. I can never get a straight answer from these people.
                                EOD: 2/2012
                                FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11520 users online. 279 members and 11241 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X