Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Really, what website or public access system is available to look up Naturalization certificate numbers?

    FB

    Comment


    • 4 yrs waiting maybe i'll get the call on my 5th year
      Last edited by 2g2gn; 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM.

      Comment


      • Sounds great...
        Last edited by lckyl16; 02-16-2012, 04:11 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by wmu2003 View Post
          CBP is planning to post another CBPO vacancy in a month or so. Not sure for what locations or if it will be national but there should be more testing coming as a result. It still can be a long wait once you get your application in depending on funding and hiring needs, but at least it's a start.
          Sounds great...Thats good news. Too bad I declined my EOD date (Dec 23, 2011), CBPO for Nogales,AZ for a local state gig (job offers came the same week-kinda had my head in the bucket at the time). If I ever get a job offer again for CBP, there is no doubt that I will take it. I made one mistake not taking it. Not making another. At least my VBT is good for 3 years (Until 2014). Anyone else here decline CBP for something local?

          Comment


          • DSgirlCA, sent you an email....
            BPA
            BPA test date: 8/21/10
            TSU: 2/6/12
            EOD: ???

            CBPO
            Got the call!
            PFT2: 3/23
            EOD: 4/9
            FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
              Your relative should be able to look up his naturalization number the same way people can look up their selective service registration. If he's an illegal.. well, he might have different problems as a result of you applying with la migra. Either way, they want to make sure you don't have loyalties to other countries or nationals of other countries.

              Oh yeah, and they don't actually investigate anything. For the most part, all they do is verify. The BI isn't really a BI, its more of a BV (background verification). You provide info, and they check to see if its true or pans out. In other words, whatever you wrote on your SF86 and e-Quip, is what is asked of all your references. While the questions are being answered by all your references, they take notes, then compare the answers to each other and to what you provided to see if the picture they get of you is the same from all angles. If it is, you pass the BI. Simple as that.
              im pretty sure he's legal(lol). He played college sports and is well known in a big city but who knows.lol I wish he could look it up. thanks for the insight. good luck.
              CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
              NOR passed 1/25/11
              Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
              Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
              PFT1 12/15/11
              VBT/SI 1/26/12
              VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
              LASIK surgery 1/31/12
              Met BI investigator 3/13/12
              Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
              Drug test 7/18/12

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                im pretty sure he's legal(lol). He played college sports and is well known in a big city but who knows.lol I wish he could look it up. thanks for the insight. good luck.
                When I wrote that yesterday I thought I had seen a site where you could enter your info and get your naturalization number, but after looking for it I couldn't find it.

                If your relative contacts the courthouse where he did the naturalization, they should be able to give him the info he needs. In the case of my parents, they both had their naturalization done at different times, in different cities/states but my pops was able to find their naturalization numbers. :/

                Ask him to contact the courthouse he got naturalized at.
                CBP written test Miami, FL
                11/10/2007
                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                9/4/2009
                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                never got first)
                qualifications completed
                BI interview 9/30/2009
                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                poly: Mar 2011
                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

                Comment


                • Hello guys,
                  Just a little update. I passed the VBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my notice today and I took it 02/06/12.I just received the TSL2 . Thanks to all for your input and you advice . Greatly appreciated. !!!!!
                  CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                  NOR: 08/30/11
                  TSL1: 12/12/11
                  MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                  VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                  TSL2: 02/17/12
                  BI: in security office 03/06/12
                  QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                  DRUG TEST: PENDING

                  ------------------
                  BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                  NOR: 10/21/11

                  Comment


                  • I am scheduled for VBT next month. I still don't understand the VBT process after reading VBT material. Do I respond or react like a live situation during the video, or answer questions after the video?
                    Geo: West Coast (formally SFO/OAK)
                    exam date : 12/14/2010
                    NOR: 02/01/2011
                    TO/TSL: 01/09/2012
                    PFT-1 : 2/9/2012 (passed)
                    Med: 2/22/2012 (pending result)
                    VBT/SI: 3/2/2012 (pending result)

                    Comment


                    • So i just got a call to have my medical done next week on 2/22 i took my pft1 on 2/15 where i cranked out 54 pushups in 60 seconds lol. Looks like the process is moving along nicely because it was on standstill for over a year especially since i maintained my location to metro detroit.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                        Hello guys,
                        Just a little update. I passed the VBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my notice today and I took it 02/06/12.I just received the TSL2 . Thanks to all for your input and you advice . Greatly appreciated. !!!!!
                        How did you receive your tsl2? By mail, email? Just wonderign because I passed my VBT/SI and still have not heard anything. There are others that already did their E-Quip and I haven't. Congratulations on passing the VBT!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hoicho View Post
                          I am scheduled for VBT next month. I still don't understand the VBT process after reading VBT material. Do I respond or react like a live situation during the video, or answer questions after the video?
                          You'll get instructions during the VBT. But pretty much they are as follows:

                          You are shown videos. You pretend to be at the scene and respond as if you are on the scene. Your response/reaction is recorded on video and later reviewed, and you either pass or fail.

                          Some other videos might show a scenario, but you will be asked to explain what your answer would be and why you would give that answer. Ie. "What you would say in this situation and explain why you would say that".

                          Say at the airport, a 10 kg bag of coke falls out of someone's bag, along with 5oz of weed and a bunch of pills with smiley faces on them as they are walking by you by at the baggage claim. What would you tell this person and why?
                          Last edited by sandwichman; 02-17-2012, 10:43 AM.
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ldomi View Post
                            How did you receive your tsl2? By mail, email? Just wonderign because I passed my VBT/SI and still have not heard anything. There are others that already did their E-Quip and I haven't. Congratulations on passing the VBT!

                            Thanks!! Via Email . I would email MHC
                            CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                            NOR: 08/30/11
                            TSL1: 12/12/11
                            MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                            VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                            TSL2: 02/17/12
                            BI: in security office 03/06/12
                            QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                            DRUG TEST: PENDING

                            ------------------
                            BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                            NOR: 10/21/11

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                              You'll get instructions during the VBT. But pretty much they are as follows:

                              You are shown videos. You pretend to be at the scene and respond as if you are on the scene. Your response/reaction is recorded on video and later reviewed, and you either pass or fail.

                              Some other videos might show a scenario, but you will be asked to explain what your answer would be and why you would give that answer. Ie. "What you would say in this situation and explain why you would say that".

                              Say at the airport, a 10 kg bag of coke falls out of someone's bag, along with 5oz of weed and a bunch of pills with smiley faces on them as they are walking by you by at the baggage claim. What would you tell this person and why?


                              This is EXACTLY how it works. Good Luck !
                              CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                              NOR: 08/30/11
                              TSL1: 12/12/11
                              MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                              VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                              TSL2: 02/17/12
                              BI: in security office 03/06/12
                              QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                              DRUG TEST: PENDING

                              ------------------
                              BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                              NOR: 10/21/11

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                                Thanks!! Via Email . I would email MHC
                                thank you for the info.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6565 users online. 444 members and 6121 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X