300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next question:

How long after receiving the grade from the CBPO exam should one be expected to be input into CASS for updates? I received my grade a week ago, but my info doesn't pass log in yet.
    CBPO
    TESTED: 07/25/08
    NOR: 08/04/08
    TO:
    PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS -
    MEDICAL -
    FITNESS -
    VBT -
    QUALS -
    DRUG TEST -
    BI -

Comment

• Originally posted by WFM1125 View Post
      Next question:

How long after receiving the grade from the CBPO exam should one be expected to be input into CASS for updates? I received my grade a week ago, but my info doesn't pass log in yet.
      You will not be put into CASS unless you receive a TO. What location did you apply for and what was your score?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Labs27 View Post
        I would not put to much emphasis on what shows in CASS. I received letter confirming quals complete and all other pre-employment processing successfully completed on Monday (letter dated 7/31). CASS still has quals pending and BI-in security office. Try hotline number it has been more timely than CASS in my situation. Hotline was up to date Tuesday stating I was sent to training and scheduling and wait for the call. (still no call but waiting) Feel kind of foolish checking CASS so religiously when hotline might be more accurate!?!?
        I hope you get the call soon I'm gonna start checking the hotline too! what location are you trying to get?

Comment

• Well half a step closer......

I spoke to the adjudicator handling my NOPA letter, and she said I'm good to go. I guess it wasn't as serious as I thought. But she has to pass it up her chain of command, and it could take another six weeks or more to get the final approval. But, that's the last step for me.

I spoke with her a little bit and she said they are overwhelmed with applicants, so the process is dragging. So, hang in there everybody. I tested Feb. '07. If it does take another six weeks, it will be 19 months until my background finally clears. I'm assuming I'll get the call shortly after that, but you never know.

Hopefully I'll see some of you at FLETC, or on the job.
          ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
          March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
          July 09 Oral Board
          Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
          Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
            I would like to say in the 30 range for the math, logical reasoning, and grammar. And about 60 for the personality assessment. I'm not sure though.
            thanks.. another question for you guys..is this the standard 546 & 548 test that the Government gives?

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
              hey guys,

i'm about to take the test on Saturday.. due to it being around 4hours, what is the break down (approx number of questions) with each section of the test.

thanks..
              the First part consist of 36 questions.. on CBP 45 for BP test, 2 minutes for each questions. The math is easy, high school stuff; please!!!!! review the study guide everything in the study guide is in the exam. Same thing 2 minutes for each question but I do not remember the number of questions; nevertheless I do remember finishing 15 minutes earlier. the last part is logical reading.. you need to know how to organize an essay and grammar stuff. In addition, the last part consist of questions like :have you ever smoked maryjane, have you ever seen maryjane, have you ever been tempted to smoke maryjane.. LOL. good luck
              TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
              NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
              QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
              GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
              PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
              MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
              FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
              VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
              DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
              BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                Well half a step closer......

I spoke to the adjudicator handling my NOPA letter, and she said I'm good to go. I guess it wasn't as serious as I thought. But she has to pass it up her chain of command, and it could take another six weeks or more to get the final approval. But, that's the last step for me.

I spoke with her a little bit and she said they are overwhelmed with applicants, so the process is dragging. So, hang in there everybody. I tested Feb. '07. If it does take another six weeks, it will be 19 months until my background finally clears. I'm assuming I'll get the call shortly after that, but you never know.

I never post, but this warrants a post
                YES!!! Congratulations!
                I've been secretly pushing for you since you received your NOPA (got one myself). Nice to hear your issues have been cleared up!

Congrats!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WFM1125 View Post
                  Could someone explain the VBT test a bit? As I understand, they show you video of situations and ask for a response. How does this work, exactly?
                  I remember a guy telling me "you are not supposed to know any procedures about how to proceed to any situation" just be the best costumer service guy in the world. Nevertheless, in the test you are a CBP and you are required to respond to your best judgment. In my personal experience, I really played the CBP to my best knowledge principally because words came out of my mouth immediately. The guy who played the customer service passed as I did, there are situations where customer service may not be useful and that is my opinion. Do not respond violently or stressed. kind when you need to and firm when is required.
                  TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                  NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                  QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                  GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                  PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                  MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                  FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                  VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                  DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                  BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Will, Congrats on that man. I am stoked for you that you were able to resolve the situation. How did you speak to the adjudicator? Did she call you?

Originally posted by will0861 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                      Will, Congrats on that man. I am stoked for you that you were able to resolve the situation. How did you speak to the adjudicator? Did she call you?

She wrote her number on the NOPA letter. I spoke to her a few times, and she was always very patient, even though they are really backlogged.
                      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                      July 09 Oral Board
                      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by kiddie789
                        Who out there has completed everything and waiting on THE CALL. Just wondering trying to get a guess. Oh and I know it has nothing to do with anything but still want to get an idea.
                        I've completed everything I think I can do and I'm just waiting for that phone to ring...
                        USSCP
                        Faxed App 7/28/10
                        Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                        Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                          I've completed everything I think I can do and I'm just waiting for that phone to ring...
                          Dude, I heard the BI for Wendy's Fry Cook was killer!
                          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                            Dude, I heard the BI for Wendy's Fry Cook was killer!
                            It's the polygraph that'll get you.
                            USSCP
                            Faxed App 7/28/10
                            Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                            Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post

Congrats. It's good to see some Marines around. Semper Fi and hopefully I'll be seeing you at Fletc soon. I'll be there Sept 10.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Quick question. Im in the process for CBP (taken the VBT and taking the medical tomorrow). However, Im seriously considering joining the military after I get my AA degree in December. Would this be a smart move? Assuming everything pans out with CBP that would be right around the time I would start working.
                                Ive been wanting to join for a while and feel like now is my time. I just dont want to mess my chances of getting this job.

Any suggestions?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6156 users online. 367 members and 5789 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X