EOD: ???

CBPO
    Got the call!
    PFT2: 3/23
    EOD: 4/9
    FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Question for my fellow veterans....

Passed my pft2 last week. Yesterday I received my final, FINAL offer letter. Attached to it was some info stating that I can use my GI Bill for on the job training. Has anyone done that? Can it be used for fletc and post academy? I'm planning on calling the VA tomorrow. Thanks!
      EOD: 2/2012
      FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Ok Aesco84, I am quoting a guy that posted this on another government forum, I thought it would help you a bit......

Quote---------> You cannot receive VA education benefits, including the GI Bill, for undergoing training at the expense of the Federal government. New agent training constitutes training at Government expense under the Government Employee's Training Act (GETA). In order for the VA to pay "apprenticeship" allowances for a period of initial training, the employer must get their training program approved by the state where the training occurs. Some local PDs are approved, because they only have to deal with one state. A few Federal programs (Marshalls & CBP, I think) are certified, which provides a year or 2 of apprenticeship allowances (exlusive of time at FLETC - because that is training at Government expense under GETA). <--------End Quote.
        BPA
        BPA test date: 8/21/10
        TSU: 2/6/12

CBPO
        Got the call!

Comment

• Has anyone applied for the CBP Technician position? I'm a bit confused in the job description in that it sounds like you don't need prior experiences but when you fill out the questionaire it makes you feel ineligible. Any info would be greatly appreciated. What did you guys submit with your questionaire as well since it allows you attach documents besides your resume?
          CBPO
          GEO Pref: SWB
          App Date: 8/2/11
          Written Exam: 9/1/11
          NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
          TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
          E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
          SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
          PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
          Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
          DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
          Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
          Call Rec.: 3/2/12
          PFT2: 3/16/12
          EOD: 4/9/12
          FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• as far as I know from friends that are border patrol, they pay you BAH while at the academy and a whole year after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
              Question for my fellow veterans....

Passed my pft2 last week. Yesterday I received my final, FINAL offer letter. Attached to it was some info stating that I can use my GI Bill for on the job training. Has anyone done that? Can it be used for fletc and post academy? I'm planning on calling the VA tomorrow. Thanks!
              Yes you can use it. You can use either the Ch 33 or Post 9/11 OJT programs. You will get to use 12 months for CBP training. I signed up for OJT payments under Post 9/11 and it has been approved, now Im just waiting on the first payment. Its been about 6 weeks since I submitted all the paperwork. There 2 others at my port using it and several others down here as well.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by mandarrin View Post
                as far as I know from friends that are border patrol, they pay you BAH while at the academy and a whole year after that.
                Basic Allowance for Housing? Heh. That's not the case. At least, it wasn't the case in 2009. I highly doubt that it is the case now.

Edit: I just realized that you may be talking about GI Bill issues, which I know nothing about.
                Last edited by Drifting; 02-14-2012, 08:11 PM.
                Gek.

Comment

• drifting, Thank you for correcting yourself, yes I'm talking about the post 9/11.

Comment

• Yes E5 BAH with dependents based off of your home port location. I know OFO only gets 12 months, BP may get the full 18 months.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                      Yes you can use it. You can use either the Ch 33 or Post 9/11 OJT programs. You will get to use 12 months for CBP training. I signed up for OJT payments under Post 9/11 and it has been approved, now Im just waiting on the first payment. Its been about 6 weeks since I submitted all the paperwork. There 2 others at my port using it and several others down here as well.
                      awesome. thanks. i have 12 months under post 9/11. after that I'm completely finished.
                      EOD: 2/2012
                      FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• seeOH...........4 or 6 inch block depending on your height? How do they base it on? I'm 5'1"! Lol (Girl power) ;-)
                        Last edited by Alpha/Tango; 02-15-2012, 01:28 AM.
                        "To accomplish great things , we must no only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha/Tango View Post
                          seeOH...........4 or 6 inch block depending on your height? How do they base it on? I'm 5'1"! Lol (Girl power) ;-)
                          I believe you will be getting the 4" block lol... Even then, as someone already said you should practice doing nose to floor because you won't be getting that block in academy anyways. It's okay I'm 5'6" for an asian guy so I'm feeling short already lol.
                          CBPO
                          GEO Pref: SWB
                          App Date: 8/2/11
                          Written Exam: 9/1/11
                          NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                          TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                          E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                          SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                          PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                          Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                          BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                          VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                          DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                          Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                          Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                          PFT2: 3/16/12
                          EOD: 4/9/12
                          FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                            I believe you will be getting the 4" block lol... Even then, as someone already said you should practice doing nose to floor because you won't be getting that block in academy anyways. It's okay I'm 5'6" for an asian guy so I'm feeling short already lol.
                            You and me both bro...lol. I am 5'6" as well. I dont practice with a block though, I do nose to floor
                            BPA
                            BPA test date: 8/21/10
                            TSU: 2/6/12

CBPO
                            Got the call!

Comment

• "10-4, Copy that!" Thx guys!
                              "To accomplish great things , we must no only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."

Comment

• I am confused. Please forgive my ignorance. Do you mean that in the academy you will have to do the push ups all the way to the floor in order to pass? I'm only asking so that I can push myself harder if this is the case for and if they do call. thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7639 users online. 325 members and 7314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X