Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT is PT. Some days it sucks. Other days it's not too bad. It depends on your level of fitness and mental preparation. If you go in there and give it everything you have... and understand you are being paid to work out... you'll be fine! In fact, sometimes it's fun. In the end, even the most physically fit and mentally prepared individuals get smoked. Just do your best.

And for the most part, DT and PT are intermingled almost every single class. It really depends on your instructors. Some spend half of class doing DT and then PT while other do a mixture of both the entire session. Example, grapple for 10-15 minutes then do a few floor exercises then back to grappling.... repeat. Maybe incorporate sprints or something if you are outside.

As for how often... every session's schedule is different. Some days it's 3 times a week and other times it's only 2. You'll learn that you need to make up the difference on your own so you can stay in shape.

Do not worry about PT. Just take it seriously and don't sandbag.
    Last edited by seeOH; 02-12-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
      PT is PT. Some days it sucks. Other days it's not too bad. It depends on your level of fitness and mental preparation. If you go in there and give it everything you have... and understand you are being paid to work out... you'll be fine! In fact, sometimes it's fun. In the end, even the most physically fit and mentally prepared individuals get smoked. Just do your best.

And for the most part, DT and PT are intermingled almost every single class. It really depends on your instructors. Some spend half of class doing DT and then PT while other do a mixture of both the entire session. Example, grapple for 10-15 minutes then do a few floor exercises then back to grappling.... repeat. Maybe incorporate sprints or something if you are outside.

As for how often... every session's schedule is different. Some days it's 3 times a week and other times it's only 2. You'll learn that you need to make up the difference on your own so you can stay in shape.

Do not worry about PT. Just take it seriously and don't sandbag.
      Definitely some good advice brothaman, I will heed this...
      BPA
      BPA test date: 8/21/10
      TSU: 2/6/12
      EOD: ???

CBPO
      Got the call!
      PFT2: 3/23
      EOD: 4/9
      FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• I'm going to Laredo tomorrow because my pft2 is the 14th. Is anyone going to be in Laredo Monday or Tuesday?

Comment

• PFT1 this morning.

44 push-ups
          39 sit-ups
          11 side steps (Still recovering from my broken leg)
          23 seconds for the lift lower test
          Step test seemed to be the easiest of the bunch

134 points total

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
            PFT1 this morning.

44 push-ups
            39 sit-ups

134 points total
            How did you get your score?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
              How did you get your score?

Based on the guide provided in pdf format on the CBP website. That's what I used to practice everything beforehand.

Comment

• Are there any of you who passed their interview and have not heard anything about the background check? My CASS states that they have received my papers but are waiting pending review of paperwork or passing all other areas, however, i have passed the pft1, interview and medical. I know that not everybody has the same timeline but it would be nice to see that I am not the only one waiting on a call for background investigation.

Comment

• Funny thing happened today...
                  I received an email congratulating me on passing the PFT-1. I performed my PFT-1 back in October and I am already in TSU.
                  I just thought I would share this bit of info since I am bored outta my mind at the moment...
                  BPA
                  BPA test date: 8/21/10
                  TSU: 2/6/12
                  EOD: ???

CBPO
                  Got the call!
                  PFT2: 3/23
                  EOD: 4/9
                  FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• got the same email..

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                      PFT1 this morning.

44 push-ups
                      39 sit-ups

134 points total
                      Awesome! And I agree-- the step test was the easiest!
                      GEO: Midwest
                      Written Exam: 12/10/10
                      NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                      TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                      VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                      PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                      Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                      BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                      Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                      Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                      Polygraph: 5/11/12
                      Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                      Met with BI: 7/27/12
                      Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                      PFT2: 9/4/12
                      EOD: 9/24/12
                      FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• So I haven't had my medical yet. I have a question for all of you who have failed the vision: how long did they give you to re-test or get it corrected? And also, if you re-tested, did you get to choose an office to get re-tested at or did they assign you one?
                        GEO: Midwest
                        Written Exam: 12/10/10
                        NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                        TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                        VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                        PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                        Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                        BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                        Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                        Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                        Polygraph: 5/11/12
                        Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                        Met with BI: 7/27/12
                        Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                        PFT2: 9/4/12
                        EOD: 9/24/12
                        FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by ldomi View Post
                          Are there any of you who passed their interview and have not heard anything about the background check? My CASS states that they have received my papers but are waiting pending review of paperwork or passing all other areas, however, i have passed the pft1, interview and medical. I know that not everybody has the same timeline but it would be nice to see that I am not the only one waiting on a call for background investigation.
                          i'm in the exact situation, just waiting for the bi to start and that's all i need.
                          GEO: SWB
                          Written: 07/11
                          NOR: 08/11
                          TSL: 10/11
                          Med/PFT1: 12/11
                          VBT/SI: 01/12
                          Drug Test: 05/12
                          BI: met with investigator
                          Poly: 10/04/12 (passed)
                          PFT2: 12/27/12 (passed)
                          EOD: 12/31/12

Comment

• Thanks, Sgtro09! Sometimes you just need to know that there are others going thru the same situation. I wish they would start already that way at least we know something is happening. But then again maybe not hearing anything is good news it means we are still in the process.Good luck with the BI once they do start.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldomi View Post
                              Thanks, Sgtro09! Sometimes you just need to know that there are others going thru the same situation. I wish they would start already that way at least we know something is happening. But then again maybe not hearing anything is good news it means we are still in the process.Good luck with the BI once they do start.
                              A friend who has been in the process for BPA for well over a year now recently received an email stating that they currently have a one year backlog of background investigations and to expect a delay in the process. I would imagine that both BPA and CBPO utilize the same pool of contracted background investigators/adjudicators.

Comment

• Wow! Then maybe we will be waiting for a while. I am a Dec. 2010 tester and was hoping that maybe I had waited quite a bit now and was almost done with the process. But as long as I'm still in the running there is no whining from my part. I know the wait will pay off.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3773 users online. 180 members and 3593 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X