300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
    I got a letter in the mail the other day "updating me on my status in the process" and it said I qualify for the GS07 level whoop whoop!
    that letter means your qualifications should be checked off now in CASS
    CBPO
    Geo - West Coast
    Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
    NOR - 4/2/12
    TSL - 6/12/12
    PFT1 - green
    BI -
    Quals -
    VBT/SI - green
    Drug Screen - green

Comment

• When is the next test for CBPO-any idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by ldomi View Post
        wow! that is amazing. But when you have a family it's hard to get so much time in there for working out. So, take advantage since you can.
        Been married 15 yrs and have 2 daughters (12 & 10). I do have to credit my work hours though and work place(work on base, gym within walking distance). I work a 12-9 shift, so that allows me to get the kiddos ready in the morning for school, get a quick workout session, go to work, workout session during my lunch break at 5pm, get home in time to hangout with my kids before they go to bed. Rinse, lather, repeat....LoL
        BPA
        BPA test date: 8/21/10
        TSU: 2/6/12
        EOD: ???

CBPO
        Got the call!
        PFT2: 3/23
        EOD: 4/9
        FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
          When is the next test for CBPO-any idea?
          Unfortunately I don't think anyone could answer that accurately. Could be a while though, I believe there is a significant backlog of applicants waiting at some point in the process, even for a tentative selection letter after taking the test more than a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
            Unfortunately I don't think anyone could answer that accurately. Could be a while though, I believe there is a significant backlog of applicants waiting at some point in the process, even for a tentative selection letter after taking the test more than a year ago.
            CBP is planning to post another CBPO vacancy in a month or so. Not sure for what locations or if it will be national but there should be more testing coming as a result. It still can be a long wait once you get your application in depending on funding and hiring needs, but at least it's a start.
            Last edited by wmu2003; 02-16-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
              Hi so my eqip came back saying not sufficient information for half brother who came to America as an immigrant about 35 years ago. I tried asking him for his passport or certificate of natuaralization but he says he can't find either of them. We are not very close and havent seen him for years. I have two days for him to look for his passport but he says no luck.

Just wondering if anybody has been in this situation and if they will let it pass if he cant find any info. I suppose I could ask him to apply for new passport and pay for it....thanks for any adivce.
              Hate to say it but even if he goes and applies for another passport even with a rush request you still wouldn't even get it in time. Rush to them is considered minimum of 2 weeks and costs $120 if I recall at the post office. Your best chance is finding the passport of the papers for naturalization. My parents are from Vietnam and luckily they keep track of all their paperwork and the minute I asked for them they handed them rite over. I would strongly push for your brother to find the stuff. No offense but who in their right mind would misplace that stuff???
              CBPO
              GEO Pref: SWB
              App Date: 8/2/11
              Written Exam: 9/1/11
              NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
              TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
              E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
              SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
              PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
              Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
              DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
              Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
              Call Rec.: 3/2/12
              PFT2: 3/16/12
              EOD: 4/9/12
              FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Hey guys, I just got my TSL! (Thank you God!!!!) I was provided my applicant ID on the second form however I'm still unable to sign into CASS. Anyone know if I have to send the forms before I'm able to sign in??
                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by nonsense View Post
                  that letter means your qualifications should be checked off now in CASS
                  OMG you're right!! I hadn't checked CASS in a week or so, and now I have a Green check for Qualifications! One more little Check for Background and I'm done!

Now only the polygraph and the pushups stand in my way...
                  CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
                  NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
                  T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
                  E-QIP: 10/12/11
                  VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
                  Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
                  Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
                  Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
                  B.I.: ???
                  PFT2:
                  E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    Hey guys, I just got my TSL! (Thank you God!!!!) I was provided my applicant ID on the second form however I'm still unable to sign into CASS. Anyone know if I have to send the forms before I'm able to sign in??
                    Congrats bro... Check and see if you use the correct login info. If I can recall it doesn't have to be all turned in before you are able to log in to check your status.
                    Originally posted by Gringa View Post
                    OMG you're right!! I hadn't checked CASS in a week or so, and now I have a Green check for Qualifications! One more little Check for Background and I'm done!

Now only the polygraph and the pushups stand in my way...
                    Congrats congrats... good luck on the poly. As for the push-ups I'm sure the adrenaline will kick in and get you to fly rite through to them. I got out 48/49 but at the gym doing it and timing myself I get around 32 or so... Good example of adrenaline stepping in.
                    CBPO
                    GEO Pref: SWB
                    App Date: 8/2/11
                    Written Exam: 9/1/11
                    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                    PFT2: 3/16/12
                    EOD: 4/9/12
                    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

Hi so my eqip came back saying not sufficient information for half brother who came to America as an immigrant about 35 years ago. I tried asking him for his passport or certificate of natuaralization but he says he can't find either of them. We are not very close and havent seen him for years. I have two days for him to look for his passport but he says no luck.

Just wondering if anybody has been in this situation and if they will let it pass if he cant find any info. I suppose I could ask him to apply for new passport and pay for it....thanks for any adivce.
                      If he can't find his Natuaralization certificate, he won't be able to prove his citizenship to obtain the passport so that won't work.

FB

Comment

Have you told the investigator that he can't find his documents? I'm sure they can check to see if he really is a citizen. I don't think it should be a problem just notify them as soon as possible. We have a system here at work and it has a record of every passport issued so if he had one issued they can look him up by name and DOB. I don't know if that's s something they will do but there is a way to verify.
                        Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                        Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                        TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                        PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                        Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                        VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                        B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                        Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                        Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                        PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
                          Been married 15 yrs and have 2 daughters (12 & 10). I do have to credit my work hours though and work place(work on base, gym within walking distance). I work a 12-9 shift, so that allows me to get the kiddos ready in the morning for school, get a quick workout session, go to work, workout session during my lunch break at 5pm, get home in time to hangout with my kids before they go to bed. Rinse, lather, repeat....LoL
                          Wow! It looks like we're all busy with work and family. So I guess there is no excuse for not working out
                          Please send me that work out! I'll PM you my email.
                          Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
                            Have you told the investigator that he can't find his documents? I'm sure they can check to see if he really is a citizen. I don't think it should be a problem just notify them as soon as possible. We have a system here at work and it has a record of every passport issued so if he had one issued they can look him up by name and DOB. I don't know if that's s something they will do but there is a way to verify.
                            Hi DsaGirl, yeah I told them to extend it 2 more days because he said he would look again, but its seems like he won't find it. I was thinking they should be able to look it up. lol
                            CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                            NOR passed 1/25/11
                            Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                            Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                            PFT1 12/15/11
                            VBT/SI 1/26/12
                            VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                            LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                            Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                            Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                            Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

Hi DsaGirl, yeah I told them to extend it 2 more days because he said he would look again, but its seems like he won't find it. I was thinking they should be able to look it up. lol
                              Yeah I don't see how you can be penalized for someone else not having their paperwork. There’s a way to check and if they don’t have access they can give you more time for him to get his passport even after they submit your background. I had a background done a year ago and I had a collection thing for like 30 bucks. They questioned it and I tried to dispute it because it wasn’t mine. At the end I agreed to just pay it and the background investigator said to send her proof that it was resolved. It took 30 days before I got a letter from the collection place and I submitted it then.

Comment

Your relative should be able to look up his naturalization number the same way people can look up their selective service registration. If he's an illegal.. well, he might have different problems as a result of you applying with la migra. Either way, they want to make sure you don't have loyalties to other countries or nationals of other countries.

Oh yeah, and they don't actually investigate anything. For the most part, all they do is verify. The BI isn't really a BI, its more of a BV (background verification). You provide info, and they check to see if its true or pans out. In other words, whatever you wrote on your SF86 and e-Quip, is what is asked of all your references. While the questions are being answered by all your references, they take notes, then compare the answers to each other and to what you provided to see if the picture they get of you is the same from all angles. If it is, you pass the BI. Simple as that.
                                Last edited by sandwichman; 02-16-2012, 04:00 PM.
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12697 users online. 350 members and 12347 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X