300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
    You and me both bro...lol. I am 5'6" as well. I dont practice with a block though, I do nose to floor
    Lol nice... I do it on the floor, with dumbbells, or one of those balancing half medicine balls. Try to switch it up as much as I can.
    CBPO
    GEO Pref: SWB
    App Date: 8/2/11
    Written Exam: 9/1/11
    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
    PFT2: 3/16/12
    EOD: 4/9/12
    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by ldomi View Post
      I am confused. Please forgive my ignorance. Do you mean that in the academy you will have to do the push ups all the way to the floor in order to pass? I'm only asking so that I can push myself harder if this is the case for and if they do call. thank you
      Academy from what everyone has portrayed on here is run para-military, and I've always taken/assumed that when you do push-ups you will pretty much be nose to floor. To prepare yourself I would go that route, worst case scenario if you are in academy and they do it 4 inches above the ground you're set or even if they still say nose to floor you are still prepared because thats how you've been practicing.
      CBPO
      GEO Pref: SWB
      App Date: 8/2/11
      Written Exam: 9/1/11
      NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
      TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
      E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
      SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
      PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
      Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
      DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
      Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
      Call Rec.: 3/2/12
      PFT2: 3/16/12
      EOD: 4/9/12
      FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

I am confused. Please forgive my ignorance. Do you mean that in the academy you will have to do the push ups all the way to the floor in order to pass? I'm only asking so that I can push myself harder if this is the case for and if they do call. thank you
        The job you are applying for has the potential of being physically demanding and you therefore should be in shape to be able to cope with any situation that comes your way (ie. foot chase, climbing into or out of containers, vehicles and who knows what else).

That being said, you should be able to do real push-ups regardless of your sex. Real push-up meaning your back is straight, shoulders are back and your chest touches the ground. When the time comes (after you pass your PFT1) you'll start getting emails on how to prepare for the PFT2.

In December, regarding push-ups, this is what was sent:

"..Push-ups:

Push-ups strengthen the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core muscles. Lying face-down, place your hands about shoulder width apart with your thumbs in line with the crease of the shoulders. Place toes on the floor, creating a smooth line from shoulders to feet. Keeping core muscles engaged lower and lift your body by bending and straightening your elbows. Too hard? Place knees on the floor instead of toes. To boost the workout, add an exercise ball under the hips, knees, or feet"

In Jan they sent another email with a routine to follow to be prepared for the pft2.
        CBP written test Miami, FL
        11/10/2007
        NOR letter 01/16/2008
        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
        9/4/2009
        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
        never got first)
        qualifications completed
        BI interview 9/30/2009
        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
        poly: Mar 2011
        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Thank you both for your advice. When i started this process i was not able to do one push up, but I trained and in the PFT1 i was able to do 25. However, I am still no table to do many from the floor up. But i continue to work at it. Being a girl, and I know this is not an excuse. I do not have much upper body strength and it has been hard to get the push ups. But I will get them down if it's the last thing I do!

Comment

Thank you both for your advice. When i started this process i was not able to do one push up, but I trained and in the PFT1 i was able to do 25. However, I am still no table to do many from the floor up. But i continue to work at it. Being a girl, and I know this is not an excuse. I do not have much upper body strength and it has been hard to get the push ups. But I will get them down if it's the last thing I do!
            I feel your pain with the pushups. I couldn't do any either before I started the process and I was able to pass the PFT1 but I've gotten lazy and I think I'm back down to 13! I better start working out! It would be terrible to get to the end and not pass because of the pushups.
            Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
            Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
            TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
            PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
            Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
            VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
            B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
            Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
            Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
            PFT2: ?

Comment

Thank you both for your advice. When i started this process i was not able to do one push up, but I trained and in the PFT1 i was able to do 25. However, I am still no table to do many from the floor up. But i continue to work at it. Being a girl, and I know this is not an excuse. I do not have much upper body strength and it has been hard to get the push ups. But I will get them down if it's the last thing I do!
              Sounds like you gals are determined, which is one major factor in accomplishing what you want to achieve! Keep it up!
              I have been out of the Marines since 99, and in 11 years I gained a whopping 70 lbs! (ouch). Long story short, applying for BPA and CBPO has changed my outlook in life. Dropped 45 lbs. Went from 11-12 push ups and 18:30 1.5 mile to 54 push ups at PFT-1 and running 13:45 1.5 mile consistently.
              Mind over matter...
              Last edited by Raymart; 02-15-2012, 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling
              BPA
              BPA test date: 8/21/10
              TSU: 2/6/12
              EOD: ???

CBPO
              Got the call!
              PFT2: 3/23
              EOD: 4/9
              FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
                I feel your pain with the pushups. I couldn't do any either before I started the process and I was able to pass the PFT1 but I've gotten lazy and I think I'm back down to 13! I better start working out! It would be terrible to get to the end and not pass because of the pushups.
                Don't get lazy! From what they have all said in here that is the major factor when failing the PFT2 and academy. I even got my personal trainer to be sure to reach my goal. I am not gonna let some push ups stop me from it. Something else may but it will not be the physical aspect of it. You can do it. Like Raymart said. Min over matter....

Comment

• Hey guys.""............
                  Last edited by imlikeaninja; 06-24-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

DSgirlCA when did you do E-Quip? I already did medical, pft1, and vbt/SI but havent received email for E-Quip and all my background says is that documents received are being looked over for completeness or awaiting results on pft, medical or interview. Did you meet with your investigator or did it just go to the security office?

Comment

Sounds like you gals are determined, which is one major factor in accomplishing what you want to achieve! Keep it up!
                      I have been out of the Marines since 99, and in 11 years I gained a whopping 70 lbs! (ouch). Long story short, applying for BPA and CBPO has changed my outlook in life. Dropped 45 lbs. Went from 11-12 push ups and 18:30 1.5 mile to 54 push ups at PFT-1 and running 13:45 1.5 mile consistently.
                      Mind over matter...
                      nice work!
                      CBPO
                      Geo - West Coast
                      Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                      NOR - 4/2/12
                      TSL - 6/12/12
                      PFT1 - green
                      BI -
                      Quals -
                      VBT/SI - green
                      Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Thanks! I just had to find that little "Marine" hanging out inside of me and let him loose! LoL!
                        BPA
                        BPA test date: 8/21/10
                        TSU: 2/6/12
                        EOD: ???

CBPO
                        Got the call!
                        PFT2: 3/23
                        EOD: 4/9
                        FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

Don't get lazy! From what they have all said in here that is the major factor when failing the PFT2 and academy. I even got my personal trainer to be sure to reach my goal. I am not gonna let some push ups stop me from it. Something else may but it will not be the physical aspect of it. You can do it. Like Raymart said. Min over matter....
                          Good for you! A trainer is a good idea. I actually got one once I got the TSL and he got me in good shape in a month! It was the best thing I ever did. There was no way I could have passed the PFT1. We would practice the test weekly but I finished my sessions and supposedly decided to work out on my own and it's been a month and I've barely gotten on the treadmill!! uugggh. I think I need the trainer back!

Comment

DSgirlCA when did you do E-Quip? I already did medical, pft1, and vbt/SI but havent received email for E-Quip and all my background says is that documents received are being looked over for completeness or awaiting results on pft, medical or interview. Did you meet with your investigator or did it just go to the security office?
                            I submitted my e-quip on 11/8/2011 but according to them the paperwork had a line through it and they didn’t notify me until I emailed them for an update. After a couple of attempts of sending my paperwork they finally confirmed they received it on 1/26/2012. My CASS says "in security office", it has been like that since Nov 2011! I haven’t spoken to anyone. I got a letter in the mail from Experian about a week ago stating CBP ran my credit.
                            When did you submit yours? What does your timeline look like?

Comment

Mind over matter...
                              Wow! That's awesome. How often do you work out?

Comment

I submitted my e-quip on 11/8/2011 but according to them the paperwork had a line through it and they didn’t notify me until I emailed them for an update. After a couple of attempts of sending my paperwork they finally confirmed they received it on 1/26/2012. My CASS says "in security office", it has been like that since Nov 2011! I haven’t spoken to anyone. I got a letter in the mail from Experian about a week ago stating CBP ran my credit.
                                When did you submit yours? What does your timeline look like?
                                then you're being looked at for sure. the BI goes over your credit report with you during the meeting.
                                CBPO
                                Geo - West Coast
                                Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                                NOR - 4/2/12
                                TSL - 6/12/12
                                PFT1 - green
                                BI -
                                Quals -
                                VBT/SI - green
                                Drug Screen - green

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8445 users online. 462 members and 7983 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X