300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
    If you are storing it outside the policy, union can't help you especially while you are a probational. I am saying follow the policy on storage. The P.O.W at the port is where that really can go afoul of policy and an unauthorised weapon is a one strike offense. But what do I know, only been a PFI for 10 years.
    Agree with your comments however - If a probie's duty firearm is stolen from his government issued, gov't property locker - vs a probie's duty firearm "alledged" stolen from home... it is still a world of difference.... Not simply for the property location though for locker breach time deduction / video in the halls outside the locker room area, etc. Add that to what we would all hope is a more secure location to store a firearm and the frequency locker rooms are used by LEO's (typically associated with restroom / showers)... probie or not, it favors those who do have a port locker to use them as intended...

Grats on being a PFI for 10 years - as a PFI, if your probies had firearm lock boxes within issued gov't port lockers - what is your opinion on where to best store a duty firearm? POW is a whole other can of beans and as clearly stated in prior posts, consult their port - especially as probies.

Edit added: In the end, any questions a new officer has should be directed towards the official responsible / your direct supervisor. I would imagine all these type of questions will be asked / answered pre- academy...(?) maybe post (?)... Supervisors typically will answer as a book directs down to the color pen for immigration vs customs (believe it or not, the legacy battle is still very present... haha!) Get with your PFI for that matter on firearm questions. - hopefully they are not the wonder boy power point preachers. (Not in any means directed towards BDDaddy as I do not personally know him).
    Last edited by Sytes; 02-06-2012, 03:55 AM. Reason: oops - BDDaddy not DDDaddy :)
    Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
      You don't really get any FLETC info before you get there. Maybe a list with all your classmates names and your Supervisor's names.

Since you're bringing a car, you can pretty much buy everything you need at Target or WalMart (toiletries, snacks...). If you already have white, crew neck t-shirts, bring them with you, black socks...maybe something to entretain yourself when you need a break from studying (books, some ppl bring video games). The most important thing for me is a laptop for internet and to keep in touch with the family. I also brought a printer, which helps with study guides.
      Thanks for the info. I hear there are no TVs in the dorms, just in common areas. Will definitely bring a laptop to keep in touch with the outside world and the printer is a good suggestion, too. Any other tips / suggestions?

Comment

• Where do we stay pre-Fletc?

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
          Where do we stay pre-Fletc?
          You can stay where ever you like within reason. If you read back through this thread, many suggest finding a motel with a weekly rate.
          Gek.

Comment

• Hey everyone, just received my EOD for March 19th in San Ysidro. Anyone else going out there? Academy date for April 18th. Anyone going to be in that academy? Can someone point me in the right direction with where I would stay before the 19th and what I should expect while shadowing etc etc. Someone can PM me or something to give me some serious bare bone information?? Thanks

Ben

Comment

• Busy week! VBT/SI on Wednesday; PFT1 on Tuesday. Did anyone else do the medical separate from PFT1? Thought that generally these were done together?
              GEO: Midwest
              Written Exam: 12/10/10
              NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
              TO/TSL: 1/9/12
              VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
              PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
              Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
              BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
              Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
              Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
              Polygraph: 5/11/12
              Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
              Met with BI: 7/27/12
              Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
              PFT2: 9/4/12
              EOD: 9/24/12
              FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
                Busy week! VBT/SI on Wednesday; PFT1 on Tuesday. Did anyone else do the medical separate from PFT1? Thought that generally these were done together?
                Good news for you lol, when i did my PFT1 about two months ago they did the medical first, then right after that i did the fitness test. Good luck with the up, up, down, down for 5 minutes.
                Exam: 03/2012
                NOR: 04/2012 81
                Qualified for: GS 7
                TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                EOD:
                PFT 2:

Comment

• Congrats man... When were you sent to TSU and when was your cert date? I have been in TSU for a month and have been waiting for the call... I live out in San Diego... let me know if you need any information on the city or the surrounding areas...

Comment

• Congrats man... When were you sent to TSU and when was your cert date? I have been in TSU for a month and have been waiting for the call... I live out in San Diego... let me know if you need any information on the city or the surrounding areas...

Comment

• Congrats brotha! Good luck over there!

Me and SoCal!27 are right on your tail dude!
                      BPA
                      BPA test date: 8/21/10
                      TSU: 2/6/12
                      EOD: ???

CBPO
                      Got the call!
                      PFT2: 3/23
                      EOD: 4/9
                      FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Hi vibrantpig (this was posted for the New Jersey LEO) I tested in 12/10 too and just passed the vbt. I'm thinking of applying to the local pd. Just wondering if you had both offers at same time would you choose local LEO career over again?

Good luck to us both.
                        Last edited by SFdude; 02-06-2012, 06:44 PM.
                        CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                        NOR passed 1/25/11
                        Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                        Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                        PFT1 12/15/11
                        VBT/SI 1/26/12
                        VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                        LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                        Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                        Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                        Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Originally posted by jzz298 View Post
                          SFdude, I had LASIK performed last July because I knew that I would fail the uncorrected portion again. If your vision isn't that bad, I would suggest a retest with an eye doctor.
                          I had Lasik performed last week. feels good so far. Now just got to wait the 90 days.
                          CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                          NOR passed 1/25/11
                          PFT1 12/15/11
                          VBT/SI 1/26/12
                          LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                          Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
                            Busy week! VBT/SI on Wednesday; PFT1 on Tuesday. Did anyone else do the medical separate from PFT1? Thought that generally these were done together?
                            Yeah mine was same day. How did it go? Puffin on those steps huh?
                            CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                            NOR passed 1/25/11
                            PFT1 12/15/11
                            VBT/SI 1/26/12
                            LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                            Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• I actually just got into TSU January 31 2012, suprised I received the call so quickly. I'm trying to get in touch with urdoc88 because he is in the same boat as I. Same POE, academy etc. I'm coming from New York so all the information I can get reguarding my POE and surrounding areas will help a ton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                                Good news for you lol, when i did my PFT1 about two months ago they did the medical first, then right after that i did the fitness test. Good luck with the up, up, down, down for 5 minutes.
                                Yeah...on top of shin splints I'm sure it will be a really good time. I am living with an ice pack on my leg until then :-/

Have you done the VBT/SI yet?
                                GEO: Midwest
                                Written Exam: 12/10/10
                                NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                                TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                                VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                                PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                                Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                                BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                                Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                                Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                                Polygraph: 5/11/12
                                Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                                Met with BI: 7/27/12
                                Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                                PFT2: 9/4/12
                                EOD: 9/24/12
                                FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4813 users online. 327 members and 4486 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X