300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
    I passed my pft2 today. Anyone know how long it'll take for them to contact me with my person of contact at my POE??
    Where was your PFT2??

Comment

cold! crazy thing is i pulled a muscle in the sprint. i was like omg you gotta be fn kidding meeeee!!! used the rest periods between push ups and sit ups to stretch it out and ran up and down the gym seeing how it felt. before the run i was like theres no way this is stopping me. the run hurt like a mofo but i did it in 14:17.

weird bc i stretched before so idk what happen. maybe the cold mixed with nerves mixed with going from standing still to straight out sprinting.

STRETCH!!!
      How many applicants failed and how bad was the sprint? In your view is the sprint the hardest part? I'm taking my pft2 next tuesday; do you have any tips?

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
        IF you are congratulating me, I thank you! And I hope I get some green checks! I have none so far! PS, that's dudette to you! Girl power
        Right on dudette!!
        BPA
        BPA test date: 8/21/10
        TSU: 2/6/12
        EOD: ???

CBPO
        Got the call!
        PFT2: 3/23
        EOD: 4/9
        FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
          *Update*
          Special Agent so-and-so called me this afternoon and scheduled the polygraph test for Feb 29th.
          Let's do this! So ready!
          The poly, hands down, has been my least favorite part of the process. Good luck with yours.
          CBP written test Miami, FL
          11/10/2007
          NOR letter 01/16/2008
          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
          9/4/2009
          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
          never got first)
          qualifications completed
          BI interview 9/30/2009
          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
          poly: Mar 2011
          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Berto9862 View Post
            I took the polygraph test tuesday feb 7th in washington DC, sucks cuz i had to drive from NE Jersey
            and stay in a hotel overnight, o well.

QUESTION: how long after doing the poly do you get notice on whether or not you passed or failed?

i ask cuz medical wants additional info by march 3rd, and i dont want to spend the money for additional stuff if i end up failing the poly
            Unofficially, the guy administering the poly told me on the spot that it looks for the most part, I passed. Officially (on CASS) it took about a month or two to show up as a green check.

Same thing with my BI2. Off the record, investigator told me there's nothing he sees that would be questionable. Officially, though, CASS still shows they're waiting on some forms and that my paperwork is in the security office.
            Last edited by sandwichman; 02-10-2012, 01:41 PM.
            CBP written test Miami, FL
            11/10/2007
            NOR letter 01/16/2008
            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
            9/4/2009
            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
            never got first)
            qualifications completed
            BI interview 9/30/2009
            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
            poly: Mar 2011
            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by rene View Post
              How many applicants failed and how bad was the sprint? In your view is the sprint the hardest part? I'm taking my pft2 next tuesday; do you have any tips?
              well if you're asking how bad the sprint was then that leads me to believe you haven't timed yourself. nothing is the hardest part. i do believe that 17 push ups is a lot for a female and wayyyy too low for a male. but i think cbp just took the average number of results between males and females and thats how they came up with the numbers. the sprint is easy... its 220 yards in less than 50 seconds. I'm not a runner AT ALL and my time at the track was 36 seconds. at my pft2 i made it in 33 WITH a pulled quad muscle. adrenaline takes over and you just go. i felt the pulled muscle in the second step of the sprint and thought to myself "this is gonna be a long day". i wish i would have slowed it down. i would have no problem in making it in 45 seconds and not pull a muscle. I'm trying to pass, its not a competition.

seriously, the pft2 is pretty easy. 25 sit ups in a minute...cmon. thats feasible for male or females in DECENT shape. no need to be body builders or juice heads. 17 push ups in a minute... if a guy fails that then he should reconsider a career in law enforcement. maybe go into finance or something. a 1.5 mile run in less than 17:15 is plenty of time. think about it, i made it in 14:17 with a pulled quad and I'm a HORRIBLE runner. i took my time so i wouldn't aggravate my leg and i still passed.

tips: go to the track and do the 1.5 mile run and sprint. time yourself so you know exactly where you stand. practice your push ups and sit ups. again, time yourself.

its not a race. don't freak out or push yourself to exhaustion if you see people passing you in the run.
              EOD: 2/2012
              FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
                Just finished VBT/SI...VBT is a piece of cake...the man who did my SI was pretty intimidating so I was pretty nervous at the beginning. I could have done better to start off, but I ended strong. I do think I charmed that man by the end! :-)
                Hey did the shinsplits holdup on the situps?lol Good job on the vbt and the rest of the way.
                CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                NOR passed 1/25/11
                Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                PFT1 12/15/11
                VBT/SI 1/26/12
                VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Shin splints vanished after lots of ice and ibuprofen!! I was worried about the step test and shin splints...I thought the cadence would be A LOT faster than it was! Worried for nothing! Thanks for asking! She said I did better than almost all the guys who have come through, so girl power haha!

Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                  Hey did the shinsplits holdup on the situps?lol Good job on the vbt and the rest of the way.
                  GEO: Midwest
                  Written Exam: 12/10/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                  TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                  VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                  PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                  Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                  BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                  Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                  Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                  Polygraph: 5/11/12
                  Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                  Met with BI: 7/27/12
                  Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                  PFT2: 9/4/12
                  EOD: 9/24/12
                  FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

well if you're asking how bad the sprint was then that leads me to believe you haven't timed yourself. nothing is the hardest part. i do believe that 17 push ups is a lot for a female and wayyyy too low for a male. but i think cbp just took the average number of results between males and females and thats how they came up with the numbers. the sprint is easy... its 220 yards in less than 50 seconds. I'm not a runner AT ALL and my time at the track was 36 seconds. at my pft2 i made it in 33 WITH a pulled quad muscle. adrenaline takes over and you just go. i felt the pulled muscle in the second step of the sprint and thought to myself "this is gonna be a long day". i wish i would have slowed it down. i would have no problem in making it in 45 seconds and not pull a muscle. I'm trying to pass, its not a competition.

seriously, the pft2 is pretty easy. 25 sit ups in a minute...cmon. thats feasible for male or females in DECENT shape. no need to be body builders or juice heads. 17 push ups in a minute... if a guy fails that then he should reconsider a career in law enforcement. maybe go into finance or something. a 1.5 mile run in less than 17:15 is plenty of time. think about it, i made it in 14:17 with a pulled quad and I'm a HORRIBLE runner. i took my time so i wouldn't aggravate my leg and i still passed.

tips: go to the track and do the 1.5 mile run and sprint. time yourself so you know exactly where you stand. practice your push ups and sit ups. again, time yourself.

its not a race. don't freak out or push yourself to exhaustion if you see people passing you in the run.
                    Good to know, I pretty much figured that many were going to get hurt on the Sprint because of the sudden movements that you put on your muscles and joints specially if you haven't ran for a while. I agree it does look easy, but if some are failing or getting hurt I would want to know about it so I can avoid the same faith. Thanks for the heads up, I will began slow on the Sprint and build up.

Comment

• Just finished my PFT-1 yesterday. I think I barely made it.

30 push-up
                      30 sit-up
                      10 side-steps
                      60 sec lift

Geo: West Coast (formally SFO/OAK)
                      exam date : 12/14/2010
                      NOR: 02/01/2011
                      TO: 01/09/2012
                      PFT-1 : 2/9/2012 (pending result)
                      TO/TSL: 01/09/2012
                      PFT-1 : 2/9/2012 (passed)
                      Med: 2/22/2012 (pending result)
                      VBT/SI: 3/2/2012 (pending result)

Comment

• [\quote] Shin splints vanished after lots of ice and ibuprofen!! I was worried about the step test and shin splints...I thought the cadence would be A LOT faster than it was! Worried for nothing! Thanks for asking! She said I did better than almost all the guys who have come through, so girl power haha! [\quote]

Shin splits are a bummer! I don't get them as much since I have dropped a bunch of weight, I am doing a lot better than 8 months ago...
                        My times were horrible!!
                        BPA
                        BPA test date: 8/21/10
                        TSU: 2/6/12
                        EOD: ???

CBPO
                        Got the call!
                        PFT2: 3/23
                        EOD: 4/9
                        FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Yes! Shin splints are horrible! I have always gotten them! I really want to train for a half marathon, but I can only get through training for a 10K because I have to take so many days of rest between running days. I recently went to a physical therapist and have a "running analysis" scheduled in a few weeks. I dont know how that will work since I assume they want me to run on a treadmill while they observe-- me running on a treadmill = slight mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoicho View Post
                            Just finished my PFT-1 yesterday. I think I barely made it.

30 push-up
                            30 sit-up
                            10 side-steps
                            60 sec lift

TO: 01/09/2012
                            PFT-1 : 2/9/2012 (pending result)
                            I was looking at your timeline...looks like we are about on the same schedule. I took my PFT1 Thursday (yesterday) and had my VBT/SI the day before. The guy told me I was supposed to get my VBT/SI in March, but someone canceled so he called me to see if I could fill it. Hopefully for you, that means yours is coming in March too!

Comment

• Just a word of advice to all those about to EOD, go to pre-academy, or start the basic course at FLETC. I just graduated on Friday and let me give you a piece of advice about fitness... It's not the run, the sit and reach, or the 220 run that is causing most people problems. It's the push ups. You MUST and I mean MUST do perfect push ups. I cannot stress this enough. If you have the mind set that "they're not going to fail me because I am struggling on the push ups" during your last fitness testing... you're wrong. Ask the handful of individuals that were in their 18th week (of 19 weeks) and were sent home due to push ups. Yes, there were some other extenuating circumstances that caused issues but why leave it in the hands of the instructors? SQUARE YOURSELF AWAY NOW. In 19 weeks you should have no reason to get to a minimum of 24 solid push ups, however, we are all built different so start now if you cannot do 40+ push ups. Remember this, what if you are sick? What if you catch the FLETC crud... and you will... What if you have a bad day? You need cushioning on your numbers in every part of the fitness testing. DO NOT settle for the minimum.

Keep your back straight, chest all the way to the floor (yes, you use a 4" or 6" block depending on height), hands roughly should width apart, and FEET MUST BE 8" to 12" apart. Nothing can touch the floor or you are done. Keep your core tight and look up (it helps push your chest downwards). Remember to breath!

Please, if I could stress one thing.... this is the ONE PIECE OF ADVICE I would give all new persons joining CBP. Most people being sent home, as of recent, was due to push ups.

Best of luck to all of you. Take the training serious and good things will happen.

Comment

• SeeOH... How was the rest of the PT? How often.... Not including DeTac.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16147 users online. 483 members and 15664 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X